TP coverage terrible

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Show Me
Tsunami

I cancelled my subscription a while back but they are so desperate that they continue to throw me a paper free. It's nothing more than litter that I am forced to pick up and occasionally read. The gameday had a small story buried deep in its anal's and today's wasn't much better. They even found room to put a Rummel vs Brother Martin game on page one with a picture.
Thank God us locals now have a choice.

RobertM320
Green Wave

same with nola.com. I found 4 articles this morning on the Advocate site, and only one on the TP. Wouldn't be surprised if they're not doing it purposely because of the Advocate sponsoring us.
nawlinspete
Riptide

Who cares, the TP is irrelevant and is dying and its reporter that covers us does not know a football from first base to put it politely.
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

nawlinspete wrote:Who cares, the TP is irrelevant and is dying and its reporter that covers us does not know a football from first base to put it politely.
this.
Jonathan
Riptide

After over 50years of TP subscriptions coverage on my part when Tulane graduate New Orleans Advocate owner George gave $500,000to the new TU Yulman Stadium I cancelled my TP subscription and moved to the New Orleans Advocate. The TP has been publishing only three days a week out of Alabama. All the editors are from out of state and know or care nothing about our city. I think the TU TP reporter is not a weekly salaried employee of the TP but only gets a small stipend for her contributions. Correct me if I am wrong. Unlike LSU A&M she is never allowed,paid or allowed expenses to cover or to go on a TU road away game even as close as Houston or Memphis. The TP is a joke now and everyone knows it.
wavefan03
Surge

I think Tammy's grades are humorous.

She did get the pick of Smart and Donnelly holding hands that made its rounds on national networks.
Show Me
Tsunami

nawlinspete wrote:Who cares, the TP is irrelevant and is dying and its reporter that covers us does not know a football from first base to put it politely.
Pete, you fail to understand the big picture. Rick Dickson has made Tulane irrelevant and that's why we are ignored by the local media. I just tuned in to WWL radio and all the talk is about how both "local" teams this weekend lost, the Saints and LSU. Thank You Rick Dickson for this.
IM42lane
Swell

Repeat after me, please! NEW ORLEANS ADVOCATE --- NEW ORLEANS ADVOCATE --- NEW ORLEANS ADVOCATE !

FORGET the T/P, period! John Georges's NEW ORLEANS ADVOCATE (or BATON ROUGE ADVOCATE if you live near me) is a SERIOUS IMPROVEMENT over what has been produced by the T/P since, well, . . WHENEVER!
Regards,
"Pete" Madere
JTLiuzza
Swell

Show Me wrote:
Pete, you fail to understand the big picture. Rick Dickson has made Tulane irrelevant and that's why we are ignored by the local media. I just tuned in to WWL radio and all the talk is about how both "local" teams this weekend lost, the Saints and LSU. Thank You Rick Dickson for this.
Shameful on the part of WWL. The Tulane football team is news whether they like it or not. Especially this past weekend. They have a raw arse at us for taking Tulane off their station so they ignore us. Bush league. That's why I don't listen to them.
The second commandment has not been abrogated.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

Show Me wrote:
Scott Cowen made Tulane irrelevant, Dickson is just carrying Cowen's water. The national media ignores Tulane too for that reason, and the national media is what reaches the dominant majority of Tulane alumni.

The TP is just a dying print publication that cannot afford to hire competent journalists for anything but the "most read" topics, and you noted Tulane is not one of them. The media is not holding Tulane athletics back, and the Advocate is doing a great job covering Tulane.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

JTLiuzza wrote:
Show Me wrote:
Shameful on the part of WWL. The Tulane football team is news whether they like it or not. Especially this past weekend. They have a raw arse at us for taking Tulane off their station so they ignore us. Bush league. That's why I don't listen to them.
Yeah that may be true, but that's the fault of our idiotic leadership for once again playing the situation so poorly. Just like its bush league for our stadium strategy to revolve around a handful of NIMBYs, but it's the fault of our leadership for handling the situation so poorly.
RobertM320
Green Wave

JTLiuzza wrote:
Show Me wrote:
Heck, I heard Bobby Hebert yesterday evening after the Saints game talking about what a terrible weekend it was for Louisiana fans, with the Saints and LSU losing on overtime. Then he said, "Yeah, Tulane won, but who really cares?" That was his comment.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

RobertM320 wrote:
JTLiuzza wrote:
Show Me wrote:
Heck, I heard Bobby Hebert yesterday evening after the Saints game talking about what a terrible weekend it was for Louisiana fans, with the Saints and LSU losing on overtime. Then he said, "Yeah, Tulane won, but who really cares?" That was his comment.
by Hebdert is a mornon

Bobby Hebert is a moron....Tulane, Pull all advertising dollars from the TP .. I remember when Tx Tech was trying to get into the SWC..Exxon was the presenting sponsor of all radio broadcast for the conference...the good people of Lubbock and all Tech fans everywhere boycotted all Exxon Stations and tore up all Exxon credit cards until Exxon put the pressure on the SWC to admit Tech...the fall out was that Houston was admitted also
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
nawlinspete
Riptide

Show Me wrote:
Let me show you: Have you not noticed my determination to get Ricky into the unemployment lines? :lol: :lol:

Have never had anything positive to say about Nunez; going back to the pre tula.net days when nola.com was a little viable. Labeled Nunez a regurgatator then and a buffoon now. :mrgreen:
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
GreenLantern
Riptide

nawlinspete wrote:Let me show you: Have you not noticed my determination to get Ricky into the unemployment lines? :lol: :lol:
Pete, donate at least $5 to the banner campaign and I'll believe you and take your posts seriously.
nawlinspete
Riptide

GreenLantern wrote:
nawlinspete wrote:Let me show you: Have you not noticed my determination to get Ricky into the unemployment lines? :lol: :lol:
Pete, donate at least $5 to the banner campaign and I'll believe you and take your posts seriously.
Nope; total waste of money, will be seen by virtually no one, most importantly ESPN as it will not be anywhere in view of their cameras. Homecoming celebrants will not see it either.

Walk out half way through First Quarter to make a statement numbering in the thousands and available for replay on an unlimited basis, as opposed to an invisible banner funded by a score or two.
Dave breslin
Swell

Doesn't TP stand for toilet paper? Fitting.
CoachBrockhoff
High Tide

Canceled mine today.
BC Wave
Swell

golfnut69 wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:
JTLiuzza wrote:
Show Me wrote:
by Hebdert is a mornon

Bobby Hebert is a moron....Tulane, Pull all advertising dollars from the TP .. I remember when Tx Tech was trying to get into the SWC..Exxon was the presenting sponsor of all radio broadcast for the conference...the good people of Lubbock and all Tech fans everywhere boycotted all Exxon Stations and tore up all Exxon credit cards until Exxon put the pressure on the SWC to admit Tech...the fall out was that Houston was admitted also
Texas Tech joined in 1958, I think. Exxon did not exist then.
Houston joined in '76.
JTLiuzza
Swell

BC Wave wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:
JTLiuzza wrote:
Show Me wrote:
by Hebdert is a mornon

Texas Tech joined in 1958, I think. Exxon did not exist then.
Houston joined in '76.
He probably meant Esso. Exxon has been around since the early 20th century but only changed it's name to Exxon in the 70's I think.
The second commandment has not been abrogated.
Show Me
Tsunami

CoachBrockhoff wrote:Canceled mine today.
I cancelled 6 months ago and they still throw me it only free now. I think they probably do that to keep the circulations number up.
CN Hide & Seek Team
Low Tide

I heard Bobby Hebert's comments about us Sunday post game.

Here is his Twitter account: https://twitter.com/BobbyHebert3