"FIRE DICKSON" Air Banner

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
dz1
Ripple

golfnut69 wrote:
dz1 wrote:With LSU being on the road and nice attendance expected my guess is this will be a big weekend for recruits and parents to attend the game. In no way do I see this playing out well with them. As a parent I would be turned off greatly by a fan base that would even consider doing this. This will not be viewed well at all.

I, as a Parent would not be "turned off" ... I would be impressed, based on the performances/results of the Coach's hired, there are Fans who actually care about success and demanding change. I ask a question... U are a shareholder in a major Corporation, the Company has been in a prolonged period of "down turn'. You have an opportunity to speak at the next Shareholder meeting... do you not ask hard questions ? Demand change for your investment ? .. If not, I hope you work for my competition !!!!... Homecoming is the Shareholders Meeting for us, this is our opportunity to voice an opinion that CAN and WILL be heard.. that CHANGE is needed and that the SHAREHOLDERS CARE about the University they love... and FYI..many of us on this forum never attended a class at Tulane, but care more about it than those that did !!!!

RELEASE THE HOUNDS...AND ALL BANNERS AND T SHIRTS
I certainly agree with speaking up at a shareholders meeting but would you as a shareholder see benefit in holding up signs bashing management during visits by potentially strong new hires?

winwave
Top of the WAVE

The games are our shareholder meetings.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

dz1 wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
dz1 wrote:With LSU being on the road and nice attendance expected my guess is this will be a big weekend for recruits and parents to attend the game. In no way do I see this playing out well with them. As a parent I would be turned off greatly by a fan base that would even consider doing this. This will not be viewed well at all.

I, as a Parent would not be "turned off" ... I would be impressed, based on the performances/results of the Coach's hired, there are Fans who actually care about success and demanding change. I ask a question... U are a shareholder in a major Corporation, the Company has been in a prolonged period of "down turn'. You have an opportunity to speak at the next Shareholder meeting... do you not ask hard questions ? Demand change for your investment ? .. If not, I hope you work for my competition !!!!... Homecoming is the Shareholders Meeting for us, this is our opportunity to voice an opinion that CAN and WILL be heard.. that CHANGE is needed and that the SHAREHOLDERS CARE about the University they love... and FYI..many of us on this forum never attended a class at Tulane, but care more about it than those that did !!!!

I certainly agree with speaking up at a shareholders meeting but would you as a shareholder see benefit in holding up signs bashing management during visits by potentially strong new hires?
This is f*cking silly logic. If I were a potentially new strong hire and the existing management had the worst track record in business I would be encouraged by shareholders refusing to accept the status quo.

The idea that the banner affects recruiting more than 15 years of losing football and empty stadiums and arenas is b@t$hit insane.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

dz1 wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:

If there was an outdoor meeting with 25k Pimco shareholders and someone had a plane with a banner saying the ceo was paid $290mm despite performing poorly relative to our peers, the benefit would far outweigh the costs because shareholders would start to take a closer look and openly discuss the merits of the firing request. Not to mention an outsider probably thinks the banner cost a fortune of their disposable income and would be impressed that their are people who care. Thats important imo. In short the banner is a statement that there r people willing to commit their own money to make sure we r big time.
Jonathan
Riptide

Looking forward to seeing telephoto lens videos and photographs of banner and plane posted on this site. roll wave beat Memphis! Let us fire or retire management i.e. Rick Dickson when he has poorly performed these many years with terrible hires in football and men's basketball coaches and put in new younger better management now!
batonvert
Ripple

I am not a RD fan by any means. I hope this is only a threat of flying a banner. The mission is accomplished. You got the local news to cover the story and raise some $. Flying the banner is wreckless and a waste of resources. There are many other ways to use the funds than a few flyovers.
This is a historical event and I don't want it tarnished by some idiots' wet dreams.
greenphantom
Swell

batonvert wrote:I am not a RD fan by any means. I hope this is only a threat of flying a banner. The mission is accomplished. You got the local news to cover the story and raise some $. Flying the banner is wreckless and a waste of resources. There are many other ways to use the funds than a few flyovers.
This is a historical event and I don't want it tarnished by some idiots' wet dreams.
Actually I think the banner was an absolute steal for $1,200. Plus, it's their resources, not yours, so who are you tell people what to do with their own money. The only thing that will tarnish homecoming today is if the team lays an egg like they did against Cincy. Roll Wave!!!
RobertM320
Green Wave

