August 11, 2014 - AAC Commish Aresco meets Fitts & Dickson

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

If the press conference starts at 1:30 CDT, but the event starts at 12:30 CDT, is the Yulman tour going to be streamed live in its entirety as well? I hope so!

" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

http://www.tulanegreenwave.com/sports/m ... 14aaa.html

It now looks like, according to the Tulane website, that the press conference is the only thing viewable on the web. Hopefully some on the tour of Yulman will post video. And the Presser starts at 1 PM not 1:30.

EDIT: Typical Tulane Athletic Dept. They announce a press conference for 1:30 CDT. Then they have a counter on the Tulanegreenwave.com website counting down to a 1 PM start. It counts down to zero and then flashes a message that says "Please wait for the broadcast to begin". I'm assuming it will begin at 1:30!

ROLL WAVE!
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

I don't see or hear anything?
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Me neither. More typical Tulane Athletics under RD, they're late, even for the 1/2 hour after their clock counted down "official" starting time. Or the stream has simply failed.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

twits with quotes from all invoved...but zero video
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

just goes to prove that ole Tulane did not use the P principle before the news conference began...like testing the equipment to make sure it works...or even pressing the "on" power at the power source
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

Can't pull off a simple stream. I shutter to think of the screw up that will take place over the next 4-5 months.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I wonder what's going to go wrong on 9/6? The scoreboard not work? All the restaurants powering up at once short them all out? Water fountains contaminated? It's going to be something, that you can count on.
nawlinspete
Riptide

Typical Dickson.

President Fitts : Dickson screws up again, angering alumni, fans, students and the curious general public.

Another indicator of why Dickson fell $20,000,000 short of his fundraising goal.

Commissioner Aresco; Do whatever it takes to get Dickson fired; he is an embarrassment to the AAC, to Tulane and to himself. Everything Dickson touches turns to sh**.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

twitter is not twitting anymore !!!!
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

Not even kidding, my 8 year old niece just did a live stream of a fundraiser she put together for a sick classmate....ALL BY HERSELF!!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Presiden Fitts....please bring back computer science as a major...maybe this would not happen
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Quick !!!! call the geek squad at Best Buy for emergency service
nawlinspete
Riptide

Dickson could not set fire to a paper bag with a gross of matches. He is totally incompetent.
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
OUG
Riptide

Tulane livestreams events on all access all the time. Not sure why they had to switch the platform.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

golfnut69 wrote:Presiden Fitts....please bring back computer science as a major...maybe this would not happen
BTW supply and demand is winning out. CS is seeing a big increase in enrollment, despite the fact that dumb@ss Cowen tried to get rid of it.

As others have noted, streaming video online is something the average high schooler can accomplish.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Ricks...closing remarks resemeble "if you do not like what you hear, walk across the street"
JerseyWave
Riptide

Couldn't watch the presser. WTF! Followed comments on Twitter. Aresco, "Rick Dickson and I have been friends for 25 years." WTF! No way this is possible. Tulane needs a new AD!
LSU Law Greenie
Surge

Scott Kushner @ScottDKushner · 12m
Rick Dickson said #Tulane will pay full cost of attendance and will adapt with the rules as they change.
My name is T J Acosta and I approve this message!
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
OUG
Riptide

Carville really bailed Rick out in the most under-dressed department
nawlinspete
Riptide

LSU Law Greenie wrote:
Rick Dickson said #Tulane will pay full cost of attendance and will adapt with the rules as they change.
Dickson says a lot of things; but he does nothing.

He has zero credibility; and he has earned that rep all by himself.

FIRE DICKSON YESTERDAY.
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

#Tulane president Mike Fitta says athletics is one of big areas that attracted him to the school and expects excellence.
nawlinspete
Riptide

mbawavefan12 wrote:#Tulane president Mike Fitta says athletics is one of big areas that attracted him to the school and expects excellence.

That is great news. On what date is President Fitts firing Dickson ?

And with Aresco knowing Dickson for 25 years that is the polite way of his saying he has seen Dickson fail at University of Tulsa, Washington State University, and Tulane University.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

nawlinspete wrote:
LSU Law Greenie wrote:
Dickson says a lot of things; but he does nothing.

He has zero credibility; and he has earned that rep all by himself.

FIRE DICKSON YESTERDAY.
to quote lou Holtz ( an I am sure others).."when all is said and done, more will be said, then is done"