Fitts on Athletics

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
LSU-MD
Low Tide
Posts: 125
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:16 am
Status: Offline

Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:30 pm

I will ask once more...is the area in front of the Riley center, where the original Tulane Stadium Filed was located, is that large enough for an IPF ?... If so put at University of Texas type IPF on that sport, minimal infrastructure require, since it is an inflatable bubble and use the 50 yard, plus end zones practice filed for your new second floor football offices / meeting rooms and ground floor wight and training facility. if this is built, have the offices overlook Yulman and the meeting rooms facing Turchin (no windows required)..as I noted previously, TCU's IPF is not 100 yards long, only 80
1. I highly doubt Tulane tears down a 10yr baseball stadium that is one of the best in college baseball, but if Tulane did it would give plenty of room.
2. The Reilly field does not look large enough, but if you tore down the existing parking garage and built a new 2 or 3 story garage that also covers the reilly field there would be enough room. Tulane could then put practice fields on top of the new garage just like some smaller schools built their rec facilities.
Image
Image
Image
Image
If Tulane doesn't do that for football facilities, it might be a good idea to tear down Reilly and build a new rec center on the field location and put a softball and soccer/football field on the roof.
3. The easiest thing is just to build a Football Operations Center and practice fields at the Jefferson Highway property. Then build a joint indoor track and IPF(i.e. Vandy or Marshall). There is room and the football facilities can be added on at a later date if Tulane decides to continue proceeding with an olympic village before football facilities.
Image
Image


JDTulane
Riptide
Posts: 4370
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:08 pm
Status: Offline

Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:25 pm

Brown field, in front of Reily, has to stay. Its a helicopter landing pad for emergency purposes ive heard and is required.
Image
JDTulane
Riptide
Posts: 4370
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:08 pm
Status: Offline

Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:26 pm

I'll have to find the original message as my explanation seems incomplete
Image
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave
Posts: 9299
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:54 pm
Status: Offline

Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:02 pm

Got an email that a Peggy Babin, Associate Dean of 17 years has resigned, effective Monday. More evidence that the Fitts housecleaning continues.
User avatar
Green Wave
Swell
Posts: 2137
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:44 am
Status: Offline

Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:30 pm

jonathanjoseph wrote:Got an email that a Peggy Babin, Associate Dean of 17 years has resigned, effective Monday. More evidence that the Fitts housecleaning continues.
Not even close you big efing rumor mongering hack.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/peggy-bab ... NlYwNzYw--

The Headline:
Peggy A. Babin Joins Valmiki Capital to Launch New Orleans Based Venture Capital Funds
The facts:
NEW ORLEANS, LA and NEW YORK, NY--(Marketwired - January 29, 2016) - Today Valmiki Capital Management LP, a New York based asset management company, announced that Peggy A. Babin will join the firm as President and CEO of Valmiki 504 LLC, a newly formed subsidiary to run its venture capital operations in New Orleans. Ms. Babin will be joining Valmiki after a stellar tenure at Tulane University where she was Associate Dean at the A. B. Freeman School of Business. She will join Valmiki on February 1st, 2016 and will recruit a team to work with local portfolio companies and bring to fruition Valmiki's aim of bringing world class investing expertise and connections to the New Orleans startup ecosystem.
Oh I can't wait to here you spin this one! :mrgreen:
The official word from the Fire Marshal on Yulman Stadium is 30k in capacity.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave
Posts: 9299
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:54 pm
Status: Offline

Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:58 pm

Green Wave wrote:
jonathanjoseph wrote:Got an email that a Peggy Babin, Associate Dean of 17 years has resigned, effective Monday. More evidence that the Fitts housecleaning continues.
Not even close you big efing rumor mongering hack.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/peggy-bab ... NlYwNzYw--

The Headline:
Peggy A. Babin Joins Valmiki Capital to Launch New Orleans Based Venture Capital Funds
The facts:
NEW ORLEANS, LA and NEW YORK, NY--(Marketwired - January 29, 2016) - Today Valmiki Capital Management LP, a New York based asset management company, announced that Peggy A. Babin will join the firm as President and CEO of Valmiki 504 LLC, a newly formed subsidiary to run its venture capital operations in New Orleans. Ms. Babin will be joining Valmiki after a stellar tenure at Tulane University where she was Associate Dean at the A. B. Freeman School of Business. She will join Valmiki on February 1st, 2016 and will recruit a team to work with local portfolio companies and bring to fruition Valmiki's aim of bringing world class investing expertise and connections to the New Orleans startup ecosystem.
Oh I can't wait to here you spin this one! :mrgreen:
LOL you're here to make a fool of yourself! Welcome!

