"FIRE DICKSON" T-Shirt Ideas

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Please use this thread for legitimate and doable t-shirt ideas. I'm thinking we'll use something like http://cafepress.com and offer short sleeve / long sleeve options.

We need the logo to be short, to the point, and very readable.

Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
winwave
Top of the WAVE

As I've noted before I think on the front you can say "we DO judge by wins and losses" and put the football record in his 15 years right below it. On the back you could put "we won't go across the street".
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I think a picture of RD's face with the universal red slashed circle on the front, and "It's Time to Go" beneath the picture. On the back "WE DO JUDGE BY WINS AND LOSSES AND WANT TULANE TO SUCCEED" with Football and Basketball records and a line about no Baseball post season in 8 years.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
nawlinspete
Riptide

DfromCT wrote:I think a picture of RD's face with the universal red slashed circle on the front, and "It's Time to Go" beneath the picture. On the back "WE DO JUDGE BY WINS AND LOSSES AND WANT TULANE TO SUCCEED" with Football and Basketball records and a line about no Baseball post season in 8 years.

Too many words. Less is more:
FIRE DICKSON. WINNING MATTERS.
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
JTLiuzza
Swell

Whatever it ends up saying I think I'll wear a necktie with it. :)
The second commandment has not been abrogated.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

I also think we should have a "Fire Dickson" Fund raising Golf tournament and beer fest...too bad it is too late to have it for part of the Homecoming events !!!!

but I do like the simple approach... "Fire Dickson..Winning Matters"...." FIRE DICKSON....WE JUDGE BY WINS gotulanet"
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

I'll offer the same advice I offered with the text for the banner.

The t-shirt should include the website, www.firedickson.org. The t-shirts and banner are basically advertisements for the website which spells out the failures and facts. That's effective grassroots marketing.
wavefan03
Surge

I'll take one!
nawlinspete
Riptide

Winning Is NOT A Dirty Word
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
Aegis
High Tide

Green shirt with an outline of a wrecked Model T in white. Above or below the words Broken Model T. On reverse side "Become a Winner Scrap the Tulane Model"
nawlinspete
Riptide

Be careful before committing to trying to sell these. Seems to be total lack of interest from your hardcore, let alone casual potential purchaser.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

nawlinspete wrote:Be careful before committing to trying to sell these. Seems to be total lack of interest from your hardcore, let alone casual potential purchaser.
If you don't want one, you don't have to purchase. For your info., they will likely be sold through http://cafepress.com or a similar vendor that requires no upfront money for printing.

You're a pain, and a troll.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
Aegis
High Tide

nawlinspete wrote:Be careful before committing to trying to sell these. Seems to be total lack of interest from your hardcore, let alone casual potential purchaser.

Really Pete? Are you backing down you seem awfully ballsy in some of your posts.
nawlinspete
Riptide

NOLABigSteve wrote:
If you don't want one, you don't have to purchase. For your info., they will likely be sold through http://cafepress.com or a similar vendor that requires no upfront money for printing.

You're a pain, and a troll.
Will buy several if available; question is, will the general public ?
GreenLantern
Riptide

Brevity is the soul of wit. How about this on the shirts:

FIRE RICK DICKSON!

Tulane student athletes deserve far better!
Bigschtick
Riptide

Another T-shirt idea: Ban Pete the Troll
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
nawlinspete
Riptide

How soon will the WINNING MATTERS FIRE DICKSON T Shirts be available on campus ?

Perfect visibility for Basketball TV broadcasts, hopefully for the Temple FB game, too ; let alone LBC, Library, classrooms, Bruff, the trolly, Brunos, Camellia Grill , Wilson....
torbida
Surge

Got an additional T-shirt- Rick Dickson-Commitment to Excrement and on the back a toilet with the words Tulane model above it
nawlinspete
Riptide

Are they available now ?
Bigschtick
Riptide

Which ones? The Fire Dickson or THE BAN
PETE ? They are working on the latter
first. Its a matter of which is more urgent.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Bigschtick wrote:Which ones? The Fire Dickson or THE BAN
PETE ?
They are working on the latter
Lol
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
nawlinspete
Riptide

Bigschtick wrote:Which ones? The Fire Dickson or THE BAN
PETE ? They are working on the latter
Your choice....