Future OOC Football Schedule/Games

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I'm sure LSU fans are thrilled with playing the likes of UT=San Antonio, Nicholls St., Georgia Southern, NW State, Utah State, Chattanooga, SE Louisiana, Rice, Jacksonville State and USM. All of these have been on recent schedules or are scheduled this year or next. Yes, I realize Utah St is not bad, but do LSU fans really want to see them in Tiger Stadium more than Tulane?

" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Aberzombie1892
Swell

DfromCT wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 12:58 pm I'm sure LSU fans are thrilled with playing the likes of UT=San Antonio, Nicholls St., Georgia Southern, NW State, Utah State, Chattanooga, SE Louisiana, Rice, Jacksonville State and USM. All of these have been on recent schedules or are scheduled this year or next. Yes, I realize Utah St is not bad, but do LSU fans really want to see them in Tiger Stadium more than Tulane?
If Tulane continues down the path of being irrelevant in in-state recruiting (i.e. 5 Louisiana recruits per class or fewer), there will be no reason for LSU to ever play us as there would be literally no upside for LSU.

Just like there is limited upside for Tulane to camp with LSU.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

DfromCT wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 6:39 am Then why does Tulane vs. LSU in baseball draw big crowds? Why does any Tulane vs. LSU game have more attention than most other games on the schedule?
Cause the LSU alums in NOLA want to watch their team and TU fans want to watch a top 10 program and big brother go down.
How much clearer can the LSU admin show that they don’t care about TU and see no value in playing us? They freakin scheduled Rice, they have no interest in paying TU $1mm and even have the slightest risk that the game would be close. The admin doesn’t care about fans (see canceling the baseball series and thus not giving the huge NOLA based alumni a chance to to see dem tigers in their backyard). I deal with these LSU people everyday, hell even the older ones don’t really care. It’s over unless the new LSU AD is simpathetic about history and we prove not to be an RPI drain.
nawlinspete
Riptide

The ball is in the ADs court . Aleva is gone . Our Dannen is on record for PLAYING LSU IN EVERY SPORT .

IT IS UP TO THE NEW LSU AD .
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

mbawavefan12 wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 5:35 pm
DfromCT wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 6:39 am Then why does Tulane vs. LSU in baseball draw big crowds? Why does any Tulane vs. LSU game have more attention than most other games on the schedule?
Cause the LSU alums in NOLA want to watch their team and TU fans want to watch a top 10 program and big brother go down.
How much clearer can the LSU admin show that they don’t care about TU and see no value in playing us? They freakin scheduled Rice, they have no interest in paying TU $1mm and even have the slightest risk that the game would be close. The admin doesn’t care about fans (see canceling the baseball series and thus not giving the huge NOLA based alumni a chance to to see dem tigers in their backyard). I deal with these LSU people everyday, hell even the older ones don’t really care. It’s over unless the new LSU AD is simpathetic about history and we prove not to be an RPI drain.
We can agree to disagree on this one. You weren't in New Orleans when the rivalry was ELECTRIC. Why do you think even recently some of the biggest crowds for NCAA regular season baseball were Tulane vs. LSU? Home and in BR?

I think it makes LSU fans feel good to say "we don't give a $hit about Tulane". But get the two teams on the field and they'll show up in droves.. The Admin you refer to (at LSU) has turned over VERY recently. The Admin at Tulane turned over (THANK GOD) three or four years ago. It's a new era and new opportunity to renew one of AMERICA's longest standing rivalries.
Sunamiwave
High Tide

Since we usually play one FCS game per season I would like to see us bring the North Dakota State Bison to Yulman Stadium for a game. Their fans are fun to tailgate with and many of them will make the trip from Fargo to New Orleans for the game. I remember watching on tv a few years ago the FCS national championship game in Texas and there were Bison fans everywhere.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Sunamiwave wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 8:10 pm Since we usually play one FCS game per season I would love to see us bring the North Dakota State Bison to Yulman Stadium for a game. Their fans are fun to tailgate with and many of them will make the trip from Fargo to New Orleans for the game. I remember watching on tv a few years ago the FCS national championship game in Texas and there were Bison fans everywhere.
This might be the first season in years that we wouldn't be at least a TD underdog, even at home, against the Bison. They've defeated many P5 teams, that are a whole lot better programs than Tulane, in this century. I'd love to play them now that we're getting better. Some folks that post here and poo-poo FCS would have their eyes opened in a big way. Their teams in 2012= 2015 would have crushed Tulane.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

I’ve never understood why LSU wouldn’t want to play Tulane every year in the Superdome. It would give their N.O. fan base a local game, and even though a quasi-home game, would always count as a road game, thereby giving them another annual home game in B.R. A fair split of the ticket allocation could be based on each school’s prior year home attendance as a % of their stadium capacity—with all season ticket holders (of both schools) being guaranteed a ticket to the game. Premium pricing would usually apply.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

