BBall Pre-season Poll

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

JerseyWave
Riptide

mbawavefan12 wrote:http://www.si.com/college-basketball/20 ... -boatright

We are picked last, yay.

And we just gave this coach a contract extension. But this is where I expected. We have three guys on the roster that are quality Divsion 1 players and they are all guards....Hook, Starks, and Pinckney
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Not surprised. We were picked tied for last with UCONN in football as well by AAC coaches.
We are a newcomer and have to earn the respect of these coaches. Until we beat some we won't get their votes.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote:Not surprised. We were picked tied for last with UCONN in football as well by AAC coaches.
We are a newcomer and have to earn the respect of these coaches. Until we beat done we won't get their votes.
UConn lost their starting QB, SMU as well and their coach quit on them. The FBall season to date is hardly something to hang your hat on. Hopefully it improves, Friday win would be nice.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

mbawavefan12 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:Not surprised. We were picked tied for last with UCONN in football as well by AAC coaches.
We are a newcomer and have to earn the respect of these coaches. Until we beat done we won't get their votes.
UConn lost their starting QB, SMU as well and their coach quit on them. The FBall season to date is hardly something to hang your hat on. Hopefully it improves, Friday win would be nice.
Yes I know. Until we prove otherwise we will always be picked at or near the bottom.
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

The pre-season football poll was by the AAC sportswriters.

I could see Tulane finishing as high as 7th, as the bottom of the conference is horrible. That being said, we could also live up to our ranking!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

DfromCT wrote:The pre-season football poll was by the AAC sportswriters.

I could see Tulane finishing as high as 7th, as the bottom of the conference is horrible. That being said, we could also live up to our ranking!
I have some hope that the solid back court will win us some games. Sadly I am not even sure if that is a good thing for the long term health of the program.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

+1
Tulane Class of 1981
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote:

+1

I can see it now, team finishes 8th and then some absurd RD quote about how this team over-achieved and exceeded expectations. Finishing with a statement that the program is on the right track and the foundation is strong......then comes the next extension.
Jonathan
Riptide

We deserve to be last. Our coach Conroy,his recruiting and team suck. Fire Conroy now RD!
nawlinspete
Riptide

Jonathan wrote:We deserve to be last. Our coach Conroy,his recruiting and team suck. Fire Conroy now RD!

What we have: The Blind Leading The Blind

What We Must Have: A Clean Sweep with Dickson, Johnson, Conroy Out The Door

When: NOW

Why: Survival As An Athletic Program; Any Hope For BIG XII
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .