My one year resignation from Tulane Football

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
rollinggreen
High Tide

After the season opening debacle, I have decided not to go through this crap again. It is absolutely no fun to watch this team. Even when they are winning I am never happy because I just wait for them to blow the game like they did Thursday. I will not respond to anything said about this subject. Another 2 win season is not for me. Go Saints!

sader24
Tsunami

Ok.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

rollinggreen wrote:After the season opening debacle, I have decided not to go through this crap again. It is absolutely no fun to watch this team. Even when they are winning I am never happy because I just wait for them to blow the game like they did Thursday. I will not respond to anything said about this subject. Another 2 win season is not for me. Go Saints!
big hint...never resign...take a "leave of absence"
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Profoundwizard
Swell

This wasn't thread worthy
batonvert
Ripple

rollinggreen wrote:After the season opening debacle, I have decided not to go through this crap again. It is absolutely no fun to watch this team. Even when they are winning I am never happy because I just wait for them to blow the game like they did Thursday. I will not respond to anything said about this subject. Another 2 win season is not for me. Go Saints!
Your pathetic! You were never a Tulane fan to begin with. My 85 yr old grandmother can tell the difference CJ hss made. He's a good football coach not jesus christ.
T1B2TW
High Tide

If you look up "fair weather fan" in the dictionary, you will see a picture of rollinggreen.
Show Me
Tsunami

A couple of things here.
First if you bought season tickets you are going to the GT home opener, you are not going to miss that historical event if you are a true Tulane fan.
Second, if you don't have season tickets and you're not really a true fan.
TXWave88
Surge

So you retire when a Tulane loses a close game it should have won, but stuck with the team when it was getting blown out every year by the same team or every other game by bad teams?
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Don't let the proverbial door hit you in the buttocks on the way out.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
WaveCan
Low Tide

Please make it more than a year.

Not sure how long you've been a self-professed "fan" to begin with, but if you stuck through the last 30 years like I have, there's no English word to adequately define your actions of leaving after Thursday night. Sorry you will miss out on the good times ahead.
Dave breslin
Swell

Rolling green,we have all had your feeling,and maybe im being too optimistic,but at least we are a competative team. Ate we there yet? No . But we are getting there. And this is from a fan from the 50s. Dont let the RD apathy get to you! Hes contagious.
NOLA Fan
Ripple

Funny message.
All sports fans who have said this in the past, raise your hands.
My son-in-law is an LSU season ticket holder. I remember him telling me that the LSU team was no fun to watch......this was in 2011, when they went 13 - 0, was ranked #1 & was SEC Champs.....until the Sugar Bowl. As fans, we all expect it to be 28-0 at half with the 2d string QB playing the 2d half. It doesn't happen that way.
Ray Charles can see the improvement that CJ has going on. This team is trending up....stay with them & you will be glad you did.
JDTulane
Riptide

If it is as long as my self ban from GoTula, you'll be back on Saturday 8-)
waveclem
Surge

NOLA Fan wrote:
Ray Charles can see the improvement that CJ has going on.

Just want to commend you on that excellent statement. Beat Tech!
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

waveclem wrote:
NOLA Fan wrote:
Ray Charles can see the improvement that CJ has going on.

Just want to commend you on that excellent statement. Beat Tech!
Is that because he is blind, dead or both.....oh and this thread needs to be deleted or moved, IMHO.
dpm wave
Swell

GreenLantern
Riptide

jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

Overreaction.
OUG
Riptide

waveclem
Surge

This man came on here looking for some sympathy and we totally Rick Dickson'ed him. Call off the dogs, he's dead.
Jonathan
Riptide

Last edited by Jonathan on Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bigschtick
Riptide

Dave breslin wrote:Rolling green,we have all had your feeling,and maybe im being too optimistic,but at least we are a competative team. Ate we there yet? No . But we are getting there. And this is from a fan from the 50s. Dont let the RD apathy get to you! Hes contagious.

I dont blame the guy for taking some time off after we lost to an inferior team, my opinion, but some of the responses have been totally mean-spirited EXCEPT YOURS. Many of us have suffered as fans far longer than DT from CONN and others here.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
Bigschtick
Riptide

Jonathan wrote:You are a sad Tulane fan. I renewed my season tickets at a high level for the first time since Scelfo. Tanner Lee and Sherman Badie and company are first round NFL picks. You are a loser.

You are such a phony, a hypocrite.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Bigschtick wrote:
Dave breslin wrote:Rolling green,we have all had your feeling,and maybe im being too optimistic,but at least we are a competative team. Ate we there yet? No . But we are getting there. And this is from a fan from the 50s. Dont let the RD apathy get to you! Hes contagious.

I dont blame the guy for taking some time off after we lost to an inferior team, my opinion, but some of the responses have been totally mean-spirited EXCEPT YOURS. Many of us have suffered as fans far longer than DT from CONN and others here.
Your right. I have only been a DIE HARD Tulane fan for 34 of my 52 years. Schtick that.

And next time you put words in my mouth, please quote me from the thread, rather than referring to something I never said.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
GreenGears
Low Tide

This team is so much better than previous years. My mother commented to me how much more athletic the players look. She's no Mike Ditka.