ESPN covers all our games now. Any chance we can alert them in advance about it? Who knows? Given what happened at Michigan, they may just make a mention of it. Maybe someone on campus really early could find the ESPN truck and give them a heads up?
Show Me
Tsunami

batonvert wrote:I am not a RD fan by any means. I hope this is only a threat of flying a banner. The mission is accomplished. You got the local news to cover the story and raise some $. Flying the banner is wreckless and a waste of resources. There are many other ways to use the funds than a few flyovers.
Nobody is a Dickson fan and that is the point. Perhaps you would have supported a sign that read "Retire Dickson"? We all know Dickson is not getting fired. The point of the flyover is to bring awareness to Tulane supporters around the country that we are sick and tired of this athletic dept failed leadership and we are no longer going to sit idol and let it be tolerated. The program in 1998 was a top 7 program far ahead of the TCU's, Baylor's etc. this administration has done nothing but play catchup for the last 15 years. Do you really believe Rick Dickson is interested in bringing national championships to Tulane? He's tarnished every Tulane fans wet dream over those 15 years. We can't afford him to let him stay around as long as he pleases.
Show Me I'm wrong.
batonvert
Ripple

greenphantom wrote:
Actually I think the banner was an absolute steal for $1,200. Plus, it's their resources, not yours, so who are you tell people what to do with their own money. The only thing that will tarnish homecoming today is if the team lays an egg like they did against Cincy. Roll Wave!!!
When their little boy immature decisions affect my experience, you/they must listen to my opinions. I don't give a f$$$ what they do with the money, just don't p$ss me off with their circle jerk!
Show Me
Tsunami

batonvert wrote:
greenphantom wrote:
When their little boy immature decisions affect my experience, you/they must listen to my opinions. I don't give a f$$$ what they do with the money, just don't p$ss me off with their circle jerk!
So Dickson's decisions over the last 15 years didn't affect your experiences?
RobertM320
Green Wave

batonvert wrote:
greenphantom wrote:
pretty sad, batonvert, if your experience will be affected by their decisions. If you really feel that way, why aren't you more pissed about the "decisions" made over the last 15 years by SC and RD that "affected your experience" every time a Green Wave team got blown out a stadium with another humiliating loss? Where was your "outrage" then? Your LACK of speaking out, along with others, over the last 15 years is effectively what brought about the need for this banner. Seems like the banner is the result of your own silence.
greenphantom
Swell

batonvert wrote:
greenphantom wrote:
Same can be said of the banner and those who support it. RD's poor decisions have negatively affected a lot of people's experience of Tulane athletics so they are voicing their opinion. Thank God for clear weather today. Roll Wave and Fire Dickson!!!
RobertM320
Green Wave

LOL, ShowMe. You beat me to the same point!
GreenLantern
Riptide

In case you didn't read the Memphis score predictions, here's I imagine this will play out:

Memphis controls the game throughout the entire fourth quarter. They have
the ball and are driving for the winning score at the Tulane 3 yard line with only
7 seconds to play. Memphis' Paxton Lynch takes the snap, and spots a wide-open Tevin Jones
in the corner of the end zone. Lynch sets up to throw...but is momentarily distracted by a plane
flying overhead pulling some sort of banner. Tulane's Royce LaFrance seizes the moment, seizes
the quarterback for a sack and causes a fumble. Time expires.
Tulane Wins! Tulane Wins! Tulane Wins!

Tulane 24
Memphis 21
batonvert
Ripple

Show Me wrote:
Nobody is a Dickson fan and that is the point. Perhaps you would have supported a sign that read "Retire Dickson"? We all know Dickson is not getting fired. The point of the flyover is to bring awareness to Tulane supporters around the country that we are sick and tired of this athletic dept failed leadership and we are no longer going to sit idol and let it be tolerated. The program in 1998 was a top 7 program far ahead of the TCU's, Baylor's etc. this administration has done nothing but play catchup for the last 15 years. Do you really believe Rick Dickson is interested in bringing national championships to Tulane? He's tarnished every Tulane fans wet dream over those 15 years. We can't afford him to let him stay around as long as he pleases.
Show Me I'm wrong.
I'm not going to get into the debacle of hiring Scelfo or the fact that RD was hired after the fact. I was at the Wilson Center demanding answers after the baseball lighting fiasco calling for his job. I'm not defending slick rick, I want him gone as much as anyone else on this site. I just want to enjoy the first homecoming game on campus in my lifetime and remenist in the victory.
Also, if someone calls themselves a Tulane fan they already know the misery RD has bestowed on us.
ROLL WAVE!!!!
DaveBrownStreak
High Tide

Quote for today:

"Action solves problems. Apathy perpetuates those problems!"

VFR rules are in effect for today!

Roll Wave Roll --- Beat Memphis!!
Last edited by DaveBrownStreak on Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
DaveBrownStreak
High Tide

FYI, for those of you that do tweet:

Tweet. @ESPNU About today's events.
GreenLantern
Riptide

To those who have expressed dismay at the small contribution a few of us made
to purchase the flyover time, let me ask this:

Would you rather an equivalent amount had been donated to the Tulane
general fund where it could have helped defray the cost of Scott Cowen's
$940K annual sabbatical?
DaveBrownStreak
High Tide

GreenLantern wrote:To those who have expressed dismay at the small contribution a few of us made
to purchase the flyover time, let me ask this:

Would you rather an equivalent amount had been donated to the Tulane
general fund where it could have helped defray the cost of Scott Cowen's
$940K annual sabbatical?

$1200 is a BARGAIN for the publicity this has generated. Whether people are for it or against it, it can not be denied that it has spread like wildfire.....
ccap05
Surge

My purpose in contributing my 100 bucks was to get people outside of this forum talking about hurrying up RDs retirement. This purpose has already been achieved. The latest SB Nation Underdog Dynasty blog about Tulane states the following:

Also, according to the Times Picayune, some Tulane fans are mad at Athletic Director Rick Dickson and could rent a plane trailing a "Fire Dickson" message. Not sure that has any bearing on the game, but you'll sound smart when you tell friends about it at the tailgate.

http://www.underdogdynasty.com/2014/11/ ... n-athletic
cajunfanatico
Swell

ccap05 wrote:My purpose in contributing my 100 bucks was to get people outside of this forum talking about hurrying up RDs retirement. This purpose has already been achieved. The latest SB Nation Underdog Dynasty blog about Tulane states the following:

Also, according to the Times Picayune, some Tulane fans are mad at Athletic Director Rick Dickson and could rent a plane trailing a "Fire Dickson" message. Not sure that has any bearing on the game, but you'll sound smart when you tell friends about it at the tailgate.

http://www.underdogdynasty.com/2014/11/ ... n-athletic
The best $1200 ever spent.
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
DaveBrownStreak
High Tide

To those involved in today's events, all of us need to be civil in our actions. Our statement has been/is being made and our actions watched.

We are all Green Wave diehards and just want the best. We want to be a part of a great athletic department. We want to feel like our concerns are addressed and that we are treated like the financial supporters we are.

Enjoy the experiences of homecoming and be a good fan!

I don't mean to preach, but, WE ARE TULANE!!
nawlinspete
Riptide

DaveBrownStreak wrote:To those involved in today's events, all of us need to be civil in our actions. Our statement has been/is being made and our actions watched.

We are all Green Wave diehards and just want the best. We want to be a part of a great athletic department. We want to feel like our concerns are addressed and that we are treated like the financial supporters we are.

Enjoy the experiences of homecoming and be a good fan!

I don't mean to preach, but, WE ARE TULANE!!
But, with your opportunity to speak freely with Scott Kushner,why did you provoke ridicule by refusing to take credit for THIS ?
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
nawlinspete
Riptide

Show Me wrote:
Show Me I'm wrong.

Extremely well said, ShowMe. It is a shame the organizer of the EFFORT diverted attention away from the EFFORT by yellow streaking.
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .