Georgia Tech 38 - Tulane 21

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
cajunfanatico
Swell

Bigschtick wrote:Just staring to watch here on the west coast. Don't understand why but stadium looks
Far from full.
Someone post a pic of the crowd.

Signed

Savacool

ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
Bigschtick
Riptide

Hey Cajun. It's on tv you putz
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
Ripple

Why so many empty seats in the lower level? Looks like the game isn't sold out on TV.
cajunfanatico
Swell

Bigschtick wrote:Hey Cajun. It's on tv you putz
Hey schtick, I'm in Venezuela you putz. But I'll scan the channels anyway.
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Have to say, regardless of how this season goes, I don't think we'll be losing any games 10-7 this season.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Ripple

This color guy is a moron.

You don't win football games as a mid-major dog by playing conservative, not-to-lose football.
Ripple

So much for home field advantage -- the high rollers can't be bothered to be in their seats making noise.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

What on earth is our coaching staff doing? That's -10 points on utter stupidity.
RobertM320
Green Wave

And the poor coaching/poor clock management rears its head --- AGAIN.

Going for it on 4th and 3 in our territory, with only 30 seconds left? We got them to use two timeouts by lining up to go for it. At that point, you punt it away and go into halftime tied.
Bigschtick
Riptide

cajunfanatico wrote:
Bigschtick wrote:Hey Cajun. It's on tv you putz
Hey schtick, I'm in Venezuela you putz. But I'll scan the channels anyway.

Oh ok then Cajun. Sorry. Lots of empty seats on both sides. Questionable coaching. The announcers are knocking the coaching. Defense sucks. Yogis have a good game tracker .
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

jonathanjoseph wrote:What on earth is our coaching staff doing? That's -10 points on utter stupidity.
I posted last week that CJ should not be allowed any where near a Stadium on game day.... Tulane has to have the dumbest coaching staff in America...hell they most probably are the dumbest Football coaching staff in Iceland as well
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
51WaveBG
High Tide

Agreed. The play calling again is awful, defense is more than awful and the overall coaching performance stinks! This performance is not worth wasting time watching.
RobertM320
Green Wave

51WaveBG wrote:Agreed. The play calling again is awful, defense is more than awful and the overall coaching performance stinks! This performance is not worth wasting time watching.
Actually, 17 of their 24 points were gifts. A pick-6, an INT at our 30, and a failed 4th down in our own territory with 30 seconds left. Tech only has 206 yards of offense.
Bigschtick
Riptide

golfnut69 wrote:
jonathanjoseph wrote:What on earth is our coaching staff doing? That's -10 points on utter stupidity.
I posted last week that CJ should not be allowed any where near a Stadium on game day.... Tulane has to have the dumbest coaching staff in America...hell they most probably are the dumbest Football coaching staff in Iceland as well

And Golfnut I was with you last week , we were called fools for suggesting that maybe CJ was not the coach to turn this around. Many stupid decisions. Lots of empty seats and maybe more people from afar would have come if they did not think seats might be hard to get.
Bigschtick
Riptide

On tv, the east or Audubon side is empty. I cannot believe this. All the excitement of a new stadium and we could
Not sell out which means we are not going to sell out this year. Embarrassing.
Wave755
Tsunami

Bigschtick wrote:On tv, the east or Audubon side is empty. I cannot believe this. All the excitement of a new stadium and we could
Not sell out which means we are not going to sell out this year. Embarrassing.
Audubon side looks pretty full to me here at the game?
Bigschtick
Riptide

Actually on TV there are plenty of empty seats on the double decker side.
Wave755
Tsunami

Bigschtick wrote:Actually on TV there are plenty of empty seats on the double decker side.
Westfedt Terrace side is the Calhoun Street side, I am sitting in Westfeldt so I can't see what you can.
threeputt
High Tide

LOL at any who actually thought we could would win this game. I don't see a victory on our schedule all year.
Hornetswave
Low Tide

The sun was very hot, i had small children. THEY COULD NOT the heat anymore. We left just before the half. The games need to later on in the day. 7 pm start time. ROLL WAVE. I love Tulane.
wave97
Swell

Where do you start?
sader24
Tsunami

The heat ran everyone off on that side. It was miserable. You simply can't sit on that side for an extended period of time for a hot September day game. Everything was great before the game but the in game experience with that sun on that side was miserable. The guys I brought were all excited before the game but wanted to leave in the 2nd quarter and were miserable throughout.
nawlinspete
Riptide

National ESPN announcers repeatedly referred to bad coaching decisions by Tulane. Several times the announcers said that the Offensive Coordinator was stupid, making unbelievably bad play calls. Again, all the coaching was criticized but Price was called out several times for stupid calls.

Tulane regressed horribly, they said, from the Tulsa game.

"Unbelievable coaching decisions" said at least 20 times.

Time for Dickson and his pals named Price and Price to be shown the door.
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
sader24
Tsunami

I'd like to start with the fact that CJ has no idea what he's doing managing a game. The halftime debacle going for it on our own 44 was retarder in a way I've never seen before.
nawlinspete
Riptide

sader24 wrote:I'd like to start with the fact that CJ has no idea what he's doing managing a game. The halftime debacle going for it on our own 44 was retarder in a way I've never seen before.
ESPN called this stupid coaching by the Offensive Coordinator. If so, CJ must start calling plays. If called by CJ, we are in deep trouble.

Looked as bad as last fifty seconds of first half against Tulsa.

Price, Price and Dickson must go. NOW.
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .