"FIRE DICKSON" Air Banner

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Wavetrader
Low Tide

Outstanding, Big Steve. Definitely the highlight of an otherwise miserable game. Looks like the Yoggies are keeping it classy (sarcasm intended, yea, you Sophandros). Lets see if the vaunted censors on that board take action against him. If they don't, it tells you all you need to know about them and their private living room! Please let me know if there are future banner campaigns for the Temple game, and yes even on the road at East Carolina. Change is needed as I don't think I can take many more years of this.

"There is winning and there is misery". BP
JTLiuzza
Swell

JTLiuzza wrote:
mbawavefan12 wrote:
JTLiuzza wrote:
waveclem wrote:It appears that we're the bad guys now...
A page or two up in this very thread I posted that the alinskyite response should be expected. Smear, marginalize, red herring it to death (distraction!!! not about YOU!!! unfair to the KIDS!!!) all to impeach the person who holds the opinion instead of dealing with the opinion itself.

For me I say whomever doesn't like it can walk across the street.
Seriously, there has been little to no discussion regarding the merits of RD's tenure, certainly not from the media.
All the crying about the banner and so forth during homecoming makes me think of how many homecoming games I've been to that have been absolute crapfests, not because of what was going on in the sky but because what was going on on the field. And the architects of each stink bomb homecoming (Dickson is one) left the game with big smiles on their faces, patting one another on the back, and then collected their fat paycheck, with no intention of the next homecoming being any different.

Win or lose Saturday I know for me homecoming will have at least one highlight.
This is from Thursday. I feel the same way this evening.

Thanks to all who made the banner happen.
The second commandment has not been abrogated.
waveclem
Surge

Wavetrader wrote:Outstanding, Big Steve. Definitely the highlight of an otherwise miserable game. Looks like the Yoggies are keeping it classy (sarcasm intended, yea, you Sophandros). Lets see if the vaunted censors on that board take action against him. If they don't, it tells you all you need to know about them and their private living room! Please let me know if there are future banner campaigns for the Temple game, and yes even on the road at East Carolina. Change is needed as I don't think I can take many more years of this.
I just read it too. :lol: What a joke that guy is. Funny how he waited to post on a message board "Fuck you" instead of saying it in person. Real tough guy.
Jonathan
Riptide

We need to get rid of Rick Dickson,Conroy and I hate to say this CJ immediately and put multi million dollars in salaries where our mouth is in engaging a top men's basketball coach,football coach and young and aggressive AD. This cannot go on any longer.
Last edited by Jonathan on Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
NOLABigSteve
Tsunami

Sophandros wrote:Well all of the donors spent less on that tacky display than I have spent just for my season tickets this year.

At least, the non-anonymous ones, that is.

The non-anonymous donors are still weak individuals. But at least they put their name on this craven action. Those who chose to remain anonymous are the lowest of the low. They are true female genitals, and if any of them want to discuss this with me, I'll gladly do so. Just grow a pair first.

Oh, and if you're reading this, fuck you, Segari. Both of you.
Keeping it classy I see. :roll: Yep, my name is Stephen Segari. I'm sure you're the type who would stay anonymous.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
wave to em
Surge

the yoggies crack me up man. They want to win but don't want change. They will always be losers. They deserve a to cheer for a losing team. But for my sake, this sh*t needs to change. CJ, you need to fire Eric Price, it's either him or you CJ. President Fitts, you need to fire Rick Dickson. This is a pathetic circus of an athletic dept with no accountability. It is really upsetting when I care more about Tu athletics then the AD does.
#FireDickson #FirePrice
CuJo.
#SickEmWave
MicMan
Swell

It would be a simple matter to email the banner pix to President Fitts, just to drive the point home. No way could he be pleased or cavalier about that happening on his watch, at his first homecoming.
wavefan03
Surge

Banner was great. Guy in front of me laughed and asked who is Dickson.
Fred Dowler
Riptide

wave to em wrote:the yoggies crack me up man. They want to win but don't want change. They will always be losers. They deserve a to cheer for a losing team. But for my sake, this sh*t needs to change. CJ, you need to fire Eric Price, it's either him or you CJ. President Fitts, you need to fire Rick Dickson. This is a pathetic circus of an athletic dept with no accountability. It is really upsetting when I care more about Tu athletics then the AD does.
#FireDickson #FirePrice
The truth.

And this comment on the other forum, as can be seen here, is truly disgusting as well as the height of hypocritical.

Actually, it's not correct to say that they "want to win." They say that they want to win...but in fact it all just stops with the empty talk. Just like so much of the propaganda about many things from the athletics department, to say nothing of Gibson Hall, the new university administration excepted.

The whole core of the issue is not just assistant coaches or athletics directors but has always been and is still that down-deep there's an institutional culture of squeamishness toward really and truly caring about winning above all -- and if you really and truly are a fan who places a priority on winning above all then you're of the "lunatic fringe."

TU sports is not going to begin to move forward until Rick Dickson is sent packing, sure, but not just that. It's also necessary that that whole group of people, the corps of Cowen-Dickson regime believers (which they are even if they now claim that they think Dickson has to go -- up until now their whole reason for existence has been to prop up the regime and defend it from criticism) be taken down a level or three and moved aside from their current position within the TU family so that a new and a dramatically different mindset/conventional wisdom and institutional culture can be allowed to take root in the TU community.

If the anger of people like the poster on the other forum above (who's been a prominent poster there for a long time as well as one of the group of the dozen or so moderators, I'm pretty sure) is now stirred up, well, at least everyone can now see what their true colors are -- which is that they're more concerned with the regime that they've propped up all of these years coming under fire than they are with the football program assuring itself of yet another losing season.
Tulane sports: small football stadium, very small basketball arena, w̶i̶n̶n̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶g̶r̶a̶m̶s̶, h̶o̶n̶e̶s̶t̶y̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶c̶c̶o̶u̶n̶t̶a̶b̶i̶l̶i̶t̶y̶ , but, hey, now there's tailgating.
Fred Dowler
Riptide

While some prominent TU forum posters are using profanities to attack other TU forum posters for supporting an airplane-towed banner with a certain message pertaining to the athletics director after there has been about a decade and a half of mostly mediocre or worse performance of the sports teams it certainly would hardly be surprising, even though LSU has been having tremendous success in recent years compared to what they were enjoying for a long time, to be seeing certain banners being towed in the air over Baton Rouge in the next few days.
Tulane sports: small football stadium, very small basketball arena, w̶i̶n̶n̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶g̶r̶a̶m̶s̶, h̶o̶n̶e̶s̶t̶y̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶c̶c̶o̶u̶n̶t̶a̶b̶i̶l̶i̶t̶y̶ , but, hey, now there's tailgating.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

NOLABigSteve wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:who is the unnamed person who did not wish to meet with "media/blogger' types

http://tulanefootballtalk.blogspot.com/ ... e-sad.html
I'll give you all two guesses who this blog references. Again, I was approached through private message by a member on this forum, and I agreed to help and promote the cause. I know nothing more than his screen name and the email address he used to register with on this forum. The most annoying part has been communicating as a proxy with the media and the banner company. Trust me, it's been a royal pain in the ass. I wish people would get their facts straight. I guess that's all part of it when you control a forum that allows free speech on Tulane Athletics.
That blogger walked out on his team when they went down 31-0. He was followed shortly by RD who was of course literally smiling and laughing as he left the field.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
sader24
Tsunami

I wonder what turned the recruits off more, the banner or the 38-7 a$$ whipping.
msdos
Swell

