Should Rick Dickson continue as Tulane AD

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.

Should Rick Dickson continue as Tulane AD

Yes
3%
No
97%

Total votes: 70
nawlinspete
Riptide

All along he's been criticized for failing to improve himself professionally, personally , or as an AD.

We've had it backwards. He never intended to grow anything. He is the plantation manager of laisse faire. Do not interfere with anything. Just let everything settle down on its own.

He is a total success. Congratulations on your successfully torpedoing Tulane. Well done. :mrgreen:

President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Not another Dickson thread. Please use the search feature of the forum; we have plenty of threads on the man:

search.php?keywords=Dickson&terms=all&a ... mit=Search
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
Wavetime
Swell

I'd bet everyone understands your position NP and I do respect it. However, it's getting kinda old regardless of which side of the fence you are on.
Last edited by Wavetime on Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ajcalhoun
Swell

Wavetime wrote:I'd bet everyone understands your position NP and I do respect ir. However, it's getting kinda old regardless of which side of the fence you are on.
Is anyone on the other side of that fence? Does any poster on this site other than Green Wave show even a smidgen of support for RD? No! We all want him gone, pete! You are preaching to the fucking choir! Please give it a rest!
God Bless Everyone!
lurker123
Swell

Well perhaps he thought this was the metaphor of the day, namely RD as "plantation manager of laisse faire" and deserved its own thread. If so I don't think we have to guess who he believes the "overseer" is.
GreenLantern
Riptide

Pete, add me to the list of folks that are on board with everything you post daily (often hourly). The exception
being "fire the coaching staff now." And to that, there ain't no 'frig' in 'way', if you will. And I will.
Brevity being the soul of wit, I think I speak for most by urging you: 'less is more'.

If you want to tilt at windmills, why not rail at the exorbitant severance package that is being paid to Scott
Cowen? According to the Hulabaloo, while Cowen is on 'sabbatical', he is making $960,000 annually.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

GreenLantern wrote:Pete, add me to the list of folks that are on board with everything you post daily (often hourly). The exception
being "fire the coaching staff now." And to that, there ain't no 'frig' in 'way', if you will. And I will.
Brevity being the soul of wit, I think I speak for most by urging you: 'less is more'.

If you want to tilt at windmills, why not rail at the exorbitant severance package that is being paid to Scott
Cowen? According to the Hulabaloo, while Cowen is on 'sabbatical', he is making $960,000 annually.
But he is. Cowen going on sabbatical and Dickson being "permanently" employed are symptoms of the exact same problem.
Dr. Rosenrosen
High Tide

Par for the course at Tulane. There is gross under performance and zero accountability. Wins and losses don't matter. US News rankings don't matter.
nawlinspete
Riptide

Dr. Rosenrosen wrote:Par for the course at Tulane. There is gross under performance and zero accountability. Wins and losses don't matter. US News rankings don't matter.
Daily requests for corrective action may result in improvement. And, hopefully, potential new readers may decide to help eliminate the "Dickson Plague" with new enthusiasm. What are we waiting for; we need to be proactive, not silent and appearing to be indifferent to Rickyisms.

But another 15 years of silence and ignoring Ricky's acting out of sight guaranted will result in nothing more than "more of the same" which is exactly what we do not need.
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
lurker123
Swell

nawlinspete wrote:
Dr. Rosenrosen wrote:Par for the course at Tulane. There is gross under performance and zero accountability. Wins and losses don't matter. US News rankings don't matter.
Daily requests for corrective action may result in improvement. And, hopefully, potential new readers may decide to help eliminate the "Dickson Plague" with new enthusiasm. What are we waiting for; we need to be proactive, not silent and appearing to be indifferent to Rickyisms.

But another 15 years of silence and ignoring Ricky's acting out of sight guaranted will result in nothing more than "more of the same" which is exactly what we do not need.
At the rate you're going, it's hourly. I'd almost be ok if you would just limit it to one daily.

I almost feel like I'm in the Roman Senate listening to Cato utter repeatedly "Carthago delenda est" in every speech he made whether the topic was defeating Carthage or building a new aqueduct or honoring a religious holiday. It was as absurd then as it is today to have every topic devolve into "RD MUST GO NOW." Can you at least start saying it in Latin?
nawlinspete
Riptide

Summus Tulane. Sum Tulane.
nawlinspete
Riptide

Ricky, what have you done this week to earn your keep ?

