7-6

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
GreenGears
Low Tide

I'm going to play devils advocate against the 2-10 thread. Every team remaining on the schedule is beatable(including unknown bowl team).

Nick Montana looks like he can run a completions based offense with the explosive Badie making big plays for us. Alternatively Tanner Lee has boatloads of talent so if he recovers he can come up with the big plays we need to win.

On defense UCONN was the return to focus that we'll have the rest of the year. No more getting beat deep, no more missed tackles.

Oh and one last thing we need, :ugeek: , the green tinted glasses.

There we go,

Please reply to this thread with things the team is doing right!

Roll Wave!!!
Last edited by GreenGears on Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

Ok.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

GreenGears wrote:I'm going to play devils advocate against the 2-10 thread. Every team remaining on the schedule is beatable(including unknown bowl team).

Nick Montana looks like he can run a completions based offense with the explosive Badie making big plays for us. Alternatively Tanner Lee has boatloads of talent so if he recovers he can come up with the big plays we need to win.

On defense UCONN was the return to focus that we'll have the rest of the year. No more getting beat deep, no more missed tackles.

There we go,

Roll Wave!!!
The 2-10 title is a little dumb but so is this.....I mean we are 20 point dogs this week and will be a larger dog at ECU. The rest are doable.
IM42lane
Swell

This post just 'reeks' of OPTIMISM, doesn't it?
Regards,
"Pete" Madere
GreenGears
Low Tide

If Tulane shows up to play they can beat UCF. UCF should be looking past us to their next opponent as big favorites at home. We just need to play clean, get a few turnovers and come out of the gate with two quick scores.
IM42lane
Swell

mbawavefan12 wrote:
GreenGears wrote:I'm going to play devils advocate against the 2-10 thread. Every team remaining on the schedule is beatable(including unknown bowl team).

There we go,

Roll Wave!!!
The 2-10 title is a little dumb but so is this.....I mean we are 20 point dogs this week and will be a larger dog at ECU. The rest are doable.
I would definitely agree with that. E.C.U. is probably the best team in the league right now, and U.C.F. is probably a 'shoe-in' for a bowl game. The 'Ga. Tech - Duke - Rutgers' stretch on the schedule was probably the toughest run of games that Tulane had.

I think that 2 more wins is doable and a realistic goal at this point.

I just now noticed that the main poster predicted a 9 - 4 record. Hmmm . . . he sees Tualne running the table and winning a bowl game. Like I said, that just 'REEKS' of OPTIMISM.
Regards,
"Pete" Madere
winwave
Top of the WAVE

GreenGears wrote:If Tulane shows up to play they can beat UCF. UCF should be looking past us to their next opponent as big favorites at home. We just need to play clean, get a few turnovers and come out of the gate with two quick scores.
Everyone we'll play will be looking past us. Well except for Temple. Unless of course they already have a Bowl game lined up. :mrgreen:
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
GreenGears
Low Tide

Ok, well we all know the 2-10 thread should probably be closer to 4-8, 5-7 or 6-6. So i'll concede down to 7-6, which is still highly optimistic.

UCF - L
Cincinnati - W
Houston - W
Memphis - W
ECU - L
Temple - W

Bowl Game - W
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

7-6 is very achievable.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
GreenLantern
Riptide

My daughter is an Ole Miss grad. My son-in-law is a grad of Miss State.
A couple months ago, as hard as you might try, you would not be
able to imagine that they would soon be arguing about which of their
teams should be ranked 1st in the national coaches poll.

This makes Tulane ending the season 7-6 feel very achievable.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

I'm fine with 7-6. All they have to do is play well and within their abilities.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

7-6 would be joyous. ROLLWAVEROLL!
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
TXWave88
Surge

To go 7-6, they would have to play turnover free ball, not make bonehead decisions on defense (that gives up big plays in result), and special teams would have to become a burden into an advantage. We would have to go 3-3 for each phase of the game. I cannot imagine that will happen. I would love it and would love to be proven wrong. My doubts are due to offensive playcalling, OL sloppy play and Special teams. That is a lot to overcome.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote:7-6 is very achievable.
WOW !!! I did not know that grassy stuff was legal in Louisiana or at SportsBeat .... I hope that 7-6 becomes a reality...
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:7-6 is very achievable.
WOW !!! I did not know that grassy stuff was legal in Louisiana or at SportsBeat .... I hope that 7-6 becomes a reality...
A drop off in the schedule outside of ECU and UCF. Have to continue to force turnovers that's how we won last year.
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

BS.

Until this team starts playing like a well coached and disciplined team, we have zero chance of winning 7 games. Frankly, if we keep playing like the dog crap we've seen through the first 6 games, we've won our last game.

Can it change? Absolutely.

But until the coaches themselves get clued in, it isn't going to happen.

The UConn game was one of the worst games ever televised. I'm a DIE HARD Tulane fan, and I had a hard time not using the TV clicker during that game. It sucked. We sucked. UConn simply sucked more than we did.

How many penalties can we take to ensure we don't score very often?
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Bigschtick
Riptide

DfromCT wrote:BS.

Until this team starts playing like a well coached and disciplined team, we have zero chance of winning 7 games. Frankly, if we keep playing like the dog crap we've seen through the first 6 games, we've won our last game.

Can it change? Absolutely.

But until the coaches themselves get clued in, it isn't going to happen.

The UConn game was one of the worst games ever televised. I'm a DIE HARD Tulane fan, and I had a hard time not using the TV clicker during that game. It sucked. We sucked. UConn simply sucked more than we did.

How many penalties can we take to ensure we don't score very often?

Exactly! 7-6? No way Jose. All this optimism after defeating a more inept team than us!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
IM42lane
Swell

I would be more than satisfied with a 5-7 record. That translates into a 4-4 American Conf. record which I would take in a heartbeat at this point. A breakeven conference record would send a message that Tulane football will be very competitive in the AAC for years to come.

Remember that the format changes next year when Navy comes into the football league and the conference splits into two divisions. If Tulane posted a 4-4 league record now, then the argument that Tulane could challenge for a Western Division championship next year would have some merit.
Regards,
"Pete" Madere
COChip
Low Tide

So it'll go down like this.....we're going to get crushed by UCF on Sat and then that sudden dose of reality will set in and everyone will be back to the 2 win predictions. Had UConn had any kind of competent offense they would have won that game. I see maybe 1 more win.
Dr. Rosenrosen
High Tide

UConn was/is the worst team on the schedule. The absolute ceiling for this team now is 4-8, and that will be a struggle.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Outside of ECU and UCF we can beat the rest.
http://www.bcsnn.com/aac/777-cincinnati ... -rise.html
AAC Power Rankings Week 8

ECU
UCF
Temple
Houston
Memphis
USF
Tulane
Tulsa
Cincinnati
UConn
SMU
Tulane Class of 1981
Wave QB
Swell

I want to beat Memphis badly. A former player/alum that I talk to every so often has already told me that they have penciled Tulane in as a win just like they did in 2012. He claims that they talk about us like we are a FCS team on the schedule.
Last edited by Wave QB on Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

Wave QB wrote:I want to beat Memphis badly. A former player/alum that I talk to every so often has already told me that they have penciled Tulane in as a win just like the did in 2012. He claims that they talk about us like we are a FCS team on the schedule.
That's the reality of Scott Cowen's legacy. We're associated with utter failure.
sader24
Tsunami

We aren't going 7-6 unless we start scoring 25+ points a game at minimum, we aren't doing that with Montana at the helm running the type of offense we ran Saturday. To go 7-6 we're going to need Tanner Lee under center and we're going to need Tanner Lee to play close to mistake free football.
Jonathan
Riptide

Add to the many reasons listed above why we are not going 7-6 is that we are one of the worst teams in the nation with penalty yardage. CJ will not toughen up and sit people out who commit these penalties and kill our momentum.