Northshore Boosters

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
GreenLantern
Riptide

I have heard that Curtis Johnson along with other coaches (and perhaps a former player or two) will be at the Wine Market on Gause Blvd. in Slidell on Monday, June 2nd. It sounds like a great chance to visit with the coach while he rallies the troops on the Northshore. When I get more info, I will post it within this thread.

Roll Wave!

Dave breslin
Swell

Thanks for the heads up. Its good to see that our coach is going farther than our idiot AD can get broadcasting to promote the athletic programs.
CoachBrockhoff
High Tide

We have a Northshore Booster Club?
BC Wave
Swell

To my knowledge there is no club. The OP stated "boosters", and obviously we have some on the Northshore. Several of them belong to Greenbakers who meet at Sportsbeat in Metairie (near the causeway) and some are in the Ray Hester Club that meets at Bayou Barrier CC in Belle Chasse.

Maybe a successful meeting with CJ will evolve into a club on the Northshore.
GreenLantern
Riptide

Just got more info on this. It will be at 7pm on Tuesday June 2 at the Wine Market on Gause Blvd in Slidell. There will be complimentary food. Curtis Johnson and Rick Dickson will be there along with some former players. It sounds as if this is intended as an outreach/morale builder for Tulane alumni and fans on the Northshore. Hope to see you there!
CoachBrockhoff
High Tide

GreenLantern wrote:Just got more info on this. It will be at 7pm on Tuesday June 2 at the Wine Market on Gause Blvd in Slidell. There will be complimentary food. Curtis Johnson and Rick Dickson will be there along with some former players. It sounds as if this is intended as an outreach/morale builder for Tulane alumni and fans on the Northshore. Hope to see you there!
June 2nd is a Monday.

I'm playing that night.
:(
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

I'll be there.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
JerseyWave
Riptide

GreenLantern wrote:Just got more info on this. It will be at 7pm on Tuesday June 2 at the Wine Market on Gause Blvd in Slidell. There will be complimentary food. Curtis Johnson and Rick Dickson will be there along with some former players. It sounds as if this is intended as an outreach/morale builder for Tulane alumni and fans on the Northshore. Hope to see you there!

If any one in your booster club has any guts, you'll make it a very uncomfortable evening for Rick Dickson. I would grill that idiot mercilessly until he decided he had to leave. Please Rick, come speak to an alumni group in the Northeast. I will be there!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

JerseyWave wrote:

If any one in your booster club has any guts, you'll make it a very uncomfortable evening for Rick Dickson. I would grill that idiot mercilessly until he decided he had to leave. Please Rick, come speak to an alumni group in the Northeast. I will be there!
First of all it's not a booster club. This is being organized by a group of Tulane fans living on the Northshore. They are trying to build and increase the Tulane fan base. The Northshore is loaded with young families with money, many invited have no current connection with Tulane. For many it will be there first time meeting CJ. Why would any guest come out if they are expected to get grilled? There is a time and place for that, but this isn't it.
Tulane Class of 1981
JerseyWave
Riptide

It absolutely is the time and the place to grill Dickson. He's there looking for money and to sell tickets to Tulane events. You have to ask him the tough questions...Conroy's contract extension, fixing the once proud baseball program, Stadium seating capacity and future expansion, future non conference opponents, the game LSU owes us, what about the athletes village. Dickson has a lot of explaining to do!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

JerseyWave wrote:It absolutely is the time and the place to grill Dickson. He's there looking for money and to sell tickets to Tulane events. You have to ask him the tough questions...Conroy's contract extension, fixing the once proud baseball program, Stadium seating capacity and future expansion, future non conference opponents, the game LSU owes us, what about the athletes village. Dickson has a lot of explaining to do!
Just trying to have a positive event here. He's being invited. He's not selling or fund raising. He and CJ could have passed. Like I said there is a time and place for the grilling but this isn't what it's about.
Tulane Class of 1981
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote:
JerseyWave wrote:It absolutely is the time and the place to grill Dickson. He's there looking for money and to sell tickets to Tulane events. You have to ask him the tough questions...Conroy's contract extension, fixing the once proud baseball program, Stadium seating capacity and future expansion, future non conference opponents, the game LSU owes us, what about the athletes village. Dickson has a lot of explaining to do!
Just trying to have a positive event here. He's being invited. He's not selling or fund raising. He and CJ could have passed. Like I said there is a time and place for the grilling but this isn't what it's about.
I agree but RD brings this sort of animosity onto himself by providing no information, no clear strategy or access.

Horrible communicator, can't hire coaches, awful at marketing, terrible when it comes to extending/firing coaches at the right time.....it's bad.
GreenLantern
Riptide

CoachBrockhoff wrote:
June 2nd is a Monday.

I'm playing that night.
:(

My bad. June 2nd is indeed a Monday.
IM42lane
Swell

In about two years, I will be moving out of Red Stick and into the North Shore area (most likely Hammond).

It would be nice if someone could inform the general Tulane faithful if the North Shore area is revving up its support for the Wave.

I sometimes refer to the North Shore as 'North Metairie'.
Regards,
"Pete" Madere
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

IM42lane wrote:In about two years, I will be moving out of Red Stick and into the North Shore area (most likely Hammond).

It would be nice if someone could inform the general Tulane faithful if the North Shore area is revving up its support for the Wave.

That's the plan....
Tulane Class of 1981
IM42lane
Swell

tpstulane wrote:
IM42lane wrote:In about two years, I will be moving out of Red Stick and into the North Shore area (most likely Hammond).

That's the plan....
OK, then, . . who is the BMFIC leading this effort (e-mail) ?
Regards,
"Pete" Madere
IM42lane
Swell

IM42lane wrote:
tpstulane wrote:

That's the plan....

I only ask this because the Baton Rouge GW Club has been lifeless for many years now.
Regards,
"Pete" Madere
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

IM42lane wrote:
tpstulane wrote:

That's the plan....
I will PM you that info.
Tulane Class of 1981
IM42lane
Swell

tpstulane wrote:
IM42lane wrote:
tpstulane wrote:

That's the plan....
I will PM you that info.

Thank you, sir. ROLL WAVE!!!!
Regards,
"Pete" Madere
CoachBrockhoff
High Tide

IM42lane wrote: 'North Metairie'.
The traffic on Gause looks like North Metry!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

A TULANE GREEN WAVE RALLY ON THE NORTHSHORE
Come join the fun on Monday, June 2nd, as Tulane head football coach, Curtis Johnson (C. J.), Athletic director Rick Dickson, and other TU staff members visit Slidell and bring us the latest on Tulane athletics and Green Wave football.
Whether you are a TU fan or not, this is a great opportunity to meet the coach, here about the new on campus stadium, and make new friends in a cordial and fun filled atmosphere.
The evening will consist of the guest speakers, some free give-a-ways, food and just some good old conversation. Drinks will be available for purchase.
Help us spread the word! SEE YOU THERE!
ITINERARY
WHEN: Monday June 2nd
WHERE: The Wine Market, 2051 E. Gause Blvd., Slidell La.
TIME: 6:30 pm (guest speakers will begin at 7:00 pm)
Hosted by: Jack Hutchinson
Arty Polo, Jr.
Doug and Michelle Reker (owners of the Wine Market)
Tulane Athletics
For additional information: Call 985-645-9849
Tulane Class of 1981
CoachBrockhoff
High Tide

My team is playing at Fontainebleau that night.
:|
GreenLantern
Riptide

Free food: red beans and rice; Randazzo's king cake for dessert (olive and blue colors of course!). Hope there's a great turnout and show of support for CJ and Tulane athletics. Look forward to seeing you there!

GreenLantern
Riptide

Great fun tonight and an exceptional turnout of 80-100 folks - most of whom were wearing Tulane colors. Arty Polo really coordinated a nice event. BTW, I had to ask Coach Johnson to let me try on that Super Bowl ring.

tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

GreenLantern wrote:Great fun tonight and an exceptional turnout of 80-100 folks - most of whom were wearing Tulane colors. Arty Polo really coordinated a nice event. BTW, I had to ask Coach Johnson to let me try on that Super Bowl ring.
Congrats to all involved. One of the best Tulane events I've ever attended. Very impressive!
Great story from CJ as to how he found out about Tanner Lee! I'll tell it on the Tanner Lee thread later.
Tulane Class of 1981