Why do you not speak to the greater Tulane community of students, faculty, staff, alumni and friends ?

Why are you so totally incompetent ?

Why do you not resign now; you do nothing to earn a check ?

The buffoon must be held accountable in his final days.
Show Me
Tsunami

No
torbida
Surge

Did he play any high school or college sports? Why is this turd an athletic director-he doesn't care about winning and loves to give contract extensions to fellow turds like Toledo and Conroy, insult people's intelligence with bs like his video "rap "with Rick thre Dick sessions that last only 3 videos,his bogus online q@a sh@t that is choreographed trash and my favorite "if you don't like it go across the street" which woulda got his azz fired at any self respecting school.Has anyone ever talked to this walking talking model of mediocrity?
nawlinspete
Riptide

torbida wrote:Did he play any high school or college sports? Why is this turd an athletic director-he doesn't care about winning and loves to give contract extensions to fellow turds like Toledo and Conroy, insult people's intelligence with bs like his video "rap "with Rick thre Dick sessions that last only 3 videos,his bogus online q@a sh@t that is choreographed trash and my favorite "if you don't like it go across the street" which woulda got his azz fired at any self respecting school.Has anyone ever talked to this walking talking model of mediocrity?
Mediocrity ? No way.

A TOTAL DISASTER by any measure.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

torbida wrote:Did he play any high school or college sports?
Four-year letterman in football at Tulsa. I believe he also played baseball.
http://schoolsites.schoolworld.com/scho ... Activate=1
Rick Dickson '72
The University of Tulsa
Tulsa, OK
Football

High School
At BK, Rick was football All City, All Conference, All State, Receiver and Defensive Back. He was named Baseball All City, All Conference, All State, Pitcher and Outfielder.

College
He was a four-year Letterman as defensive back for TU.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
torbida
Surge

wonder if he had the same loser mentality he does now-"it doesn't matter if I strike out all 4 at bats" or "I drop the ball in the end zone".
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

torbida wrote:wonder if he had the same loser mentality he does now-"it doesn't matter if I strike out all 4 at bats" or "I drop the ball in the end zone".
Don't know. But just because one played sports doesn't equate to being able to hire a successful coach. IMO the most important job of any AD is to hire a solid coach and give him or her the needed support that it takes to win. Kevin White hired Rick Jones and Lisa Stockton and extended Perry Clark. He hired David Cutcliffe at Duke. Rick has hired Shawn Finney, Dave Dickerson, Ed Conroy, Bob Toledo and now Curtis Johnson. He also extended Chris Scelfo, Dave Dickerson, Bob Toledo, Ed Conroy and Curtis Johnson.
You are supposed to be judged in this business by Win's and Losses but for some reason that's not so at Tulane.
Last edited by tpstulane on Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Bigschtick
Riptide

I understand that he did play sports and was a standout in pocket pool!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
dpm wave
Swell

Bigschtick wrote:a standout in pocket pool!
Sport and recreational activity are not one in the same.
Dave breslin
Swell

Does Tulsa U have a special school, for slow learners?
Dave breslin
Swell

Does Tulsa U have a special school, for slow learners? RD could make Zig Zigler, a motivational speaker, commit suicide
nawlinspete
Riptide

The new Tulane War Cry: FIRE DICKSON and CONROY.

Most effective use of FIRE DICKSON and CONROY: in their faces and in the unblinking eye of the TV cameras.

How often prescribed: All basketball games

Additional uses recommended: Anywhere within earshot of Dickson.

Expected Results: Successful removal of these cancers.

Downstream effect: Termination of Price, Johnson and Price immediately after the cancer of Ricky is excised.

Who benefits: Tulane University and everyone who wants the best for Tulane !
Show Me
Tsunami

No
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

Of course he shouldn't. Only a moron or his immediately family would suggest Dickson should continue.

But you keep assuming that those in charge are operating rationally, thinking about wins and losses and the health of the program. Those in charge are interested in keeping the power structure in tact and thus funneling Tulane money into their pockets for an ongoing period of time. That they are destroying a university and infuriating the alumni and stakeholders doesn't seem as important to them as their own unquestioned job security. You literally cannot get fired if you stick to the "Tulane Model".

It's a sick situation.