Tulane 35 - Southeastern 20

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
JDTulane
Riptide

Roll wave, beat SELA. Happy game day!

nawlinspete
Riptide

A must win by anyone's standards; except our AD's.

Lose and it's all downhill.

We know the coaching, in all facets, is not what we thought it is. The coaches do not seem to be able to further develop their own or our player's skills.

It's put up day for CJ and his staff.
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
JerseyWave
Riptide

Absolutely! I don't even want to think what direction this program is heading if Tulane is 0-3 after today. Total disaster! The Tailgate village and Yulman will resemble ghost towns the rest of the season.
cajunfanatico
Swell

Well I'm relieved. I thought nawlinspete had had another erectile dsyfunction episode. :o :D
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
OUG
Riptide

Looks like this is just gonna be a Nawlinspete type day around here.
Bigschtick
Riptide

nawlinspete wrote:A must win by anyone's standards; except our AD's.

Lose and it's all downhill.

We know the coaching, in all facets, is not what we thought it is. The coaches do not seem to be able to further develop their own or our player's skills.

It's put up day for CJ and his staff.

You nailed it Pete.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Absolutely no doubt it's a must win.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

First must win in CJ's 3 year Tulane career IMO.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

While I agree it's a must win, it really needs to be a day where all the game management issues are cleaned up. Run the ball with the lead, manage the clock to perfection and show patience. No more stupid illegal substitution penalties. Play clean, or at least a whole lot cleaner than we've been.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
JDTulane
Riptide

Bumping this so it's atop the 4 threads of people complaining. GAME DAY YALL. Grab a beer and chillax.
OUG
Riptide

We are favored by 1.5 pts
winwave
Top of the WAVE

The line started w/Tulane favored by 4.5.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Jonathan
Riptide

What is latest weather forecast for game? Rain? Would like the latest update for tonight's game.
JerseyWave
Riptide

I thought they didn't put lines out for FBS vs FCS teams. What's troubling is that if Tulane doesn't bring its A game today it's gonna loose. Do you think the folks in Baton Rogue would ever sweat over SE Louisiana? CJ has work to do.
Jonathan
Riptide

I agree. If CJ does not bring out A game and aggressive defense we lose! We are playing a Division 2 team. We have never lost to Southeastern and they have never defeated a Division 1 team in their history.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Jonathan wrote:Would like the latest update for tonight's game.
ever heard of weather.com ?????
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Bigschtick
Riptide

God forbid that Jonathan would look it up himself!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
Jonathan
Riptide

Why are you both so sarcastic? I rely on you for the weather forecast. Thanks for your assistance as a fellow Tulane alumni and fan.
cajunfanatico
Swell

Jonathan wrote:Would like the latest update for tonight's game.
There's a polar front that's supposed to move through the New Orleans area just before gametime. Temps expected to drop into the low 30's, maybe upper 20's. Chance of snow. Dress very warmly Jonathon.
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
sader24
Tsunami

I would expect the crowd tonight to be sparse. Everyone I talked to that went last week isn't going tonight. Weather isn't going to help and most people seem to be more interested in watching LSU-ULM than Tulane-SLU. We need to start winning.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

sader24 wrote:I would expect the crowd tonight to be sparse. Everyone I talked to that went last week isn't going tonight. Weather isn't going to help and most people seem to be more interested in watching LSU-ULM than Tulane-SLU. We need to start winning.
+1
Same here. :oops: :oops:
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
JerseyWave
Riptide

Rick Dickson will never figure it out. You have to win games and you have to do it against quality competition. Tulane has an underperforming Football team playing a cr@ppy opponent.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

JerseyWave wrote:I thought they didn't put lines out for FBS vs FCS teams. What's troubling is that if Tulane doesn't bring its A game today it's gonna loose. Do you think the folks in Baton Rogue would ever sweat over SE Louisiana? CJ has work to do.
No, but didn't LSU lose to a lesser FCS team than the #3 ranked FCS team we're facing today? I may be wrong, but if memory serves me sometime since the turn of the century they lost at home to an FCS squad.

You folks that keep belittling SE Louisiana need to take note. This might be the second best team in the state. They're well coached, and probably equally as talented as Tulane. They should be about 6.5 point favorites (their power rating is 96, ours is 146). FCS teams beat FBS teams all the time. I'm hoping our streak (and there's) doesn't end, but I really think if the game is a blowout either way, chances are we're the ones on the wrong end of the blowout.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Profoundwizard
Swell

No, but didn't LSU lose to a lesser FCS team than the #3 ranked FCS team we're facing today? I may be wrong, but if memory serves me sometime since the turn of the century they lost at home to an FCS squad.
Not ringing any bells for me. Their worst loss since the Saban era was against UAB.
sader24
Tsunami

LSU hasn't lost to an FCS team that I'm aware of. Lost to UAB and I believe Houston a ways back. Had some trouble with Towson St. a few years ago. I've asked no less than 20 people to go tonight, all No's. I might trek out there at the last minute, but at this point I'm leaning towards watching game on lap top at bar while watching LSU game.