The $10,000,000 Y Challenge

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
RobertM320
Green Wave

nawlinspete wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:We talk about looking to get rid of RD, well here's our opportunity. All it would take is one big money alum to step up and publicly say he'll match Yulman's $10M, and give another $20M towards an IPF, on the condition that Rick Dickson is relieved of his duties immediately. That would put it squarely in the lap of the BOA. Do they turn down $30M just to save RD's ass?
Are Warren Buffet and/or Phil Knight closet Tulane fans ?

No, but David Filo, co-founder of Yahoo! is an alum, worth $1.7B. Jerry Springer is worth $185M. There are others. Its not like we have no one with that kind of money, its just a matter of getting them to give it to Tulane.

wave97
Swell

We need to start recruiting Russians (preferably Siberians - toughest humans walking the earth). We then hit up the Rooskie oligarchs $$$$! Not unlike the old school New Orleans oligarchs who once were the lifeblood of the program.
nawlinspete
Riptide

Cowen should donate at least $16,000,000.

$1,000,000 for each of the sixteen years he f*cked up Tulane. :headbash:
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

nawlinspete wrote:Cowen should donate at least $16,000,000.

If you count the amount of money Tulane paid him AND his wife over that time, he could donate $16M and still have profited by a few million off of Tulane.
JerseyWave
Riptide

jonathanjoseph wrote:

If you count the amount of money Tulane paid him AND his wife over that time, he could donate $16M and still have profited by a few million off of Tulane.
Count the amount of money he cost Tulane since 1998 by screwing up everything he did with the athletic department when he was handed a Top 10 Football program.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

jonathanjoseph wrote:

Cowen was making an additional $700k as a board member for various organizations. Just as our rankings in academics and athletics were dropping. Look it up! Yet the media and board did nothing. I for one would like someone to get a hold of his travel schedule. He is a crook.
Fred Dowler
Riptide

mbawavefan12 wrote:
jonathanjoseph wrote:

Cowen was making an additional $700k as a board member for various organizations. Just as our rankings in academics and athletics were dropping. Look it up! Yet the media and board did nothing. I for one would like someone to get a hold of his travel schedule. He is a crook.
Look, you might think that I'm kidding to be saying so, but I do hate to be saying that, yes, you've hit it squarely with that analysis.

Look, I do want and hope for the best for the city and area and state and I do want to be able to believe that the business and civic leaders do take the city's (as a whole) best interests to heart (although that's somewhat been a longtime problem, case in point being as laid out in John Barry's Rising Tide). Believe it or not, I don't say it with any joy but I do see Cowen as being somewhat equivalent to the several of the main personalities of the time, as in having been very interested in his own self, his own standing and ahead of everything. And I definitely see that in Rick Dickson, as well. If what they're both all about is strictly the best interests of the school and the community then they could easily be a lot more transparent and accountable than they are. The constant secrecy, double-talk, spin, etc. highlights the issue.
Tulane sports: small football stadium, very small basketball arena, w̶i̶n̶n̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶g̶r̶a̶m̶s̶, h̶o̶n̶e̶s̶t̶y̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶c̶c̶o̶u̶n̶t̶a̶b̶i̶l̶i̶t̶y̶ , but, hey, now there's tailgating.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

Fred Dowler wrote:
mbawavefan12 wrote:
jonathanjoseph wrote:

Look, you might think that I'm kidding to be saying so, but I do hate to be saying that, yes, you've hit it squarely with that analysis.

Look, I do want and hope for the best for the city and area and state and I do want to be able to believe that the business and civic leaders do take the city's (as a whole) best interests to heart (although that's somewhat been a longtime problem, case in point being as laid out in John Barry's Rising Tide). Believe it or not, I don't say it with any joy but I do see Cowen as being somewhat equivalent to the several of the main personalities of the time, as in having been very interested in his own self, his own standing and ahead of everything. And I definitely see that in Rick Dickson, as well. If what they're both all about is strictly the best interests of the school and the community then they could easily be a lot more transparent and accountable than they are. The constant secrecy, double-talk, spin, etc. highlights the issue.
Right. People think I'm kidding when I suggest legal action but it's probably warranted. It's not a stretch to call him a crook.

The Board has a legal responsibility to protect our interests and when Cowen is allowed to receive that kind of compensation for that long while all of the university's important metrics were consistently plummeting it looks highly questionable.
nawlinspete
Riptide

How close/far are we from $5,000,000 ?

Quick way to exceed : Use the $$$$ to buy out Ricky so we can get out from under his pall of deceit, deception, and defeat.
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
nawlinspete
Riptide

TPS, does your lack of an update mean Tulane is seriously behind in its challenge fundraising ? :?:
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

nawlinspete wrote:TPS, does your lack of an update mean Tulane is seriously behind in its challenge fundraising ? :?:
No. It was a coincidence that the last time this was posted RD happened to be at our meeting that night and he was asked that question. I haven't bothered to ask anyone at TAF for an update.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
ccap05
Surge

tpstulane wrote:
nawlinspete wrote:TPS, does your lack of an update mean Tulane is seriously behind in its challenge fundraising ? :?:
No. It was a coincidence that the last time this was posted RD happened to be at our meeting that night and he was asked that question. I haven't bothered to ask anyone at TAF for an update.
TPS- If you get an update please pass it along. Thanks.
nawlinspete
Riptide

ccap05 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
Instead of shouting from the rooftops we continue to hide under the dark cloud of RickyDick.

Totally in line with Tulane's failed Athletic Director. Trying to raise $10,000,000 should be aided by daily updates, progress reports, and goal achievement % being displayed prominently on at least a few billboards around NO. Instead Ricky hides his failures, communicates with no one, the media included; and continues to disdain anyone who cannot contribute at least $50,000.

Tulane Athletics are going nowhere until Ricky is fired. HE is a black cloud of deceit, deception, and defeat.
ajcalhoun
Swell

This forum was so much more enjoyable before pete came along.
God Bless Everyone!
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

ajcalhoun wrote:This forum was so much more enjoyable before pete came along.
Not really. This forum should be filled with outrage and complaints, but so many act like battered wives afraid to speak out instead.

Everyone is afraid of the emperor with no clothes.
ajcalhoun
Swell

jonathanjoseph wrote:
ajcalhoun wrote:This forum was so much more enjoyable before pete came along.
Not really. This forum should be filled with outrage and complaints, but so many act like battered wives afraid to speak out instead.

Everyone is afraid of the emperor with no clothes.
I wish y'all would both go away.
God Bless Everyone!
Show Me
Tsunami

nawlinspete wrote:
ccap05 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
Instead of shouting from the rooftops we continue to hide under the dark cloud of RickyDick.

Totally in line with Tulane's failed Athletic Director. Trying to raise $10,000,000 should be aided by daily updates, progress reports, and goal achievement % being displayed prominently on at least a few billboards around NO. Instead Ricky hides his failures, communicates with no one, the media included; and continues to disdain anyone who cannot contribute at least $50,000.

Tulane Athletics are going nowhere until Ricky is fired. HE is a black cloud of deceit, deception, and defeat.
Put up $$$ or shut up nawlinspete. Every penny Dickson raises is a penny more than you have probably ever given.
SHOW ME!
nawlinspete
Riptide

Only five more weeks to raise the $$$$ and instead of shouting from the rooftops about how well he is doing our dunderhead AD still operates under the cone of silence. What a surprise at his usual refusal to be accountable.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

nawlinspete wrote:Only five more weeks to raise the $$$$ and instead of shouting from the rooftops about how well he is doing our dunderhead AD still operates under the cone of silence. What a surprise at his usual refusal to be accountable.
Dickson has learned his lesson...rather than open his mouth and proves he is an azz, he keeps in shut and leaves doubt in some peoples mind
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
nawlinspete
Riptide

Hey Ricky, how's it going on your $10,000,000 challenge ?

Only eighteen days left and, as is your disgusting practice, you do not feel the need to communicate with the various Tulane communities.

Has anyone ever told you you are disgusting and incompetent and a liar ?
nawlinspete
Riptide

nawlinspete wrote:Hey Ricky, how's it going on your $10,000,000 challenge ?

Only eighteen days left and, as is your disgusting practice, you do not feel the need to communicate with the various Tulane communities.

Has anyone ever told you you are disgusting and incompetent and a liar ?
Now 17 days, what do you have to say Tricky ?
JDTulane
Riptide

nawlinspete
Riptide

JDTulane wrote:Image

Chill out; have another cold one or four or more.
JDTulane
Riptide

So nawlsinpete is the same troll poster from about a year ago that decided the best way to troll me was to insinuate I'm an alcoholic. Nice.

Forget your old password gramps?
nawlinspete
Riptide

Sixteen days and what do you say RickDick ? Not that you could tell the truth about your 'effort.'