UCF Score Prediction Thread

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
greenphantom
Swell

UCF 37-6 (missed XP).

DfromCT
Wild Pelican

IM42lane wrote:U.C.F. -- 40

Tulane -- 12

U.C.F. has control of this one from the opening whistle. Tulane trails 30-6 at halftime, falls behind 40-6 after the 3rd quarter, and the Knights unfortunately coast to an easy victory. Devin Powell comes at QB in the 4th quarter to rush for Tulane's last score against the U.C.F. 3rd/4th string defense.

CJ follows up the poor performance with another 'well, this next open date could not have come at a better time' remark to the press. When asked who the starting QB will be for the Halloween game vs. Cincy, CJ states that will be another game time decision. 'I have two weeks to decide, and I will take my time doing it. Thank you for asking!', sez CJ.

Annoyed that Tulane missed two more extra points and another FG, CJ announces that open tryouts for placekicker will be conducted on Monday. 'Anybody, . . . and I mean ANY BODY (general student population included) who thinks that they can consistently make a 30-35 yard FG is welcome to the tryouts. I am sick of squandering scoring opportunities.

Of course, I really hope that the above discourse by me is a big bunch of horse-hockey. I really do not see Tulane winning this one, and I just hope that they can stay within about 20 points of U.C.F. at the end of another substantial loss.
Pete: While I understand the frustration with the special teams and kicking game, can we ALL give it a rest? AD made his only attempt last week and made the extra point. The FG even had a bounced snap. The young man was one of the most highly recruited kickers in the country and has gotten off to a horrible start to his collegiate career, but maybe, just maybe he's turned it around. Certainly he looked more confident coming off the bye week.

If in fact he's turned it around, (and the snapper is as much of a problem, if not more than the kicker) these late hits are not going to help him string together a bunch of successful kicks. Let's support him for a change, and hope for the best.

Again, this kid was highly recruited, and I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. He's not the biggest problem we've had this year, and having to deal with poor snaps regularly isn't helping.

Sorry to single your post out, there's others that need to lay off as well.

ROLL WAVE!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Setting my DVR the description of the game says QB Nick Montana leads the Green Wave against UCF. UCF has won the last two meetings by a combined score of 110-14
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Eaglewave
Swell

tpstulane wrote:Setting my DVR the description of the game says QB Nick Montana leads the Green Wave against UCF. UCF has won the last two meetings by a combined score of 110-14
Damn.
Ball Sumrall!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Eaglewave wrote:
tpstulane wrote:Setting my DVR the description of the game says QB Nick Montana leads the Green Wave against UCF. UCF has won the last two meetings by a combined score of 110-14
Damn.
Yep. So let's hope for at least some improvement.
Tulane Class of 1981
Robert1969
Riptide

Dave breslin wrote:Green lantern, I had the same dream!! How uncanny. But in my dream RD had a tie on but was shirtless.
Oh God, keep him out of the Oz, there's nothing that has ever happened at Oz that should cause their patrons to suffer so horribly.
Wavetrader
Low Tide

Tulane 21 - UCF 17. This is the week the OLine stops the penalties and Badie and Thompson run all over UCF. This is the week we make a move back to respectability!
"There is winning and there is misery". BP
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

after watching Tulane's vaunted "aint's" O steadly go into the can thru out the season

UCF 54 Tulane 7
The UCF defense puts 7 in da box and plays Man on player in the secondary...Tulanes O line commits 5 holding penalties and 4 false starts...three other holding penalties are declined

Post game interview CJ finally admits that Tanner Lee was recruited as a Tight End and Nick Montana was suppose to convert to the safety position when he transferred. CJ also becomes upset when he is compared to Steve Superior and Lou Holtz, stating he is the second coming of Joe Gibbs and Lovie Smith..CJ also officially takes his name out of the upcoming search for a HC @ Tulsa...however the Price Bros throw their hat and underwear into the searching ring !!!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote:24-14
UCF
Close
Tulane Class of 1981