Fred Dowler wrote:While some prominent TU forum posters are using profanities to attack other TU forum posters for supporting an airplane-towed banner with a certain message pertaining to the athletics director after there has been about a decade and a half of mostly mediocre or worse performance of the sports teams it certainly would hardly be surprising, even though LSU has been having tremendous success in recent years compared to what they were enjoying for a long time, to be seeing certain banners being towed in the air over Baton Rouge in the next few days.
Amazing run on sentence aside, Fred, but sopahndros is a prominent poster? today was the first time I've heard of this douche.
Fred Dowler
Riptide

msdos wrote:
Fred Dowler wrote:While some prominent TU forum posters are using profanities to attack other TU forum posters for supporting an airplane-towed banner with a certain message pertaining to the athletics director after there has been about a decade and a half of mostly mediocre or worse performance of the sports teams it certainly would hardly be surprising, even though LSU has been having tremendous success in recent years compared to what they were enjoying for a long time, to be seeing certain banners being towed in the air over Baton Rouge in the next few days.
Amazing run on sentence aside, Fred, but sophandros is a prominent poster? today was the first time I've heard of this douche.
I'm pretty sure that he's one of the moderators, and, definitely yes, he's been around in their clique for a long time, though, as you say, he hasn't had quite as much to say lately. One of several people involved in the protesting in 2003 who quickly turned around to become big-time administration tail-kissers as soon as it was over and who seems to savor deciding for everyone else what's right and what's wrong. Amazingly, too, with all of the rules of that forum, he's allowed to use profanity when he wants while the ordinary member is not.

My apologies for being wordy but this kind of hypocrisy, false virtue as well as deceit that these people exhibit and Rick Dickson (their hero), as well, is just the very worst.
Wave QB
Swell

sader24 wrote:I wonder what turned the recruits off more, the banner or the 38-7 a$$ whipping.
The ass whipping.
GreenLantern
Riptide

Anyone of the opinion that changes aren't required?

In any company...and throughout life, the moral cadence is set by leadership.
Anyone ever have their kids say "you've got to remind us more frequently to do
our homework"? How about having employees say: "you've got to start asking us
to work on Saturdays and to focus on closing those new accounts while being
tight-fisted with expenses."

Perhaps the people in Wilson occasionally drop by Mr. Dickson's office
and state: "We must be satisfied with no less than championships.
We must not tolerate losing nor even having a losing attitude. Making
a poor showing on homecoming will be a huge disservice to all Tulane fans
and alumni. We will not stand for it nor will we surround ourselves with
others who do!" But I doubt it. Whose job is that, anyway?

Saturday was one of the most miserable games I've ever attended.
nawlinspete
Riptide

wave to em wrote:the yoggies crack me up man. They want to win but don't want change. They will always be losers. They deserve a to cheer for a losing team. But for my sake, this sh*t needs to change. CJ, you need to fire Eric Price, it's either him or you CJ. President Fitts, you need to fire Rick Dickson. This is a pathetic circus of an athletic dept with no accountability. It is really upsetting when I care more about Tu athletics then the AD does.
#FireDickson #FirePrice
So correct; it is deplorable that we have an AD who does not feel the least bit invested in SUCCESS.

One modification to your challenge: CJ and the Prices need to be fired. CJ is totally in over his head and his love of poor play (don't worry Tanner, I still love you) without consequences makes him as bad, or worse, than Ricky.
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
Jonathan
Riptide

Long time poster on the Yoggie site Sophandros also posted " Segari and his son are trash". Very sick individuals on that site and with the fu-k you no one on the site has called him out or were his posts deleted for vulgar language by site owner JTS in Atlanta. Who is this guy?
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

#FireDickson #FirePrice
every "yogie" must have had a "frontal lobotomy" performed by nurse "rachet" ... just ask Jack Nicholson how that worked out !!!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
TURVS71
Swell

The only comment I will have about an individual, with his misdirected anger, that would post such vile words, is this:
We are long time, loyal supporters of Tulane Athletics. Our support has been through $ and attendance, not to mention one has a degree and was a member of the football team. That being said, and I speak for myself only, I make no apologies for the passion expressed. I know I raised a great son that has faced the toughest things that life has to give and has retained his great and tough character! No question about it! We are entitled to our opinions and thoughts on matters and have NEVER or WILL NEVER result to such comments. I find it odd that we are called "trash" yet this person behaves in such a vile manner. A forum or a person that operates such a forum that would allow this, contrary to all of his preachings, well, it's just sad. If you don't agree with things, be a man and say so....but I would hope that your vocabulary is much bigger than it appears.

I will put my faith in my family and friends and those that know me, know my Tulane passion. We don't just talk! We participate.

So to this person, if you can look in the mirror and are satisfied with what you see, then so be it. All I can see is that your behavior is something certainly not not becoming of a rational individual. I would hope that the other members of your forum would not be happy, and maybe a bit embarassed by your behavior.
'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
wavemania
Surge

My guess is he is "with Mary" and is really pi$$ed she will lose the runoff. :P
It is funny how they don't like when someone attacks one of theirs, but it is OK to attack others.
JTLiuzza
Swell

TURVS71 wrote:The only comment I will have about an individual, with his misdirected anger, that would post such vile words, is this:
We are long time, loyal supporters of Tulane Athletics. Our support has been through $ and attendance, not to mention one has a degree and was a member of the football team. That being said, and I speak for myself only, I make no apologies for the passion expressed. I know I raised a great son that has faced the toughest things that life has to give and has retained his great and tough character! No question about it! We are entitled to our opinions and thoughts on matters and have NEVER or WILL NEVER result to such comments. I find it odd that we are called "trash" yet this person behaves in such a vile manner. A forum or a person that operates such a forum that would allow this, contrary to all of his preachings, well, it's just sad. If you don't agree with things, be a man and say so....but I would hope that your vocabulary is much bigger than it appears.

I will put my faith in my family and friends and those that know me, know my Tulane passion. We don't just talk! We participate.

So to this person, if you can look in the mirror and are satisfied with what you see, then so be it. All I can see is that your behavior is something certainly not not becoming of a rational individual. I would hope that the other members of your forum would not be happy, and maybe a bit embarassed by your behavior.
I don't go to that site. Nothing of value there. The guy you are speaking of I met once. A stiff wind could blow him over. The screen name he uses is a clumsy attempt at the Greek 'sofos anthropos', which means "wise man." Seems to me real wisdom doesn't quite jibe with vulgarity and anonymous insults, but self proclaimed wisdom certainly does. Tells you all you need to know. I wouldn't give it another thought. Thanks to you and Steve for this site.
The second commandment has not been abrogated.
greenphantom
Swell

+1. His anger is certainly misdirected. No sense wasting time on an ignorant yoggie poster.
Dave breslin
Swell

I went to that other Web site. The one that censorship is the main forum. There is not a set of gonadotropin in that whole bunch of pencil necked geeks. I don't think anyone of them ever played a competitive sport and where teased a lot .
sader24
Tsunami

What amazes me is that literally every fan who is on either message board wants Dickson gone, every fan I talk to in the stands wants Dickson gone, every fan I know who is in a Booster Club wants Dickson gone, and I know several media members on 2 different local stations who can't stand him. I have yet to speak to personally anyone who wants Dickson here. However, none of them have the guts to step up and say how they feel when put on the spot. Those that do are mocked, ridiculed, and called names. I've been a Tulane fan my entire life and this week I've really developed a strong dislike for our fanbase because of how hypocritical and soft they are. I'm not speaking about the fans on this forum who are some of the few who are willing to do what it takes to follow and support a strong Athletic Department, but the vast majority of Tulane fans are ignorant, hypocritical, and weak. We get the Athletic Department we deserve and YOGWF is front and center. They are going to call someone trash who 1) graduated from Tulane 2) Played football there 3) started a Tulane fan forum 4) had the balls to put his name out there when he criticized Dickson while all of them criticize anonymously. As of right now, TCU is in the 4 team playoff for the National Championship in college football. We beat them 10 years ago and were ahead of them as a program in 1998. The leadership of this Athletic Department has led us into the college football graveyard. If we had a President and Athletic Director for the last 15 years that were competent and had vision we'd be in the Big 12 or the ACC and we'd have 40,000 people at every game. If you want change you have to demand it and this fanbase for whatever reason is afraid to do that except the people on this site. Sophandros probably spent his younger years in the glee club.