"FIRE DICKSON" Air Banner

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Spot on! I'm still laughing at this one!

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Show Me
Tsunami

Academy Award stuff there!
JerseyWave
Riptide

Was JTS sitting at the table?
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

The walk out discussion was priceless.
Dave breslin
Swell

Bravo! Academy award here we come! Does anyone know if dingle berry Dickson has seen this?
DaveBrownStreak
High Tide

Thanks to all that contributed to this effort and also for the support of all, especially to one individual and you know who you are. We were able to fly over Yulman BECAUSE the OFFICIAL seating capacity is LESS THAN 30,000. FAA guidelines prohibit overflights of venues of 30,000 seating capacity or greater. (Straight from the mouth of the FAA) So THAT should finally put an end to the "official" seating capacity question. Others can say what they want and keep complaining and accept the status quo. If you don't voice your displeasure, CIVALLY, then you should accept what you get. All we fans can do is make our voices heard and keep plugging. Protesting in this manner does not mean you are any less of a fan or supporter. In fact, just the opposite. Some will just give up and stop contributing or attending events and that is their perrogative. Others will try and get things changed! By the way, you will NEVER hear vulgar attacks on this matter. We will just continue to keep Dicksons record at Tulane in the forefront until his days as the TU AD are over.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

send it to the Hullabaloo newspaper
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
nawlinspete
Riptide

mbawavefan12 wrote:The walk out discussion was priceless.
I agree; let's make it happen vs Temple and at the Conroy Comedy Hours.
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
winwave
Top of the WAVE

It's hard to have a walk out when no one is there in the first place. :mrgreen:
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
nawlinspete
Riptide

winwave wrote:It's hard to have a walk out when no one is there in the first place. :mrgreen:

3100 empty seats will make the walkout even better. As will WINNING MATTERS FIRE DICKSON T Shirts draped over empty seats.
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
winwave
Top of the WAVE

I was talking about the football game on 12-6.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

nawlinspete wrote:
Um, I am so sure you understood the context. May want to take another look.
GreenGears
Low Tide

Awesome video work. Now can someone go post it on the censured board? lol
nawlinspete
Riptide

mbawavefan12 wrote:
nawlinspete wrote:
Um, I am so sure you understood the context. May want to take another look.
Meant as sarcasm, taken as compliment. Fully understand. Because an idea is unpopular and denigrated it is not wrong.
Fred Dowler
Riptide

DaveBrownStreak wrote:Thanks to all that contributed to this effort and also for the support of all, especially to one individual and you know who you are. We were able to fly over Yulman BECAUSE the OFFICIAL seating capacity is LESS THAN 30,000. FAA guidelines prohibit overflights of venues of 30,000 seating capacity or greater. (Straight from the mouth of the FAA) So THAT should finally put an end to the "official" seating capacity question.
That sounds pretty dispositive to me.

I wonder what Green Wave has to say to that.

BTW though, from what was posted on Twitter it does sound like the TU admin. made an attempt to essentially block the flight, leading to this apparent response (from the FAA) of "well, no, since your stadium capacity is less than 30,000, we can't grant that...."

Talk about thin-skinned (as well now fully revealed, as if there was ever much doubt, to be a bald-faced liar).
Tulane sports: small football stadium, very small basketball arena, w̶i̶n̶n̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶g̶r̶a̶m̶s̶, h̶o̶n̶e̶s̶t̶y̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶c̶c̶o̶u̶n̶t̶a̶b̶i̶l̶i̶t̶y̶ , but, hey, now there's tailgating.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

Fred Dowler wrote:
DaveBrownStreak wrote:Thanks to all that contributed to this effort and also for the support of all, especially to one individual and you know who you are. We were able to fly over Yulman BECAUSE the OFFICIAL seating capacity is LESS THAN 30,000. FAA guidelines prohibit overflights of venues of 30,000 seating capacity or greater. (Straight from the mouth of the FAA) So THAT should finally put an end to the "official" seating capacity question.
That sounds pretty dispositive to me.

I wonder what Green Wave has to say to that.

BTW though, from what was posted on Twitter it does sound like the TU admin. made an attempt to essentially block the flight, leading to this apparent response (from the FAA) of "well, no, since your stadium capacity is less than 30,000, we can't grant that...."

Talk about thin-skinned (as well now fully revealed, as if there was ever much doubt, to be a bald-faced liar).
That Tulane University is going to non-trivial ends to block the efforts of this forum is further evidence that this forum is far more powerful than it collectively realizes.

Every time people want to do something, they quickly revert to the 100 year old methodologies (newspaper ads, banner tows, etc).
Jonathan
Riptide

Most on the Yoggie site are from out of town like its owner JTS. Most do not attend Tulane games,purchase tickets or give to the TAF.
wave97
Swell

Guerrilla posting along the lines of this:
JTLiuzza
Swell

Fred Dowler wrote:BTW though, from what was posted on Twitter it does sound like the TU admin. made an attempt to essentially block the flight, leading to this apparent response (from the FAA) of "well, no, since your stadium capacity is less than 30,000, we can't grant that...."

I hope that's not the last time that the size of that stadium, and their incessant lies about it, comes back to bite them in the arse.

The culture of lying at Tulane is apparently pervasive. It's easy for anyone to see, board members included. What are we to think about an institution that not only allows that to go on unchecked but applauds those that do it?
The second commandment has not been abrogated.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

JTLiuzza wrote:
Fred Dowler wrote:BTW though, from what was posted on Twitter it does sound like the TU admin. made an attempt to essentially block the flight, leading to this apparent response (from the FAA) of "well, no, since your stadium capacity is less than 30,000, we can't grant that...."

I hope that's not the last time that the size of that stadium, and their incessant lies about it, comes back to bite them in the arse.

The culture of lying at Tulane is apparently pervasive. It's easy for anyone to see, board members included. What are we to think about an institution that not only allows that to go on unchecked but applauds those that do it?
We are supposed to think that Board members are violating their fiduciary duties.
Fred Dowler
Riptide

JTLiuzza wrote:

There does seem to be an organizational culture of spin, double-talk, embellishment, smoke-and-mirrors, evasiveness, secrecy and indeed lying. Plus, it also appears that they were trying to block the aforementioned banner tow from going up and being able to fly over the stadium, i.e. vindictively curtail the ability of stakeholders to exercise their right to speak.

It would be one thing if the story were just the snafus, questionable coaching hires, etc. being made by someone whose heart you know is in the right place. When there's all this deceit, deception and trickery (like T. Bowden used to say), though, it's a whole other story altogether.
Tulane sports: small football stadium, very small basketball arena, w̶i̶n̶n̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶g̶r̶a̶m̶s̶, h̶o̶n̶e̶s̶t̶y̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶c̶c̶o̶u̶n̶t̶a̶b̶i̶l̶i̶t̶y̶ , but, hey, now there's tailgating.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

Fred Dowler wrote:
JTLiuzza wrote:

There does seem to be an organizational culture of spin, double-talk, embellishment, smoke-and-mirrors, evasiveness, secrecy and indeed lying. Plus, it also appears that they were trying to block the aforementioned banner tow from going up and being able to fly over the stadium, i.e. vindictively curtail the ability of stakeholders to exercise their right to speak.

It would be one thing if the story were just the snafus, questionable coaching hires, etc. being made by someone whose heart you know is in the right place. When there's all this deceit, deception and trickery (like T. Bowden used to say), though, it's a whole other story altogether.
Right. This is beyond a disagreement. Dickson's continued employment is probably both immoral and illegal.
Fred Dowler
Riptide

jonathanjoseph wrote:
Fred Dowler wrote:
JTLiuzza wrote:

Right. This is beyond a disagreement. Dickson's continued employment is probably both immoral and illegal.
And, think about it, TU always looking to stress how "doing it the right way..." and so on and that's how many, if not most, in the TU community seem to like view things, as in "we are the good guys while it's LSU and Bama and the others who are the bad apples in college sports...." And yet look how TU cares to treat and communicate to the alumni and other stakeholders.
waveprof
Ripple

Jonathan wrote: I understand Wave Prof is not a tenured prof at Tulane but maybe an adjunct one i.e.. one part time hired under a short term contract at Nichols State or that ilk.
I just found this and thought it would be polite to answer for full disclosure. I was never an adjunct at any school (other than some extra work while in graduate school). I was hired as full-time, temporary faculty at Tulane after Katrina, with a maximum five year contract. When I was hired, another department on campus hired my wife as an adjunct as she finished her graduate degree. During the three years I was at Tulane, my wife finished her degree and went on the open job market. Tulane countered (to keep her) and offered her a permanent gig......at the same time that I was offered a tenure track job at Nicholls. We took both offers because it isn't easy for academic couples to get permanent jobs an hour apart, and because it allowed us to stay in New Orleans (she is originally from here, and we both really like it here). I was very open about this on my own board and am not trying to pretend to be anything I am not. I already had my handle (waveprof) long before I took the other job, and I have never tried to hide the fact that I am no longer associated with Tulane. JDTulane is a former student of mine and can vouch for all of this I believe if you should question it.

I'm sorry I just now found this (I rarely come to this board) and I'm not trying to re-open any arguments that I'm not particularly interested in engaging in. But I did think it polite to at least give you full disclosure.
Last edited by waveprof on Sun Dec 28, 2014 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MicMan
Swell

"tenure tract"

Sounds about like a Nicholls-level academician.