Please do explain what I'm supposed to be thinking. This oughta be good.
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 17930
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:13 pm

Tulane extension for President Fitts:
From Doug Hertz
Board of Tulane Chair
On behalf of the Board of Administrators of Tulane University, I am pleased to announce that we have completed a new contractual agreement with President Mike Fitts that will run through the academic year ending June 30, 2023. Mike’s ability to build on the strong foundation and legacy of Tulane’s success post-Katrina have become apparent to all of us. These past few years that Mike has served as President of Tulane University have been nothing short of transformative. Our national rankings have risen dramatically during this period. Each year our incoming classes have broken records in terms of their academic achievements and their level of civic engagement. The diversity of our incoming classes has also increased substantially as Tulane is attracting top students from all backgrounds.
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
Aberzombie1892
Swell
Posts: 1722
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 8:16 pm
Location: Houston, TX
Status: Offline

Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:17 pm

tpstulane wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:13 pm
Tulane extension for President Fitts:
From Doug Hertz
Board of Tulane Chair
On behalf of the Board of Administrators of Tulane University, I am pleased to announce that we have completed a new contractual agreement with President Mike Fitts that will run through the academic year ending June 30, 2023. Mike’s ability to build on the strong foundation and legacy of Tulane’s success post-Katrina have become apparent to all of us. These past few years that Mike has served as President of Tulane University have been nothing short of transformative. Our national rankings have risen dramatically during this period. Each year our incoming classes have broken records in terms of their academic achievements and their level of civic engagement. The diversity of our incoming classes has also increased substantially as Tulane is attracting top students from all backgrounds.
On this note - everyone please do not forget to donate to Tulane by June 30th, as doing so will impact Tulane's undergrad US News ranking since that ranking system includes the percentage of alumni that have donated as a variable that is counted. This means that even if you only want to or are only able to donate $1, it would help Tulane's rank.
Pepper
Surge
Posts: 683
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:38 pm
Status: Offline

Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:01 pm

Aberzombie1892 wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:17 pm
tpstulane wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:13 pm
Tulane extension for President Fitts:
From Doug Hertz
Board of Tulane Chair
On behalf of the Board of Administrators of Tulane University, I am pleased to announce that we have completed a new contractual agreement with President Mike Fitts that will run through the academic year ending June 30, 2023. Mike’s ability to build on the strong foundation and legacy of Tulane’s success post-Katrina have become apparent to all of us. These past few years that Mike has served as President of Tulane University have been nothing short of transformative. Our national rankings have risen dramatically during this period. Each year our incoming classes have broken records in terms of their academic achievements and their level of civic engagement. The diversity of our incoming classes has also increased substantially as Tulane is attracting top students from all backgrounds.
On this note - everyone please do not forget to donate to Tulane by June 30th, as doing so will impact Tulane's undergrad US News ranking since that ranking system includes the percentage of alumni that have donated as a variable that is counted. This means that even if you only want to or are only able to donate $1, it would help Tulane's rank.
gee, nothing about athletics?
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 17930
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:08 pm

Pepper wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:01 pm
Aberzombie1892 wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:17 pm
tpstulane wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:13 pm
Tulane extension for President Fitts:
From Doug Hertz
Board of Tulane Chair
On behalf of the Board of Administrators of Tulane University, I am pleased to announce that we have completed a new contractual agreement with President Mike Fitts that will run through the academic year ending June 30, 2023. Mike’s ability to build on the strong foundation and legacy of Tulane’s success post-Katrina have become apparent to all of us. These past few years that Mike has served as President of Tulane University have been nothing short of transformative. Our national rankings have risen dramatically during this period. Each year our incoming classes have broken records in terms of their academic achievements and their level of civic engagement. The diversity of our incoming classes has also increased substantially as Tulane is attracting top students from all backgrounds.
On this note - everyone please do not forget to donate to Tulane by June 30th, as doing so will impact Tulane's undergrad US News ranking since that ranking system includes the percentage of alumni that have donated as a variable that is counted. This means that even if you only want to or are only able to donate $1, it would help Tulane's rank.
gee, nothing about athletics?
6 straight losing seasons in men’s ticketed sports will do that. At least academics continue to improve and remain successful.
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 12448
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:54 pm

That's good news. May he reach his goal of raising another Billion for the endowment.
Let's Do This!
Post Reply