Practice fight discipline........

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
JerseyWave
Riptide

Best coaching move by CJ all year. It's a national story. They were talking about on WFAN in New York this morning.
Bigschtick
Riptide

Now we are talking! Thats some real discipline.
That said, more fodder for us to be a national laughing stock.
Way to go Johnson.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
MicMan
Swell

Maybe CJ should be forced to hold hands with the Game Management 101 textbook.
Jaxwave
Swell

So two guys practicing with passion get embarassed nationally. That should go over well in the locker room. At some point the players will stop taking him seriously as their Head Coach.

His hiring was a joke, his coaching is a joke, his offensive coaching hires have been a joke, his disciplinary methods are a joke, his contract is a joke, his special teams are a joke, his press conferences include many jokes. Other than upgrading the talent somewhat I don't see much to like. But I didn't expect much based on his resume.

To be fair, let me add he is a good role model as a man. He deserves big kudos for that.
Greenanyway
Ripple

Exactly correct jax!

Those who think, based upon present circumstances, that we must endure this total incompetency for a year, or years into the future, have been well conditioned to accept the "practical" TU approach to a slow death. Nothing short of two changes (AD / HC) at the end of this season will yield positive results.

Consider the scenarios that have been offered up.
- Offensive assistant change - What coach in their right mind would take that position?
- Head coach change - What coach in their right mind would take that position?
- AD / HC change - Only scenario that would indicate real (radical) change at TU, and at this stage, only radical change will be meaningful. Anything short of this will be further validation that we are done!
GreenLantern
Riptide

Jaxwave wrote:So two guys practicing with passion get embarassed nationally. That should go over well in the locker room. At some point the players will stop taking him seriously as their Head Coach.

His hiring was a joke, his coaching is a joke, his offensive coaching hires have been a joke, his disciplinary methods are a joke, his contract is a joke, his special teams are a joke, his press conferences include many jokes. Other than upgrading the talent somewhat I don't see much to like. But I didn't expect much based on his resume.

To be fair, let me add he is a good role model as a man. He deserves big kudos for that.
Word!

I like and admire Coach Johnson. He's a decent man of integrity that can walk into a prospect's home
and convince the parents that their son will be given superior moral guidance throughout his
college career.

I am one of his biggest fans. I desperately want him to succeed.

Unfortunately, I felt the same way about my first marriage. How did that work out for me?
wavefan03
Surge

GreenLantern wrote:
Jaxwave wrote:So two guys practicing with passion get embarassed nationally. That should go over well in the locker room. At some point the players will stop taking him seriously as their Head Coach.

Word!

I like and admire Coach Johnson. He's a decent man of integrity that can walk into a prospect's home
and convince the parents that their son will be given superior moral guidance throughout his
college career.

I am one of his biggest fans. I desperately want him to succeed.

Unfortunately, I felt the same way about my first marriage. How did that work out for me?
Just a guess... not that good!
Bigschtick
Riptide

Greenanyway wrote:Exactly correct jax!

Those who think, based upon present circumstances, that we must endure this total incompetency for a year, or years into the future, have been well conditioned to accept the "practical" TU approach to a slow death. Nothing short of two changes (AD / HC) at the end of this season will yield positive results.

Consider the scenarios that have been offered up.
- Offensive assistant change - What coach in their right mind would take that position?
- Head coach change - What coach in their right mind would take that position?
- AD / HC change - Only scenario that would indicate real (radical) change at TU, and at this stage, only radical change will be meaningful. Anything short of this will be further validation that we are done!

Well Said! Sums it up great nicely. More pain and aggravation for Tulane football fans.
Only at Tulane could these things keep happening..
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
NOLABigSteve
Tsunami

Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
wave runner
High Tide

NOLABigSteve wrote:http://bromance.gotula.net/
well don sir...well done
Dave breslin
Swell

Teaching Donnelly to hold something seems redundant.
torbida
Surge

Dave breslin wrote:Teaching Donnelly to hold something seems redundant.

good point surprised he held that hand past 2 seconds.Hopefully in the near future Ricky Dick,scotty Cow and this perverted joke of a Athletic administration will be forced to hold a one way ticket outta town and be replaced by one that has some pride and tries to win. This is beyond pathetic.
GreenLantern
Riptide

winwave
Top of the WAVE

Priceless as usual Dave.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Can't really blame him. Every other attempt he's made at discipline has failed miserably.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DaveBrownStreak
High Tide

NOLABigSteve wrote:http://bromance.gotula.net/
Good Work!

Does anyone here remember a picture of J. P.Losmann and Mewelde Moore posted on the yoggie (don't remember what it was called before this) and set to music? it was hilarious and posters LOVED it!!

It upset NolaDave and JtS SO much, that people got banned and deleted and that was probably the catalyst for the birth of GOTULA.NEt, several years later......