Joe Brockhoff

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
RWR
Swell

If we are serious about resurrecting our baseball program he is the answer. He's the best hitting coach in the country. While averages went down across the country none went down like ours. On a recent radio show RJ basically said we have to wait two years before we can clean out the current players on the roster who aren't suited for the new bats before we can recruit to the new bats. We don't want to wait two years. Brockhoff should be be hired as a special consultant for fall ball and we would see dramatic improvements this season. This should be done ASAP.

http://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/2011/ ... velop.html
Last edited by RWR on Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

msdos
Swell

yea, because brockoff has a ton of experience with the new bats :roll:
RWR
Swell

No because the man knows hitting like no one else. He took people who were anemic hitters like Joe Schuermann and made them into good major college hitters. He still teaches and and is up to date on the bats.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Joe was one of my coaches in Jr and High school and later I played in the "Audubon and Mel Ott" League's with him. I agree old or new bats do not make up for proper mechanics, just like in golf, mechanics and timing or more important than pure muscle...and i ma not that old scholl to down play the conditioning part of athletics. I li-ve in metro Austin and Texas has seem to do pretty well playing "small ball" as it is called here...a single, a proper bunt and then another single or double...I also think we need to take a look at the pitching staff..If Tulane had not lost two starters to injury last season would have looked totally different
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

and as one of my coach's said "Boy's, it's a round ball, and a round bat, but ya gotta hit it square" !!!!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Jonathan
Riptide

Anyone is better than the current baseball coach and his boys staff. What about the Delgado College coach, a TU alum?