Tulane Football Coach's show to be on Ch 4 TV in the Fall!

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Great news! Finally getting back on Network TV.
Last edited by tpstulane on Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Good to be back on TV at all after a few years away.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote:Good to be back on TV at all after a few years away.
+1
They just ran a quick TV commercial on Ch 4 before the NCAA title game tonight. "Coming this fall the Tulane coaches show will be on WWL TV Ch 4"
Tulane Class of 1981
IM42lane
Swell

That is just fine, although I wish they were doing that on WVUE instead.
Regards,
"Pete" Madere
Robert1969
Riptide

IM42lane wrote:That is just fine, although I wish they were doing that on WVUE instead.
Is channel four no longer the ratings leader in New Orleans? Because we should want the most eyeballs possible.
BC Wave
Swell

Robert1969 wrote:
IM42lane wrote:That is just fine, although I wish they were doing that on WVUE instead.
Is channel four no longer the ratings leader in New Orleans? Because we should want the most eyeballs possible.
I assume there's sarcasm in your question, but just in case it's straight, Ch. 4 owns the ratings in nola.
Jonathan
Riptide

There is a promotion today before the Masters on WWL TV advertising the Tulane Coaches Show this fall on WWl TV. This is great for Tulane football,recruiting,fan support and CJ.
Hornetswave
Low Tide

awsome!!!!!!!!!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Already here......
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5439
Tulane Class of 1981
Wave755
Tsunami

I also saw that advertisement but at another time on WWL, we haven't had a coaches show since I believe Bowden's show in 1998? And, I recall Bowden's show was on WHNO then Cox 20, WWL is a massive step up and this will without question be great for our program.
Jonathan
Riptide

When Toledo was here he never took any calls on his radio show and did not subscribe to the local newspaper because he did not want to hear how bad that he was. This is true.
DaveBrownStreak
High Tide

Jonathan wrote:When Toledo was here he never took any calls on his radio show and did not subscribe to the local newspaper because he did not want to hear how bad that he was. This is true.
Wah Wah......that was almost 3 seasons ago....its over.....let it go......just like the posters here that keep harping on the stadium.....its done......and as the Eagles say in their song:

GET OVER IT, GET OVER IT!!! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Jonathan
Riptide

Do not tell me what to do! Get a life. I have witnessed Andy Pilney,Tommy O'Boyle, Jim Pittman,Bennie Ellender,Larry Smith,Vegas Vince Gibson,Mack Brown,Greg Davis, Buddy Teevens. Forget English,Toledo and Scelfo. A lot of memories of Tulane football.
Dupergreenie
Surge

Jonathan wrote:Do not tell me what to do! Get a life. I have witnessed Andy Pilney,Tommy O'Boyle, Jim Pittman,Bennie Ellender,Larry Smith,Vegas Vince Gibson,Mack Brown,Greg Davis, Buddy Teevens. Forget English,Toledo and Scelfo. A lot of memories of Tulane football.

DUDE! YOU need to get a life. You constantly complain about the same two things on here. Sing a different song or SHUT THE FU(K UP!
rollinggreen
High Tide

I think you need anger management Mr. Duper!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

makes no difference what station the show is on , if nobody watches... hell Duck Dynasty is on A/E not channel 4 and they still get ratings !!!!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

This is good news and getting on WWL makes it even better.

OUG this issue is another good example of what I said in the other post. I was the first to criticize Tulane for not having a TV show. Of course many immediately responded that "it doesn't matter in this day and age". Now that was said even though the best still had TV shows. Now we get a show again and people are all excited. Maybe we would have had one a lot sooner if we all had jumped Tulane's shit for not having one when it first happened.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Dupergreenie
Surge

rollinggreen wrote:I think you need anger management Mr. Duper!
Not quite. It's just this guy post about the same two things and calls people out, yet when I told him to meet me in person to talk face to face he coward down. He adds nothing to this board but incoherent rambling.
OUG
Riptide

winwave wrote:This is good news and getting on WWL makes it even better.

OUG this issue is another good example of what I said in the other post. I was the first to criticize Tulane for not having a TV show. Of course many immediately responded that "it doesn't matter in this day and age". Now that was said even though the best still had TV shows. Now we get a show again and people are all excited. Maybe we would have had one a lot sooner if we all had jumped Tulane's sh*t for not having one when it first happened.
I also have been critical of the lack of TV show since forever.
Robert1969
Riptide

BC Wave wrote:
Robert1969 wrote:
I assume there's sarcasm in your question, but just in case it's straight, Ch. 4 owns the ratings in nola.
That's the way it has always been, which makes me perplexed about why someone would prefer WVUE. I no longer live in New Orleans, so why would WVUE be better than a powerhouse like WWL?
Jonathan
Riptide

Tulane is not going to get major coverage on the top tv stations and two newspapers in New Orleans until it unloads Rick Dickson,Conroy,Jones and to a lesser extent Stockton since no one cares about ladies basketball. When we are in the top 25 in the nation in each sport we will get attention. Presently Tulane major sports other than football is a disaster.
sader24
Tsunami

Tom Benson owns WVUE.
Jonathan
Riptide

We all know that. What difference does that make. Benson only looks at his net income from his investment. The station manager only wants to put on the air what give the station top rankings/ratings that turns into more income. Obviously not Tulane sports.