Fall Camp 2014

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Day 2

phpBB [video]

Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

OUG wrote:http://videos.nola.com/times-picayune/2 ... cart_river

http://videos.nola.com/times-picayune/2 ... cart_river

http://videos.nola.com/times-picayune/2 ... s_jon.html

That Charles Jones interview says it all about CJ's staff and their recruiting ability. Here we have what seems to be a great hard-working kid from a good family, who has maybe moved around a bit, tried a few different sports, couldn't quite find his niche, and then BOOM! Finds the right situation and goes from ONE catch as a junior to 47 catches as a senior. Nobody else was on this kid, because by the time he had done anything to get on anyone's radar, it was already December. But CJ and his team have a great relationship over there at St. Aug, they know the local area kids to a T, and his recruitment fell into our laps. Now its only two days into fall camp, so you don't want to anoint the kid or anything, but multiple media members commented on him "looking the part" and the coach and QB confirmed it. This is a feather in the staff's cap.
Encalade too. They targeted him before anyone was seriously looking at him.
AugWave
Swell

Robert1969 wrote:Tammy: https://twitter.com/tammynunez/status/4 ... 6832671744

@tammynunez: First impressions from morning: TE Charles Jones II (st Aug product) is a star as is WR Terren Encalade ...#tulane fall fball camp
It's what we do. 8-)
I don't yell. I don't scream. I don't argue. I just hit 'em over the head with a bottle.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

AugWave wrote:

@tammynunez: First impressions from morning: TE Charles Jones II (st Aug product) is a star as is WR Terren Encalade ...#tulane fall fball camp
It's what we do. 8-)
Wow! Congrats Aug!
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
AugWave
Swell

tpstulane wrote:
AugWave wrote:

It's what we do. 8-)
Wow! Congrats Aug!
If you're congratulating the school, cool. If you're congratulating me, NO. lol
I don't yell. I don't scream. I don't argue. I just hit 'em over the head with a bottle.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

AugWave wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
AugWave wrote:

It's what we do. 8-)
Wow! Congrats Aug!
If you're congratulating the school, cool. If you're congratulating me, NO. lol
Both lol
Here's one for you Aug!
TE Charles Jones looking GQ!
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Tulane Class of 1981
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

Charles Jones sure is getting a lot of attention for a single practice. Any other first hand accounts of what sounds like an entire team of playmakers at the offensive skill positions?

I've been excited about Encalade ever since I saw his tape. He's got "it".
greenphantom
Swell

UPT_Greenie ‏@UPT_Greenie 1h
New #Tulane TE Charles Jones. We are all Witnesses.

Uh, oh. This is the kiss of death. In 2 years Mr Jones will likely end up 3rd string DT...... at Mcneese :lol:
Robert1969
Riptide

I am a little bit worried that we haven't heard more about playmaking on the defense. For now, I'll take it as a sign of a much improved offense.
batonvert
Ripple

Robert1969 wrote:I am a little bit worried that we haven't heard more about playmaking on the defense. For now, I'll take it as a sign of a much improved offense.
We have not been in pads yet.
greenphantom
Swell

batonvert wrote:
Robert1969 wrote:I am a little bit worried that we haven't heard more about playmaking on the defense. For now, I'll take it as a sign of a much improved offense.
We have not been in pads yet.
Also, offense has so many question marks at the skill positions so there's more interest as to how the newcomers look in those areas
AugWave
Swell

greenphantom wrote:UPT_Greenie ‏@UPT_Greenie 1h

Uh, oh. This is the kiss of death. In 2 years Mr Jones will likely end up 3rd string DT...... at Mcneese :lol:
Don't jinx the Purple Knight :mrgreen: .
winwave
Top of the WAVE

LOL. I'm sure he enjoyed his trip to watch us win the 2012 Liberty Bowl. :mrgreen:
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Show Me wrote:
Wave QB wrote:It's amazing how Devin Powell doesn't he his respect. That kid brought life to this team and saved us from a complete embarrassment against ULL. If not for him, we would have gotten killed against the Cajuns. Devin throws some bullets when he has the time behind our awful o line. He does his beat work in the gun. The play calling was extremely questionable when he was under center as well.
I agree. Devin is a solid backup. Unfortunately most backups don't get the respect the starter gets.
I totally agree, and am comfortable with Devin as the backup. The ECU game last year, IMHO, was his coming out party. Actually, it was the OT in that game that he REALLY impressed me. The regulation time was rather pedestrian, but he was awesome in the OT's.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

winwave
Top of the WAVE

winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Can't hear a word from our players in any those videos.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote:Can't hear a word from our players in any those videos.
Turn on the volume. :mrgreen:
OUG
Riptide

http://sportsnola.com/nick-montana-star ... on-tulane/

Montana apparently has been working with Phil Simms in New Jersey this offseason, rebuilding his throwing mechanics into more of a one-piece motion. Will it help save the job for him? No way to know for sure now, but CJ is right in that it will help if these guys push eachother. What I do know is that in about a week or so, they are going to have to at least start narrowing down who is getting the most reps, and soon after, name a starter. The team needs to know who "the guy" is.
NotJtS
Low Tide

Bugg is an idiot.
Eaglewave
Swell

OUG wrote:http://sportsnola.com/nick-montana-star ... on-tulane/

Montana apparently has been working with Phil Simms in New Jersey this offseason, rebuilding his throwing mechanics into more of a one-piece motion. Will it help save the job for him? No way to know for sure now, but CJ is right in that it will help if these guys push eachother. What I do know is that in about a week or so, they are going to have to at least start narrowing down who is getting the most reps, and soon after, name a starter. The team needs to know who "the guy" is.
Montana looks bigger as well. He looks like a senior QB. I have to respect this kid for showing the heart of champion last season. This kid played behind a horrible offensive line and took a beating. But he kept getting up and trying to push down field. If Simms has gotten Montana's arm together, than Tanner and Powell better get ready for a battle. Montana can make plays with his feet as well.
Ball Sumrall!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

OUG wrote:http://sportsnola.com/nick-montana-star ... on-tulane/

I saw that report with Ed Daniels last night. That's a head scratcher that no one prior has worked on his mechanics. He came in here with a "wind-up" motion. I'm surprised Joe M never addressed this when Nick was growing up or in high school. Should he regain his arm strenght and stay healthy he could be a great asset this his final year. I'm for going with the QB that gives us the best chance to win.
Tulane Class of 1981