Eric Price

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
Eaglewave
Swell

RobertM320 wrote:
Mandeville Wave wrote:From Day 1 Price was the piece of the coaching puzzle that did not make sense. Nothing has changed after 3 seasons. We have close friends that are Memphis fans and they insisted that Price was one of the main reasons Porter got fired.

CJ needs to make a move.
I'm so glad someone else felt this way about Price. He was terrible at Memphis, and when we hired him, my first reaction was "WTF?" Three years later, it hasn't changed.
Same here.

Ball Sumrall!
wavefan03
Surge

Despite Lees interceptions I think offense has improved from last year. Run game is encouraging. I think price should stay if we win a couple more games with Lee.

What bothers me is special teams. Is there a lack of depth on the team? Do we have bad coaching - and need a dedicated special teams coach?
nawlinspete
Riptide

Terrible at Memphis, no reason to believe he'd be any different here.

That is why our AD hired him (and then them) TO ASSURE THAT WE DO NOT HAVE TOO MANY WINS; after all "...here at Tulane we do not judge by wins and losses...."

The AD is as uninspired and unable to succeed as the half assed coaches he keeps hiring, extending, and giving pay raises TO ASSURE that "...we do not judge by wins and losses...."

The entire program is rotten to the core and the core must be fired this morning. Don't let the door hit you in the ass Ricky.
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
Dave breslin
Swell

We get a fumble at Memphis 35 . Always go for the jugular., unless you have NO nuts . It's why your a lose. It's playing not to lose. I know Lee has not shown well , but get a winning attitude in play calling. We could save $ by replacing you with a dead man
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

We've seen this before with other QBs, some upperclassmen.

Nick Montana vs FAU '13: 7/22, 71 yds, 3 INTs
Nick Montana vs UTSA '13: 18/33, 199 yds, 2 INTs
Devin Powell vs Rutgers '14: 6/15, 53 yds
Nick Montana vs UCF '14: 18/41, 147 yds, 2 INTs
Nick Montana vs Rice '13: 14/31, 97 yds, 1 TD

When you have the exact same results in different seasons with different QBs, it's easy to find the common denominator.
Dave breslin
Swell

Why should we be shocked? Memphis got rid of their OC because they were terrible. And now we have him. Get any drunk saints fan to coordinate this offense. P S. At least our O line is better than last year. Where is the plane? Put Price ' s name on the banner. I left at half time. It's now 31-0. I km ow we are young--but poorly coached offensively. Put this game in the RD memorial for losers
Dave breslin
Swell

It's the same results he had at memphis---who was wise enough to get rid of him. Of course, he's calling the saints plays--one that any drunk saints fan could do and getting him replaced would give us the money that could go to something useful- like a payoff for the numbnut AD. I still think Price was squeezed in by RD - HIS friend. They both produce a crappy result.
JerseyWave
Riptide

It makes no sense how poorly Tanner Lee played today. I would like an explanation. He was awful!
Mandeville Wave
High Tide

Eric Price is a complete joke of an OC. At any other school in the country he would be let go after this season, but not here. That was the most disgusting offensive play I have ever seen at any level. ERIC PRICE HAS DONE NOTHING WITH ANY OFFENSE WHERE HIS DAD WAS NOT THE COACH!!! Inexcusable!

Rick Dickson can take my 6 tickets and shove them up is @ss! I'm done!
wavemania
Surge

Wouldn't surprise me to see this idiot get retained and with some rumors going around, Lionel Washington leave. In that scenario, watch how quickly the River Parishes not be a fertile ground for our recruiting AND how quickly CJ becomes another Toledo. :twisted:
OGSB
Swell

wavemania wrote:...AND how quickly CJ becomes another Toledo. :twisted:

He did that when he came in saying he would run the Saints offense, just like Toledo.
Livin' rent free
nawlinspete
Riptide

JerseyWave wrote:It makes no sense how poorly Tanner Lee played today. I would like an explanation. He was awful!
Was Lee awful or atrocious ? Which is worse ? Lee's self destruction today was all on HIM. No coach can be blamed for the horrid interceptions he threw. Lee stinks. Better get a QB recruit this coming class. Lee will never be the answer.
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
nawlinspete
Riptide

Dave breslin wrote:We get a fumble at Memphis 35 . Always go for the jugular., unless you have NO nuts . It's why your a lose. It's playing not to lose. I know Lee has not shown well , but get a winning attitude in play calling. We could save $ by replacing you with a dead man

Correction: Prices are turds.
Dave breslin
Swell

Sorry Pete. My fault. Something you don't hear from TU. Is there any truth that Price was hired because of connection with RD.? Not that that would change my mind about both of these ass wipes.
Wavetime
Swell

I agree with NP, it's on Lee. Worst game he has played. Just horrible. It's over, learn from it.
Jonathan
Riptide

Tanner Lee was terrible and a major embarrassment. The entire offensive line,defense,special teams were worst. CJ and staff were a disaster.
51WaveBG
High Tide

Both Price's stink. Pick 6 Lee stinks and the WR's are not much better. If Lee is the QB next year, with Aaron Price as his QB coach and Mike Price as O/C, look for a long, losing season. The D did their job, but you can't keep them on the field for most of the game and win. Tulane's offense is a national, laughing stock disgrace. They should be laughed off campus and replaced with real football players.
Jonathan
Riptide

Both Tanner and Price stink. They are both losers. Bring Montana back.
kingcole
Low Tide

This one is on MR. Lee period. I'm not a Coach Price fan but he is a spread OFF OC maybe we are just in an O that doesn't fit College Football.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

I get that people want to blame somebody but as has been pointed out before this is on CJ. He brought the Saints playbook and then told Price to learn it and coach it. CJ never was a coordinator of that offense. The athlete's we can get would be great at the spread. As for this type of offense we all now the drill.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Wave QB
Swell

Tanner Lee played like pure trash today. Worst than I thought he could look. Horrible passes and decisions.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Lee should have been benched at least for a series or two. His throws were not even close all night. Looks like the injury has affected him.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Aegis
High Tide

Good
1. Running Game
2. Defense

Bad
1. Tanner Lee ( decision making and throws were off all day)
2. Picarrelli and DiRocco ( Both are fleecing the university because they do not earn their keep. Neither have any nuts.)
3. Shackelford lets pass go right through his hands
4. Doss interception right through his hands
5. Hilliard fumble

This game was lost by the players not the coaches. The coaches don't throw interceptions, fumble or miss snaps.

Good AD's don't hire position coaches to be a head coach.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Two games left in the season and we still have trouble executing a FG. Pitiful.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Wave QB
Swell

Fellas,

It is not the Saints playbook that is killing us. We have had some games in the CJ era when our offensive scheme has given opponents pure hell when executed correctly. When our QB's are clicking and the offensive line is doing at least an average job of blocking, our offensive game looks far advanced for our opponents. I know many of you haven't been paying attention to this due to so many losses, but there are plenty of games in the CJ era that fans have left the stadium saying, "if our offense could play the same way they played today for the rest of the season, we could have a great season." We have seen Griffin, Montana and Lee have good days running this CJ twisted Saints offense.

Griffin:

Montana

Lee

It's an undisciplined team and poor coaching that is hurting us. CJ needs to get rid of the Price brothers, McDonell and Drake. We as fans and alumni need to put heat on CJ to hire some better staff members every chance we get. We need to hire a former Saint that knows Payton playbook, a former PAC 12 or ACC offensive coordinator that is looking to get back into the mix of the FBS world, or even a top lower division coordinator that runs a high scoring/similar styled offense that is looking for his big FBS shot to make a name for himself. Price needs to go.