"FIRE DICKSON" Air Banner

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

golfnut69 wrote:Steve.. I wonder if we may be better off spending the money on "flagship" Tulane radio station or on the sportsnola web site
or better yet.. 1200.00 of T shirts "Fire Dickson" to be worn at the game

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Bigschtick
Riptide

A banner over Yulman will reach far more people than T-shirts and
an ad on SportsNola. The big question, are there 12 people who are going to put in 100??
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
nawlinspete
Riptide

tpstulane wrote:How about we fly a kite instead. Lol.
Flying banner no more effective than flying kite.

Effective: Walking out half way through 1st Quarter with option to walk back in at start of 2nd Quarter. Would be seen repeatedly locally and nationally for days and would always be instantly available to any and all media to keep up the pressure on President Fitts to fire and on SlimyRicky to quit.
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
ccap05
Surge

I am cautiously optimistic that improvements are being made. The new OCS is an improvement. CJ is an improvement. The AAC is an improvement. The new baseball coach was a good pick. The talent level on the football team is an improvement. I will continue to support Tulane, encourage attendance, etc.

However, I think that RD has squandered way too many opportunities and that the improvements do not reflect what the potential was/is. I encourage our new Prez to strongly consider getting rid of RD at the first opportune time. No need for a public firing- give him a gold watch, pat him on the back, and quietly note that he has retired.

I think the banner idea is a good one as far as getting a discussion going in the world outside of this forum. I just made my 100 dollar contribution. If enough money is not raised to fly the banner then I suggest using the donated money to take out an full page add in the Hullabaloo. This will not reach the broader community but it may 1) force the Student Press to question whether RD's time has passed and 2) force our new Pres to respond to the Student Press's questions.
nawlinspete
Riptide

NOLABigSteve wrote:What those idiots don't realize is that we got them talking about how bad Dickson is, and how he really needs to go. So what if we fly a banner next Saturday or not. We now have the discussion rolling, and that is the bigger goal. WaveProf is too much of an idiot to see that. I think it's funny he bashes us, yet he reads most everything posted here. Keep the discussion going. And Curt, that was a great question. Yes, the money would be refunded.

http://www.yogwf.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=44251
Pour fuel on the fire, MARCH OUT. Do not be a Ricky/Dick and say because it will be difficult to accomplish it cannot be achieved (as in cancel Georgia Tech Series because it is going to be difficult timeline).
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Hey WaveProf, I am the GoTULA tweeter. My name is Stephen Segari, I run this site, and I'm sure you can figure out how to contact me. I will gladly meet you next weekend face to face where you can tell me how you feel about this campaign, and any other actions supported by myself, and not necessarily everyone of GoTULA. I'm sure you won't.

If you don't like what some of us do here, fine. You joined, made one post, then took your ball and went back home to tow the party line over at YOGWF. If you don't like what you read here, why start a thread over there about us? Obsess much? But, I thank you for driving more traffic to the site, and to this particular, and not yet finalized, plan of action.

Again, it's not about the possible plane fly over. It's about starting discussion and trying to get the ball rolling. But, you won't mention any of that in your next rant. You'll just make fun of the 5 contributors in this "grassroots" effort. Why don't you do yourself and your family a favor, and get off of the computer for a bit? Go take a walk. Go enjoy the day. Go watch the Saints. Your constant reloading of your web browser of this site isn't doing you or your argument any good.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
Bigschtick
Riptide

Why waste your breath, Steve. This guy is the biggest kool aide drinker
on yoggie.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
Show Me
Tsunami

Looks like Ricky Dick plans on staying for awhile at least 2020.
http://www.nola.com/tulane/index.ssf/20 ... 017-2.html
MicMan
Swell

Nothing wrong with the banner. No different than complaining on a board. As with advertising and other propaganda, say something often enough and people will believe it (especially if it's true). The athletic department is now a $100 million enterprise. It should be run that way.
waveprof
Ripple

Steve--- 1)for the record I rarely read this site and did not realize this all started here when I made my op I had to re activate my password just now to post this. 2) check your pm
waveclem
Surge

Waveprof, you and your clan of followers claim to be classy individuals yet yall personally call me an assclown without even knowing me. I'm not remaining anonymous, you all know my name. It's hilarious that you all rag on people trying to invoke change yet you do nothing but bitch. You are what yoy are I guess.
waveprof
Ripple

Waveclem--- I mostly just came to respond to Steve but because of the way JonnyMac specifically called you that word, I will respond by saying this: I did not call you that name, nor do I condone him callung you that name, and I apologize if my bouncing off his post to comment back at the overall banner fund seemed like implicit endorsement of what he called you. I've said a lot (maybe too much) about the overall issue, but I would never call you an "asshat" for asking a fair question nor even for making this donation.
waveclem
Surge

Appreciate your response, thank you.
DrBox
Riptide

jonathanjoseph wrote: That's far oversimplified. "They" are those trusted with guarding Tulane University's best interests. "They" have double and triple and quadrupled down on failed policies and failed leaders, resulting in substantial damage to the university and athletic program. "They" put money into a strategy that would make the program self-sustaining, not successful, which is an unforgivable and beyond inappropriate stance. Not only should "they" be publicly embarrassed for their repeated (and repeated and repeated) failures, but "we" should pursue any and all legal recourse in holding them accountable since they have enriched themselves at our expense.

They aren't doing charitable work. They've made a lot of money ruining our university.
This is all ridiculous.
The problem is Dickson (at least this effort, unlike you, has the problem pinpointed). What we need are coaches who will do their jobs. The AD refuses to hold them accountable and often rewards them for not doing their job.
I just think this is a bad idea that has chances of backfiring.
JTLiuzza
Swell

DrBox wrote:
jonathanjoseph wrote: That's far oversimplified. "They" are those trusted with guarding Tulane University's best interests. "They" have double and triple and quadrupled down on failed policies and failed leaders, resulting in substantial damage to the university and athletic program. "They" put money into a strategy that would make the program self-sustaining, not successful, which is an unforgivable and beyond inappropriate stance. Not only should "they" be publicly embarrassed for their repeated (and repeated and repeated) failures, but "we" should pursue any and all legal recourse in holding them accountable since they have enriched themselves at our expense.

They aren't doing charitable work. They've made a lot of money ruining our university.
This is all ridiculous.
The problem is Dickson (at least this effort, unlike you, has the problem pinpointed). What we need are coaches who will do their jobs. The AD refuses to hold them accountable and often rewards them for not doing their job.
How would backfiring manifest itself? I'm asking.
The second commandment has not been abrogated.
DaveBrownStreak
High Tide

All that was asked for was donations, not opinions. How did this turn into a debate?
If you don't want to contribute, that's fine. Opportunities for opinions on matters are plentiful. Pick a thread! :roll: :roll: :roll:
DrBox
Riptide

DaveBrownStreak wrote:All that was asked for was donations, not opinions. How did this turn into a debate?
If you don't want to contribute, that's fine. Opportunities for opinions on matters are plentiful. Pick a thread! :roll: :roll: :roll:
Fair enough.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

Let me get this straight. Someone came to this forum, took issue with someone's post and then went to a different forum to criticize that poster where the poster in question is not allowed to respond. Gotcha. :roll:
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

DrBox wrote:

This is all ridiculous.
And who is it that refuses to hold the AD accountable? Is it an accident that Dickson has lifetime employment? That he just got a promotion?

What would be the definition of backfiring? Would Dickson remain employed and the Tulane Model continue? Oh yeah, that's what we already have.

It's not the best course of action, but it's better than nothing and it is absolutely "appropriate".
DaveBrownStreak
High Tide

jonathanjoseph wrote:Let me get this straight. Someone came to this forum, took issue with someone's post and then went to a different forum to criticize that poster where the poster in question is not allowed to respond. Gotcha. :roll:
My post SAID that I was trying to keep this thread for donations only. It also said that we have plenty of other threads to complain, reply, etc.

Please read first and absorb what is written...
nawlinspete
Riptide

Forget the banner; save your cash for next year's tickets.

Instead walk out half way through the First Quarter. Spread the word. Let Tulane know that THOUSANDS object to Ricky's further employment, not a score or scores objecting.
capwave
High Tide

Whether you are for or against the banner, those people on the other forum are truly ridiculous. Most say, Dickson needs to go and that he is not only currently holding us back, but that he has done his best to minimize Tulane athletics over his tenure as AD. Yet none of them are willing to do anything to promote change. Status quo is just fine. That is pathetic!
Last edited by capwave on Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

jonathanjoseph wrote:Let me get this straight. Someone came to this forum, took issue with someone's post and then went to a different forum to criticize that poster where the poster in question is not allowed to respond. Gotcha. :roll:
Bingo
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
winwave
Top of the WAVE

NOLABigSteve wrote:What those idiots don't realize is that we got them talking about how bad Dickson is, and how he really needs to go. So what if we fly a banner next Saturday or not. We now have the discussion rolling, and that is the bigger goal. WaveProf is too much of an idiot to see that. I think it's funny he bashes us, yet he reads most everything posted here. Keep the discussion going. And Curt, that was a great question. Yes, the money would be refunded.

http://www.yogwf.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=44251
Steve once again you are to be commended for taking the time to start a great site where all can participate. This site got a bad coach fired. Hopefully we can now get rid of this completely incompetent AD. Think of the power of this site. The poster that started this thread was once one who tried to stifle conversation here. Now he realizes what a great site this is. Keep up the good work Steve. Tulane needs you.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

NOLABigSteve wrote:
Bingo
Seriously, the hypocrisy is disgusting regardless of what pov u support. We have people making attacks on a site that restricts one from responding from said attack. Personally, i would be embarrassed to be any part of that operation. Things can get absurd on this site but they don't get banned or deleted. I can't believe that so many of the great TU fans tolerate the nonsense that occurs.
I will give some cash to this little project, in the end it can't hurt. Might even open up some uninformed eyes. If anyone thinks RD has been an overall positive, then i'd question their sanity and/or bias.