Georgia Tech 38 - Tulane 21

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
LSU Law Greenie
Surge

Just curious if Ga Tech was bringing their band with them? That would make for an awesome college atmosphere in the stadium.

My name is T J Acosta and I approve this message!
Jonathan
Riptide

Gtband.net the Georgia Tech band website shows the band coming to Tulane tomorrow Saturday for the game. Should be fun.
nawlinspete
Riptide

Jonathan wrote:Gtband.net the Georgia Tech band website shows the band coming to Tulane tomorrow Saturday for the game. Should be fun.

Let there be a band competition; we'll win on Way Down Yonder at The South Rampart Street Parade Go Tulane Go Tulane local music. Can we compete on marching and style points? Let the competition begin on all levels.

Let's hear it for Tulane !
Let's hear it for our New Orleans sound !

ps welcome to the music bandwagon jonathan
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
Robert1969
Riptide

What was the last time you anticipated a regular season Tulane game as much as you do this one?

My first thought was Louisiana Tech to close out the 1998 season. But maybe, even more than that was the 1987 Tulane-LSU game.

What about you?
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

last week.
nawlinspete
Riptide

The Rose Bowl game we declined to play in

The Rose Bowl game we lost

The 1949 game at undefeated Notre Dame

The 1998 BCS CHAMPIONSHIP GAME we would have won
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
Houma de Wave
Swell

Since Dec. 1, 1973...the most electrifying night of Tulane football I ever experienced. Even our opponents knew they were in for it that night. The crowd was magnificent. The win was loooong overdue! We were good that night!
Hornetswave
Low Tide

Beat GA TECH!!!!!
BC Wave
Swell

1. If heat gets to you, wear light clothing.

2. Drink PLENTY of water. Personally, I'm not going to drink alcomohol. I still have visions of the '99 game at USM and how they were stacking bodies on the concourse.

3. Yell your ass off.

4. Hullabaloo starts on the beat AFTER the score is announced following the xp, fg or safety. (Look to Big Mike standing in the 100 level in the southeastern quadrant near the 10 yard line. He starts us off.

5. Expect a cluster efff. Everyone's job is new tomorrow. Let's all be patient when necessary.

6. Get there early and don't be in a rush to get out.

7. Enjoy the game.
Hornetswave
Low Tide

Thank you, I will . I LOVE TULANE!!!!!
Ripple

Someone else said it better on another thread:

We're home.

Can't wait until tomorrow.
JDTulane
Riptide

Roll wave. We're home. Beat Tech. Tailgate goes up at 11!
Wave QB
Swell

We are going to win this game!!!!!!!!! It's our day!!!!!!! It's time to silence critics!!!!! It's time to bring college football to campus! We will win this game!!!!!!!! I have never ran into this many folks on Bourbon Street talking about a Tulane game!!! We will win this game because we have to!!!! There is no way we lose!

Yes! I am super pumped up and fired up!!! This will be my pregame ritual before I enter Yulman tomorrow!

Bigschtick
Riptide

Go Wave Best of luck! Congrats to those luck enough to be at Yulman! Thanks to the Yulman family.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
dz1
Ripple

Anyone know when and where the team will arrive?
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Houma de Wave wrote:Since Dec. 1, 1973...the most electrifying night of Tulane football I ever experienced. Even our opponents knew they were in for it that night. The crowd was magnificent. The win was loooong overdue! We were good that night!

and the 1972 game was close to the same type of a night !!!!... I still could not believe that LSU was willing to play Tulane on "the road" two years in a row after the "72 game. My dad made lot's of money on the "73 game... he not only got points but he also got odds...if memory serves he paid off the house !!!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

This should have been announced as a "white out" game for the fans...and personally...Tulane should have taken advantage by announcing white jersey's for this game
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Wear easy walking shoes because you will have a lot of walking to do.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote:Wear easy walking shoes because you will have a lot of walking to do.
this can be used as a "cardio workout" and should be incorporated into your tailgating experience !!!!
Eaglewave
Swell

Ball Sumrall!
Wavetrader
Low Tide

Surprising how many Georgia Tech fans are out this morning in the French Quarter. Also many more Tulane fans sporting team colors in our hotel and in the Quarter than I recall even at the New Orleans Bowl last year. This is what college game day is all about!
"There is winning and there is misery". BP
RobertM320
Green Wave

http://www.nola.com/society/index.ssf/2 ... party.html

Article about the party last night at Mardi Gras World.

Unfortunately, TP/nola.com is so broke they can't even get people to copyread their articles. Our new University president is Richard Fitts, and our former University president is Scott Cowan.

F'n pathetic. Maybe if they actually covered us more, they'd know how to spell the names. I don't see them misspelling Drew Brees, Sean Payton or Les Miles very often.
JerseyWave
Riptide

Can't believe I'm sitting in this Stadium I've watched on the internet for the last 18 months. It is truly incredible. This Stadium much better than I thought it could ever be. Congratulations to Green Wave Nation!
RobertM320
Green Wave

I feel left out! Looks like everyone's at the game and no one's on the computer. I'll just have to sit home and watch it on TV. I think I'll get out my commemorative piece of seat from Tulane Stadium and sit on that for the game today! Its been hanging on the wall for over 35 years since my dad first bought it when they tore down the stadium.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Bigschtick
Riptide

Just staring to watch here on the west coast. Don't understand why but stadium looks
Far from full.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!