Yulman Stadium (Benson Field)

JerseyWave
Riptide

Re: Yulman Stadium (Benson Field)

Postby JerseyWave » Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:50 pm

Still waiting for a letter of apology from Scott Cowen for hiring Chris Scelfo over RR, 15 years of Rick Dickson, and the 2003 review.

winwave
Green Wave

Postby winwave » Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:18 pm

Somebody needs to add jerk to the Cowen Circle signs. :mrgreen:

It's the facilities stupid!

golfnut69
Tsunami

Postby golfnut69 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:28 am

winwave wrote:Somebody needs to add jerk to the Cowen Circle signs. :mrgreen:

Is that sign still hanging ?...Damn, the students head to Lee Circle to protest , yet they allow this criminals name to be associated with their university...and to think, they are the future of this country...good thing I am old !!!!

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !

wave97
Swell

Postby wave97 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:46 am

https://www.flickr.com/photos/tulanesally/14463710701
Here's a visual template for anyone handy with sheet metal:

golfnut69
Tsunami

Postby golfnut69 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:14 am

wave97 wrote:https://www.flickr.com/photos/tulanesally/14463710701
Here's a visual template for anyone handy with sheet metal:

Scott and Marge are only missing two things....A Blindfold and a Cigarette....

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !

mbawavefan12
Tsunami

Postby mbawavefan12 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:32 am

New MLS team in Atlanta will play their inaugural season at Georgia Tech's downtown football stadium. A pro soccer team (either MLS or the next level down) would work really well in NOLA. The MLS season goes from about February to Oct so many games could be played with the students gone. Pipe dream I know. In fact I heard RD say on the radio that the stadium is not wide enough for soccer, brilliant planning.

OUG
Riptide

Postby OUG » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:50 pm

mbawavefan12 wrote:New MLS team in Atlanta will play their inaugural season at Georgia Tech's downtown football stadium. A pro soccer team (either MLS or the next level down) would work really well in NOLA. The MLS season goes from about February to Oct so many games could be played with the students gone. Pipe dream I know. In fact I heard RD say on the radio that the stadium is not wide enough for soccer, brilliant planning.

We can't even get one HS game a year due to nimby issues, and you're talking about an MLS season.

Yulman stadium could be Stamford Bridge and a pro soccer team would never play a game there.

mbawavefan12
Tsunami

Postby mbawavefan12 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:52 pm

OUG wrote:
mbawavefan12 wrote:New MLS team in Atlanta will play their inaugural season at Georgia Tech's downtown football stadium. A pro soccer team (either MLS or the next level down) would work really well in NOLA. The MLS season goes from about February to Oct so many games could be played with the students gone. Pipe dream I know. In fact I heard RD say on the radio that the stadium is not wide enough for soccer, brilliant planning.

We can't even get one HS game a year due to nimby issues, and you're talking about an MLS season.

Yulman stadium could be Stamford Bridge and a pro soccer team would never play a game there.

NIMBYs would probably prefer the MLS crowd over the high school kids.

My point was only that other urban schools do it, just another data point for TD to start bringing in other revenue streams.

GreenPuddleSplash
Surge

Postby GreenPuddleSplash » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:17 pm

mbawavefan12 wrote:
OUG wrote:

My point was only that other urban schools do it, just another data point for TD to start bringing in other revenue streams.

MBA, just curious do you live in Nola? There are many reasons why Nola won't be getting a pro soccer team any time soon.

http://www.nola.com/politics/index.ssf/ ... _exte.html

golfnut69
Tsunami

Postby golfnut69 » Tue May 16, 2017 12:24 pm

this just in...it would look one hell of a lot better if the morons at Tulane would lose the megaphone...looks like we are at "Cheer Camp"

winwave
Green Wave

Postby winwave » Tue May 16, 2017 1:06 pm

Looks great. Nice change.

DfromCT
Riptide

Postby DfromCT » Tue May 16, 2017 6:42 pm

I don't think the megaphone looks bad at all. It's part of the historic "Angry Wave" logo. I'd rather he be carrying a football, but it's really not a big deal. I wonder if our getting away from the Crested T is trying to not be identified with Trump?

" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your ongoing support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia

JerseyWave
Riptide

Postby JerseyWave » Tue May 16, 2017 7:13 pm

The Field Turf looks great but I hope that's not Dannen's idea of construction.

winwave
Green Wave

Postby winwave » Tue May 16, 2017 9:50 pm

DfromCT wrote:I don't think the megaphone looks bad at all. It's part of the historic "Angry Wave" logo. I'd rather he be carrying a football, but it's really not a big deal. I wonder if our getting away from the Crested T is trying to not be identified with Trump?

It has absolutely nothing to do w/Trump and everything to do w/our change in branding that started well before the election results.

DfromCT
Riptide

Postby DfromCT » Wed May 17, 2017 6:31 am

winwave wrote:
DfromCT wrote:I don't think the megaphone looks bad at all. It's part of the historic "Angry Wave" logo. I'd rather he be carrying a football, but it's really not a big deal. I wonder if our getting away from the Crested T is trying to not be identified with Trump?

It has absolutely nothing to do w/Trump and everything to do w/our change in branding that started well before the election results.

LOL some people take posts way too seriously. Dope!

" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your ongoing support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia

golfnut69
Tsunami

Postby golfnut69 » Wed May 17, 2017 7:00 am

DfromCT wrote:
winwave wrote:

Looks more like the bloated Hillary to me...and FYI I have drink glasses from the '70's the with the Angry Wave carrying a Football, not some cheerleader thing...another SNAFU for Tulane...and if you need to know what the WW2 term "SNAFU" means let me know

chain gang x man
Surge

Postby chain gang x man » Wed May 17, 2017 8:47 am

mbawavefan12 wrote:
OUG wrote:

St Aug did hold their scrimmage last Saturday in Yulman
Maybe a start

winwave
Green Wave

Postby winwave » Wed May 17, 2017 9:08 am

DfromCT wrote:
winwave wrote:

Wanted to put a stop to it before it became a political thread.

Wave QB
Swell

Postby Wave QB » Sat May 20, 2017 12:08 pm

I sure wish that Angry Wave carried a football or just a plain fist. It look like a cheerleading champions field.

golfnut69
Tsunami

Postby golfnut69 » Sat May 20, 2017 12:43 pm

Wave QB wrote:I sure wish that Angry Wave carried a football or just a plain fist. It look like a cheerleading champions field.

plus one from me...but then again, the fans had zero say, we just help pay their salaries

tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Postby tpstulane » Sat May 20, 2017 12:49 pm

golfnut69 wrote:
Wave QB wrote:I sure wish that Angry Wave carried a football or just a plain fist. It look like a cheerleading champions field.

plus one from me...but then again, the fans had zero say, we just help pay their salaries

A yes here as well. In the 1960's the logo reflected each sport. The megaphone was actually on the girl cheerleader outfits only. Nowhere else.

Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981

ajcalhoun
Swell

Postby ajcalhoun » Sat May 20, 2017 3:27 pm

I've said it before and I'll say it again. You have to have somewhere for it to say "Tulane." It ' s either the megaphone or a pennant and from a graphic design standpoint the megaphone remains in the central area and allows for a larger image.

Welcome to gotula.net, where it's never too late to mention Tanner Lee or Andy Cannizaro.

winwave
Green Wave

Postby winwave » Sat May 20, 2017 4:19 pm

ajcalhoun wrote:I've said it before and I'll say it again. You have to have somewhere for it to say "Tulane." It ' s either the megaphone or a pennant and from a graphic design standpoint the megaphone remains in the central area and allows for a larger image.
\

Right. I too prefer the football but I get why they are using the megaphone.

golfnut69
Tsunami

Postby golfnut69 » Sat May 20, 2017 5:39 pm

winwave wrote:
ajcalhoun wrote:I've said it before and I'll say it again. You have to have somewhere for it to say "Tulane." It ' s either the megaphone or a pennant and from a graphic design standpoint the megaphone remains in the central area and allows for a larger image.
\

Right. I too prefer the football but I get why they are using the megaphone.

with "Tulane"' plaster all over the stadium, on the front of jersey's , the teams score on the TV screen and U have to wonder where you are ?

Show Me
Swell

Postby Show Me » Sat May 20, 2017 6:36 pm

A pennant would be preferred. It represents all sports. A megaphone is strictly cheerleading.