HoustonWave wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 9:53 pm I’ve never understood why LSU wouldn’t want to play Tulane every year in the Superdome. It would give their N.O. fan base a local game, and even though a quasi-home game, would always count as a road game, thereby giving them another annual home game in B.R. A fair split of the ticket allocation could be based on each school’s prior year home attendance as a % of their stadium capacity—with all season ticket holders (of both schools) being guaranteed a ticket to the game. Premium pricing would usually apply.
Cause they can make more money hosting a crap team in tiger stadium.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

mbawavefan12 wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 11:13 pm
HoustonWave wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 9:53 pm I’ve never understood why LSU wouldn’t want to play Tulane every year in the Superdome. It would give their N.O. fan base a local game, and even though a quasi-home game, would always count as a road game, thereby giving them another annual home game in B.R. A fair split of the ticket allocation could be based on each school’s prior year home attendance as a % of their stadium capacity—with all season ticket holders (of both schools) being guaranteed a ticket to the game. Premium pricing would usually apply.
As has been pointed out earlier they still get their full allotment of home games and in effect get another one here.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 11:28 pm
As has been pointed out earlier they still get their full allotment of home games and in effect get another one here.
Perhaps I missed something. Went back 6 years and LSU does the same scheduling approach every year for OOC games. Play three cupcakes at home and one P5 either on the road, neutral or home. Please tell me what I am missing.

To be clear, I have no interest defending LSU just calling it as I see it and what I hear. Cancelling the mid week baseball series, to me, was just so petty given the history, the fact that TU baseball is not an RPI drain and they not only took a dump on TU but crapped on their NOLA alums.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

What you missed is their fans complaining about all those cupcakes. So as I have said if we progress the way most of think we will we should be on their schedule.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
ccap05
Surge

HoustonWave wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 7:27 pm
NOLABigSteve wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 4:36 pm
DfromCT wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 4:19 pm I have ZERO issues with us playing an FCS school each year. But play ones that either have local attraction (Grambling, Southern, Southeastern, NIcholls, etc.) or ones with national name recognition such as North Dakota State, South Dakota State, University of Northern Iowa, Colgate, James Madison, etc. Bringing in a no-name like Morgan State does nothing for us. I don't even know what state they're in!
Morgan
😂😂😂😂. What’s the capital of Morgan? 🤪🤪🤪
I believe the Capital of Morgan is Morgan City. Please do not take my word for it because I have had a few.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 12:16 am What you missed is their fans complaining about all those cupcakes. So as I have said if we progress the way most of think we will we should be on their schedule.
Ya but the coaches and admin at LSU want to protect their jobs by scheduling cupcakes to pad their stats (ala RD). TU baseball was never a doormat and they dumped that series. If TU bball improves and Fball continues to improve, I still see the LSU looking at TU as too much risk and they would rather schedule easy wins than risk any recruiting or marketing issues that would come with a loss to TU.

But again, in Fball they only do 3 home cupcakes and one P5. Even next year TU would probably be their best home OOC game and they would not dare risk having Fritz come to town and either give them a scare or god forbid pull a Troy.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

mbawavefan12 wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 12:26 am
winwave wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 12:16 am What you missed is their fans complaining about all those cupcakes. So as I have said if we progress the way most of think we will we should be on their schedule.
Ya but the coaches and admin at LSU want to protect their jobs by scheduling cupcakes to pad their stats (ala RD). TU baseball was never a doormat and they dumped that series. If TU bball improves and Fball continues to improve, I still see the LSU looking at TU as too much risk and they would rather schedules easy wins than risk any recruiting or marketing issues that would come with a loss to TU.
Like I said their fans are sick of their scheduling. If we progress like we all think we will then the pressure will be on.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

It is a great point that we would be a road game that would be highly lucrative and be a defacto home game.

The fans Definitely would prefer us to the normal rent a wins. That way their little egos and useless degrees could pretend they have some value somehow associated to a corrupt athletic factory. .

I believe the de jour chant during my time was the elitist chant: “Pump our Gas “
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Even the thought of a renewed LSU series really gets me fired up. If we played LSU in football with our current coach 5 times : . . We are winning one. Ill be on the field pulling down the field goal posts (greatest regret never having done so) and ill bring the gas tank to burn down the stadium (either works).
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

Bicoastalwave wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 2:10 am It is a great point that we would be a road game that would be highly lucrative and be a defacto home game.

The fans Definitely would prefer us to the normal rent a wins. That way their little egos and useless degrees could pretend they have some value somehow associated to a corrupt athletic factory. .

I believe the de jour chant during my time was the elitist chant: “Pump our Gas “
.....or “safety school, safety school”
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

:lol:
mbawavefan12 wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 2:15 am
Bicoastalwave wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 2:10 am It is a great point that we would be a road game that would be highly lucrative and be a defacto home game.

Love it!

You think our alums dont care ? They do. But give us a reason to talk sh**. Give us a reason to storm the field & grab the gas can (if someone burns down yulman it was me). That olympic village and yulman stadium expansion will be right around the corner.

This is the first time for us to be excited in a long time. Last year we did an amazing job of finding a way to minimize excitement. This year we’re going to grab the remains of our garbage beat writers and local sports reporters and force them to watch us decimate expectations and be a top 70 team. I truly believe theres a path for us to get top 25 votes this year. We literally haven't had an offense of any kind and yet still been somewhat successful. We cant get worse, and we have amazing playmakers and dline. Hall will scheme around an average (first time) o line and we will be somewhere from average to dynamic offense. Patrick johnson and crew will eat opponents for breakfast and our secondary as alway will produce guys who step up.

8-10 wins calling it now. Show me the vegas line. Liberty bowl B*tch. I want UCF at home. Lets eat Houston’s lunch (we owe them one after last year) and Memphis (been there done that, cry me a river). Army (over rated) and Auburn hasnt seen our offensive scheme. Lets get their coach fired.

The sound you hear is me filling up a gas can . . . And my whiskey drink.
swampnik
Surge

Bicoastalwave wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 2:36 am :lol:
mbawavefan12 wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 2:15 am

Love it!

You think our alums dont care ? They do. But give us a reason to talk sh**. Give us a reason to storm the field & grab the gas can (if someone burns down yulman it was me). That olympic village and yulman stadium expansion will be right around the corner.

This is the first time for us to be excited in a long time. Last year we did an amazing job of finding a way to minimize excitement. This year we’re going to grab the remains of our garbage beat writers and local sports reporters and force them to watch us decimate expectations and be a top 70 team. I truly believe theres a path for us to get top 25 votes this year. We literally haven't had an offense of any kind and yet still been somewhat successful. We cant get worse, and we have amazing playmakers and dline. Hall will scheme around an average (first time) o line and we will be somewhere from average to dynamic offense. Patrick johnson and crew will eat opponents for breakfast and our secondary as alway will produce guys who step up.

8-10 wins calling it now. Show me the vegas line. Liberty bowl B*tch. I want UCF at home. Lets eat Houston’s lunch (we owe them one after last year) and Memphis (been there done that, cry me a river). Army (over rated) and Auburn hasnt seen our offensive scheme. Lets get their coach fired.

The sound you hear is me filling up a gas can . . . And my whiskey drink.
Mais si mon petit! Raison. à ta santé.
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
HoustonWave
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 11:28 pm
And with premium pricing, on both tickets and concessions, the economics can be made to equalize one of their cupcake home games. It just depends on whether LSU cares about their N.O. fan base. Maybe they don’t care, or maybe their N.O. fan base isn’t as large as many believe..
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Giving them 50% of the ticket sales at the Superdome makes it a neutral site game, which doesn't count against their maximum number of home games. There's so many things in this thread about LSU vs. Tulane that make no sense. What makes sense is playing it in the Dome every year, and both teams getting their full allotment of "home" games. If we beat them once every so often the rivalry will be fierce and the fan base for Tulane will grow in leaps and bounds. Folks young and old want an alternative to rooting for LSU.

If you build it they will come.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

DfromCT wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 8:34 am Giving them 50% of the ticket sales at the Superdome makes it a neutral site game, which doesn't count against their maximum number of home games. There's so many things in this thread about LSU vs. Tulane that make no sense. What makes sense is playing it in the Dome every year, and both teams getting their full allotment of "home" games. If we beat them once every so often the rivalry will be fierce and the fan base for Tulane will grow in leaps and bounds. Folks young and old want an alternative to rooting for LSU.

If you build it they will come.
I don’t think that is how it works for LSU. Right or wrong, they want 3 home OOC games and 1 P5 OOC game. Now on the years that the 1 OOC P5 game is played in Tiger Stad then the TU dome game would work (like when they played Cuse in TS) but the TU game could not be every year(like when they play Wisconsin in a neutral location). It stinks but unfortunately LSU has the leverage.

I present for ur entertainment and to participate. :

https://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/lsu ... /83347624/
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

mbawavefan12 wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 9:00 am
I don’t think that is how it works for LSU. Right or wrong, they want 3 home OOC games and 1 P5 OOC game. Now on the years that the 1 OOC P5 game is played in Tiger Stad then the TU dome game would work (like when they played Cuse in TS) but the TU game could not be every year(like when they play Wisconsin in a neutral location). It stinks but unfortunately LSU has the leverage.

I read through that entire thread, and other than a few snarky posters, most WANT to play Tulane regularly. They want to dictate the terms, or play all games in BR, but that's just their bravado talking nonsense. Play football in the Dome every year on Thanksgiving, call it a neutral site game for both teams and everyone benefits.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DfromCT wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 9:38 am
mbawavefan12 wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 9:00 am

I read through that entire thread, and other than a few snarky posters, most WANT to play Tulane regularly. They want to dictate the terms, or play all games in BR, but that's just their bravado talking nonsense. Play football in the Dome every year on Thanksgiving, call it a neutral site game for both teams and everyone benefits.
D, those "holiday games" are long gone, those are now dictated by Conference rivalries, that late in the season...the best Tulane could hope for is an opening week end game, but those have been mostly a game at jerry world, HOU or in ATL and comprise teams for two different geographical locations with top 20 or preseason top 20 hype....
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !