Cowen/Dickson: "There are no quick fixes/overnight"

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

tpstulane wrote: Looks like Tulane covered it's bases with that language....
I've noted that Cowen is very smart about what he says publicly or on the record vs what he intends to do.

JTLiuzza
Swell

mbawavefan12 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
jonathanjoseph wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
DfromCT wrote:Does anyone know where we can obtain a copy of the bond prospectus? If they claimed to have 25k or 27k seats in the prospectus, and the real number is 22.7k, then there's fraud being committed. If/when the Fire Marshall gives the CO, we'll all know better.

Tammy, how about some decent investigative reporting on this rather than just taking their words as fact?
It's too long to post but I just read it and here's a screen shot of the 25,000 mention..........
But it says up to 25,000, meaning I guess it could be less.....

Remarkable. In the legal documentation it says "up to 25K seats" but I guarantee you at least 80% of posters here would have thought "25K seats or more" was the reality as recently as last week.
+1
Looks like Tulane covered it's bases with that language....
So when Yvette Jones, Executive VP for University Relations, emailed an alum saying it would be over 25k, she was just flat out lying?????? How do these people sleep at night.
I hate to keep going into it because the guy is finally gone but that was the culture created by Scott Cowen. What bothered me immensely as a Tulane alum and will always bother me is that they not only hired such a man, which could happen in any organization, but after he revealed himself to be that kind of an operator they kept him on and even lauded him. Changed my perception of my alma mater. Hope springs eternal though. New leadership, eventually changes on the board. It would be nice to see some integrity coming out of Gibson Hall for a change.
The second commandment has not been abrogated.
Fred Dowler
Riptide

JTLiuzza wrote:
mbawavefan12 wrote:
tpstulane wrote: So when Yvette Jones, Executive VP for University Relations, emailed an alum saying it would be over 25k, she was just flat out lying?????? How do these people sleep at night.
I hate to keep going into it because the guy is finally gone but that was the culture created by Scott Cowen. What bothered me immensely as a Tulane alum and will always bother me is that they not only hired such a man, which could happen in any organization, but after he revealed himself to be that kind of an operator they kept him on and even lauded him. Changed my perception of my alma mater. Hope springs eternal though. New leadership, eventually changes on the board. It would be nice to see some integrity coming out of Gibson Hall for a change.
So well said, and especially that it isn't just what Cowen did but even more important how he operated and indeed about a whole culture set up by him. One might have thought that he would have come out of the whole episode in 2003 fairly chastened and so on but the opposite turned out to be the case. And, like you, I was really struck by how much, instead of being more wary of him once they had seen him operate, most of the TU family ate up his routine more than ever, and, my perceptions changed, also. Yes, let's hope for change, though I don't think that you could realistically expect that to take place very quickly.
Tulane sports: small football stadium, very small basketball arena, w̶i̶n̶n̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶g̶r̶a̶m̶s̶, h̶o̶n̶e̶s̶t̶y̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶c̶c̶o̶u̶n̶t̶a̶b̶i̶l̶i̶t̶y̶ , but, hey, now there's tailgating.