Fire Ed Conroy!

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Let's remove the ?. He needs to go and the fear of RD doing the hiring is the wrong mindset. RD should have been fired before 2005. It's time to take it public. People need to write letters to the editor,call radio shows,comment after articles on nola.com and the Advocate. People fearing hiring another coach is the wrong mindset. It should make you want to get Dickson fired so we can make the next hire. Otherwise if you think things are bad now wait till next year.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
waveclem
Surge

Arrest Rick Dickson and push Cowen off a cliff. That is all.
Jonathan
Riptide

Amen! amen!
wave to em
Surge

Yep...conroy needs to go. And the baseball team is absolutely pathetic this year. Its crazy how football is the universitys best sport now...and we went one game over 500 in football...this is sad...hopefully football can continue to do well bc the mbb and baseball team is a joke
CuJo.
#SickEmWave
Jonathan
Riptide

I agree with you on all your comments. Tulane football is the only program that I support now and strongly. CJ has excellent assistant coaches and he is slowly but steadily building the program with for now three star blue chip athletes that are much stronger and faster than previous Chris Scelfo and Bob Toledo teams that were terrible recruits and poorly coached.
wave97
Swell

Who cares? Seriously....who cares?
Jonathan
Riptide

99.9 percent of the Tulane fans on this board care about the direction of our men's basketball program as we enter a great basketball league the AAC next year!
JerseyWave
Riptide

We probably have to get rid of Rick Dickson before we can get rid of Ed Comanroy.
OUG
Riptide

JerseyWave wrote:We probably have to get rid of Rick Dickson before we can get rid of Ed Comanroy.
Conmanroy is a pretty dumb nickname for him.

He's a terrible basketball coach, ok. But he does work hard and I'm sure he's a great guy, he is just in over his head. Do you feel "conned" by him? Really?

I'd expect nothing less from you though
tnelly15
Riptide

A con man could probably recruit.
Fred Dowler
Riptide

OUG wrote:
JerseyWave wrote:We probably have to get rid of Rick Dickson before we can get rid of Ed Comanroy.

He's a terrible basketball coach, ok. But he does work hard and I'm sure he's a great guy, he is just in over his head. Do you feel "conned" by him? Really?

You're probably right there.

It isn't really Ed Conroy who's perpetrating a con here so much as it is a certain university president and his athletics director and also a certain director of a certain internet sports fan forum and others in his crew who are.
Tulane sports: small football stadium, very small basketball arena, w̶i̶n̶n̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶g̶r̶a̶m̶s̶, h̶o̶n̶e̶s̶t̶y̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶c̶c̶o̶u̶n̶t̶a̶b̶i̶l̶i̶t̶y̶ , but, hey, now there's tailgating.
OUG
Riptide

Fred Dowler wrote:
OUG wrote:

You're probably right there.

It isn't really Ed Conroy who's perpetrating a con here so much as it is a certain university president and his athletics director and also a certain director of a certain internet sports fan forum and others in his crew who are.
I'm not sure I agree with that either, but at least it is a defensible position. Conroy's just bad at his job, and its a dumb nickname.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Saw a few Tulane assistant coaches today in Lake Charles recruiting the State Championship games at McNeese.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Jonathan
Riptide

That is great news. Like Mack Brown when he was here at Tulane( which LSU A&M was upset about) we are going for the best in Louisiana and we will succeed!
msdos
Swell

from the other forum
In 4 years, we've beaten ONE top 100 team and 5 top 150 teams (and 3 of those are in the 140s).
everyday he remains employed is our athletic director saying he endorses this performance
Fred Dowler
Riptide

msdos wrote:from the other forum
In 4 years, we've beaten ONE top 100 team and 5 top 150 teams (and 3 of those are in the 140s).
everyday he remains employed is our athletic director saying he endorses this performance
Seems obvious that TU has no or pretty low ambitions in bball.

Does TU really have the "want to" to be running with the big dog programs, e.g. UConn, Cincinnati?

It just seems like those programs are on entirely different planet from where TU is.
Tulane sports: small football stadium, very small basketball arena, w̶i̶n̶n̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶g̶r̶a̶m̶s̶, h̶o̶n̶e̶s̶t̶y̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶c̶c̶o̶u̶n̶t̶a̶b̶i̶l̶i̶t̶y̶ , but, hey, now there's tailgating.
wavemania
Surge

Seems too late to be at the championship for this year. Most of the seniors are already signed. If this moron just went after the best Catholic League players, he would have at least a .500 win team in the AAC next year. Riverside and Country Day have some very good players also. Corchianni kid would be a steal. His father was a heck of a player back in the day for UNO
ajcalhoun
Swell

OUG wrote: its a dumb nickname.
God Bless Everyone!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

wavemania wrote:Seems too late to be at the championship for this year. Most of the seniors are already signed. If this moron just went after the best Catholic League players, he would have at least a .500 win team in the AAC next year. Riverside and Country Day have some very good players also. Corchianni kid would be a steal. His father was a heck of a player back in the day for UNO
Madison Prep team is loaded. They have no seniors.
Tulane Class of 1981
Jonathan
Riptide

He has that Citadel mentality and does not recruit the best local players as CJ does.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Let's go back 4 years in time. Ed Conroy was the only guy that wanted the Tulane job. Four or five others passed.
Tulane Class of 1981
JDTulane
Riptide

Guy needed to leave last year.
Jonathan
Riptide

I agree is it useless I presume to email Rick Dickson and tell him how we all feel? He never returns your emails or telephone calls unless you contribute over $100,00 per year. At the least please Rick do not renew any coaches contracts until our new President takes over in July. Rick Dickson and all coaches except CJ turn in your resignations at the end of the baseball season or sooner! I miss not having Tulane men's and women's basketball in March Madness and Tulane baseball on its way to a super regional and Omaha! How long ago was that?
DrBox
Riptide

tpstulane wrote:Let's go back 4 years in time. Ed Conroy was the only guy that wanted the Tulane job. Four or five others passed.
Tim Floyd wanted it, didn't he, but for the codicil insisted upon by Cowen?
Jonathan
Riptide

I am sure this post will be moved but U La La in overtime today won the Bealch Championship and on the way to the NCAA tournament. Couple this with their top 10 position nationally in baseball and defeating us in the New Orleans Bowl. . Many years ago Tulane blew out these Louisiana directional schools in all sports. Sadly we now are at the bottom of the heap! Thanks Scott Cowen and Rick Dickson.