Baseball uniforms

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Wave755
Tsunami

CoachBrockhoff wrote:We could bring these back.

Adidas has brought back this style giving Louisville and Miss. State new "Astro" Striped Jerseys.

I know Virginia Tech also has a set.
Reminds me of the Earthshoes craze, I hated Earthshoes!

IM42lane
Swell

CoachBrockhoff wrote:I like the solid and sleeveless look

Do not like the side panels

Both of the GREY tops are great, and they are both 'sluggerbird' jerseys.

There is NOTHING AT ALL wrong with the 'sluggerbird' jerseys. The pelican is the Louisiana state bird, and it may look homely to most of you, but the pelican is a symbol of survival along the Louisiana Gulf coast. The pelican is a secondary mascot of The Tulane University of Louisiana, and should be shown wherever practical.

Now, after that being said, . . . why are we arguing about jerseys and uniforms? We should be arguing about getting more players on the roster who can hit in a timely way, field their positions, pitch well, and score runs when they get on base. Uniforms will not produce more wins, better players will.

Now put this uniform issue to bed. The bottom line is that Tulane needs better players in the lineup, period.
Regards,
"Pete" Madere
TXWave88
Surge

Only problem I have ever had with the uniforms is that it is a cartoon copy of the St Louis Cardinals. It seemed RJ wanted to be La Russa even with his own look with the dark shaded glasses. I think they look just fine, but I just dont like the Cardinals in general. I like the Astro-esque, but for the most part, keep it simple. Eliminate any side panel crap on any jersey for any Tulane team. It usually does not look good.
2ndGenWave
High Tide

Don't take your hatred of the Cardinals out on a great uniform. Many college baseball uniforms are carbon copies of MLB uniform and copying one of the most historic uniforms in baseball is a great idea. I'm not against adding a retro third or fourth jersey, but the birds on the bat is a top line uniform.
TXWave88
Surge

2ndGenWave wrote:Don't take your hatred of the Cardinals out on a great uniform. Many college baseball uniforms are carbon copies of MLB uniform and copying one of the most historic uniforms in baseball is a great idea. I'm not against adding a retro third or fourth jersey, but the birds on the bat is a top line uniform.
Easier said than done :lol:
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

“Best in the country”
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
ajcalhoun
Swell

How old is that picture? Do we still wear the Combover-T on our caps?
God Bless Everyone!
Profoundwizard
Swell

ajcalhoun wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:32 pm How old is that picture? Do we still wear the Combover-T on our caps?
It’s either from last year or the year before considering that Sal Gozzo is the player in the picture.
No we don’t wear those hats any longrt
pansdad
Ripple

I don't care if they wear underware (green of course) as long as they WIN.
pansdad
Ripple

Anyone from Texas who hates the Cardinals should look up history. Houston was a Cardinal farm team for many years. I am happy that the Astros are doing well,, but to hate one of the greatest baseball franchises in history is not productive in my opinion. The Astoro's general manager is a product of the Cardinal organization. To HATE is again not productive unless you HATE the Yankees :-)
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

pansdad wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:47 pm Anyone from Texas who hates the Cardinals should look up history. Houston was a Cardinal farm team for many years. I am happy that the Astros are doing well,, but to hate one of the greatest baseball franchises in history is not productive in my opinion. The Astoro's general manager is a product of the Cardinal organization. To HATE is again not productive unless you HATE the Yankees :-)
I hate that the name was changed from the Colt 45's to the Astros ... hell, Johnson Space Center is not even in Houston, it is in Clear Lake, not far from Galveston...UH was suppose to close the current Campus and move to Clear Lake, the city of Houston gave them tax breaks and subsidities to stay at the present location...UH does have a campus in Clear lake not far from Mission Control...Ellington Air Force base is located in Clear lake next to I-45, that is where all astronauts flew out of when going to Florida for their missions...when the Shuttle would land in California, the jumbo jet carring it back to Florida would land at Ellingotn for re-fueling, it would take a low, slow turn around Houston before heading out over the Gulf so many could see the shuttle
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
HoustonWave
Tsunami

pansdad wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:47 pm Anyone from Texas who hates the Cardinals should look up history. Houston was a Cardinal farm team for many years. I am happy that the Astros are doing well,, but to hate one of the greatest baseball franchises in history is not productive in my opinion. The Astoro's general manager is a product of the Cardinal organization. To HATE is again not productive unless you HATE the Yankees :-)
And while highlighting connections between the Cardinals and Astros, we shouldn’t forget that it was the Cardinals that recently hacked into the Astros computer systems—inducing fines and penalties from MLB.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana