"FIRE DICKSON" Air Banner

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
DaveBrownStreak
High Tide

I haven spoken to the two administrators of GOTULA.NEt re:this idea. One has agreed to front the dollars IF he can get a FIRM commitment on contributions. I would ask that you be sincere and if you make a pledge you must honor it.

Whether it's a fly over of the stadium, tailgate area or university area in general, it's ACTION and a way to PUBLICLY show our disdain for the management of Tulane Athletics. It wil certainly get media coverage and that is a huge positive. Regardless of the outcome of the game this action is for the ENTIRE process. Sometimes we tend to be lenient because we play a good game......that cannot be the measuring stick and cause us to back off......

We have until Monday morning to have this finalized in order to meet the 11/15 homecoming date.

So, let's see how we do.

We have enough talk already

$1200

Go!!!!
Last edited by DaveBrownStreak on Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:15 am, edited 2 times in total.

RobertM320
Green Wave

I can't come up with much, but I can put in $20. Steve knows how to find me.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

Jeez its 2014, make a gofundme page.
ccap05
Surge

mbawavefan12 wrote:Jeez its 2014, make a gofundme page.
I second this. It is easy to set up a funding mechanism and I would be happy to donate. If this is done someone should notify the Hullabaloo- having student reporters nosing around would at least force our new Prez to ask WTF.
Bigschtick
Riptide

I am in if it goes forward. 100.00
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
cajunfanatico
Swell

yeah, set up a paypal account to make it really easy.
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
waveclem
Surge

I just donated a 100$. I know that everyone hear loves Tulane as much if not more then I do. Let's stop fighting amongst ourselves and take some form of action. Let's get this done.
Bigschtick
Riptide

waveclem wrote:I just donated a 100$. I know that everyone hear loves Tulane as much if not more then I do. Let's stop fighting amongst ourselves and take some form of action. Let's get this done.
Last edited by Bigschtick on Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
waveclem
Surge

Yes, just click the link above provided by Dave. We have 110$ now.
Bigschtick
Riptide

Bigschtick wrote:
waveclem wrote:I just donated a 100$. I know that everyone hear loves Tulane as much if not more then I do. Let's stop fighting amongst ourselves and take some form of action. Let's get this done.

So have they actually now set up a mechanism for the donation???
Found it! Done 100. bucks Pete and Jonathan, where are you?
If we cannot pull this off, shame on Tulane fans!
waveclem
Surge

Bigschtick wrote:
Bigschtick wrote:

So have they actually now set up a mechanism for the donation???
Found it! Done 100. bucks Pete and Jonathan, where are you?
If we cannot pull this off, shame on Tulane fans!
Good job my friend! All I wanna know now is who's coming with me???
GreenLantern
Riptide

I'm in for $100. That's $310 so far on
Bigschtick
Riptide

Thanks Waveclem and Green Lantern. If we cannot get 1200 bucks,
something is seriously wrong with this fan base!
GreenLantern
Riptide

As badly as I wanted the Houston win, it will probably get Rick Dickson another three years as AD.
DrBox
Riptide

As much as I want Dickson gone, that's inappropriate, imo.
JTLiuzza
Swell

DrBox wrote:As much as I want Dickson gone, that's inappropriate, imo.
What would be appropriate?
The second commandment has not been abrogated.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

How about we fly a kite instead. Lol.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

Ridiculous. The current situation is absurd enough that absolutely no measure is inappropriate. There is nothing less appropriate than the conduct out of Gibson Hall nd the Wilson Center. However, I believe this effort would be ineffective, which is something different.
DrBox
Riptide

jonathanjoseph wrote:
Ridiculous. The current situation is absurd enough that absolutely no measure is inappropriate. There is nothing less appropriate than the conduct out of Gibson Hall nd the Wilson Center. However, I believe this effort would be ineffective, which is something different.
Among other things, it's inappropriate. It's weak.
They've put a lot of money into the program. Not the way you would want them to, but money they've put. What we need is continued improvement in recruiting and coaching so that we win ballgames.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

DrBox wrote:
jonathanjoseph wrote:
Among other things, it's inappropriate. It's weak.
They've put a lot of money into the program. Not the way you would want them to, but money they've put. What we need is continued improvement in recruiting and coaching so that we win ballgames.
That's far oversimplified. "They" are those trusted with guarding Tulane University's best interests. "They" have double and triple and quadrupled down on failed policies and failed leaders, resulting in substantial damage to the university and athletic program. "They" put money into a strategy that would make the program self-sustaining, not successful, which is an unforgivable and beyond inappropriate stance. Not only should "they" be publicly embarrassed for their repeated (and repeated and repeated) failures, but "we" should pursue any and all legal recourse in holding them accountable since they have enriched themselves at our expense.

They aren't doing charitable work. They've made a lot of money ruining our university.
waveclem
Surge

Looks like the yoggies are ripping me personally on the other board for asking a question. Also ripping the idea and saying it's "classless." Those guys are what's part of the problem with Tulane in general. No one wants to take action and demand change. The great win tonight doesn't change the fact that Dickson needs to go. I'm pretty sure that Toledo was let go in mid-season because Dickson said the situation was getting too toxic. Let's make it the same with Dickson. Make it foul.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

put me in for 100.00.... (no takes on the sale of a kidney yet)
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

What those idiots don't realize is that we got them talking about how bad Dickson is, and how he really needs to go. So what if we fly a banner next Saturday or not. We now have the discussion rolling, and that is the bigger goal. WaveProf is too much of an idiot to see that. I think it's funny he bashes us, yet he reads most everything posted here. Keep the discussion going. And Curt, that was a great question. Yes, the money would be refunded.

http://www.yogwf.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=44251
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Steve.. I wonder if we may be better off spending the money on "flagship" Tulane radio station or on the sportsnola web site
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DaveBrownStreak
High Tide

Well, "grassroot" movements are the things that many times get action started......It's an idea, it's a way of publically expressing displeasure and there is nothing immature, silly or crazy....this is done, in one way or another all the time. I put no stock into what someone on another message board may say......particularly since that board is and allows mainly pro-Tulane administration comments...., etc.

I believe it was the "grass roots' movement of THIS site that put the heat on Dickson and Toledo and eventually lead to the dismissal of Toledo...IN MID SEASON.....Something that Tulane said it would NEVER do....

News of Toledo's house being for sale was released on this site and we all know what happened.

The $1200 cost could EASILY be funded by the owners and operators of GOTULA.NEt but the intention was to let all participate and take a piece of the action....not for the dollars involved but for the little piece of satisfaction that may be achieved.

As far as WAVECLEM's question, here is a fan that perhaps has to manage his finances very strictly but yet feels compelled to contribute what he can....of course he may need the money for other things and if returned he would be happy but the fact the HE contributed, is what is being overlooked. If the goal of this is not achieved, so be it......fans must come up with ideas and ways to express their displeasure.....No one has a crystal ball to know what may just trigger another action.

As NOLABigSteve said, if nothing else, it has made the media rounds. Alumi at homecoming games talk and who knows what may be discussed. Call it what you want but IF people are talking about it, that is great......