Problem with Turchin Lighting?

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

How n the world did they think these quasi spotlights would work for baseball. Better yet, seeing the reality post installation, how could they not do extensive due diligence to ensure they were safe for play? This is rookie stuff.

AugWave
Swell

Thanks Ed. Keep blasting those bastards until they get it RIGHT!
I don't yell. I don't scream. I don't argue. I just hit 'em over the head with a bottle.
batonvert
Ripple

I just left a message for Rick Dickson to stop hiding behind the curtain and take some responsible and fix the problem. I too changed my dinner plans to drive in from Baton Rouge and attend the Friday night game with my father, who's a former football and baseball player at Tulane. It so happens he's heading there today to pick out our football seats for next year. Hopefully Dickson is on campus when he's there. I'm tired of this a$$ clown representing Tulane. He must be fired now. At this point I don't care who hires a new AD. This is a great time for Tulane to pickup new fans but that will never happen with Dickson leading us. Please flood Dick's office with outrage!
I love watching college baseball. I'm a guy who lives in Baton Rouge and prefers to drive a hour and a half to watch Tulane baseball instead of a top 5 team here in BR. This is bush league BS that makes me think twice about supporting Tulane. I will continue to make the drive because I love Tulane baseball and the players deserve my support. If I ever happen to see RD, which I'm sure I won't, I'll shake his hand and tell him how he sucks at his job and he should resign. He surely doesn't respect me as a fan with this last minute game changing BS.
JDTulane
Riptide

Just now received first email from Tulane about time change. Good thing I have gotula.net or I'd have been even more confuddled. Im being talked into making itnto saturday anyway ;/
Greenanyway
Ripple

To the few of you old enough to remember...the keystone cops have been reincarnated!
TU23
High Tide

I feel bad for the new players. Opening night should be a great experience that they will never forget. Night game, good crowd. I got to my first game like 6 hours early and tried on my uniform because I was so excited. There were 2,500 people there to watch us play a mediocre team just because it was opening night. This team was robbed of that experience by incompetence. They will be lucky to be playing in front of 200 now in the middle of the day. So much for any kind of home field advantage. I bet Coach Jones is going absolutely ape$#%^ on people.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

TU23 wrote:I feel bad for the new players. Opening night should be a great experience that they will never forget. Night game, good crowd. I got to my first game like 6 hours early and tried on my uniform because I was so excited. There were 2,500 people there to watch us play a mediocre team just because it was opening night. This team was robbed of that experience by incompetence. They will be lucky to be playing in front of 200 now in the middle of the day. So much for any kind of home field advantage. I bet Coach Jones is going absolutely ape$#%^ on people.
+1
Tulane also had to spring for an extra night of hotel rooms for about 40 Ark PB people (APB is staying in BR tonite because of the 1pm Fri start time). They were going to travel from Ark to Nola on Friday morning before this lighting embarrassment. Players from both schools have to miss classes. The concession people will suffer as well because of a weak gate. I wonder how much money was pi$$ed away for this latest debacle by our admin. No telling how much it cost to put the wrong lights in and then take them out and replace them once again.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
TURVS71
Swell

I suppose Rick Dickson will now have another grudge to hold as GOTULA exposed the "light" fiasco. Apparently the Wilson Bldg., TP, Ed Daniels and others read GOTULA and I am happy about that fact . Exposing the administrative inability and inefficiency of Rick Dickson is the ONLY way to force him out. We will keep up the pressure! As Ed Daniels said it so very well, "We have a Tulane Problem." By the way, my baseball season tickets are apparently lost in the mail!!!!!!
'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

TURVS71 wrote:I suppose Rick Dickson will now have another grudge to hold as GOTULA exposed the "light" fiasco. Apparently the Wilson Bldg., TP, Ed Daniels and others read GOTULA and I am happy about that fact . Exposing the administrative inability and inefficiency of Rick Dickson is the ONLY way to force him out. We will keep up the pressure! As Ed Daniels said it so very well, "We have a Tulane Problem." By the way, my baseball season tickets are apparently lost in the mail!!!!!!
I hope the grudge to the point of resigning. "Bumbling, stumbling, fumbling" is the best way to describe our AD.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Fred Dowler
Riptide

DfromCT wrote:
TURVS71 wrote:I suppose Rick Dickson will now have another grudge to hold as GOTULA exposed the "light" fiasco. Apparently the Wilson Bldg., TP, Ed Daniels and others read GOTULA and I am happy about that fact . Exposing the administrative inability and inefficiency of Rick Dickson is the ONLY way to force him out. We will keep up the pressure! As Ed Daniels said it so very well, "We have a Tulane Problem." By the way, my baseball season tickets are apparently lost in the mail!!!!!!
I hope the grudge to the point of resigning. "Bumbling, stumbling, fumbling" is the best way to describe our AD.
The point with Ed Daniels is, if you caught the last sentence in the commentary, and long has been that he has been one to call out the people who seem to keep insisting that the root of TU's issues are and have been external, e.g. the unfair media, LSU being too dominant, the unfair BCS and, yes, that evil old Superdome, and point out the truth, which is that what's at the root of the issues that TU faces is a whole lot more internal than external. And he's totally right. And the regulars of the other forum can't stand that.
Tulane sports: small football stadium, very small basketball arena, w̶i̶n̶n̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶g̶r̶a̶m̶s̶, h̶o̶n̶e̶s̶t̶y̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶c̶c̶o̶u̶n̶t̶a̶b̶i̶l̶i̶t̶y̶ , but, hey, now there's tailgating.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

Fred Dowler wrote:
DfromCT wrote:
The point with Ed Daniels is, if you caught the last sentence in the commentary, and long has been that he has been one to call out the people who seem to keep insisting that the root of TU's issues are and have been external, e.g. the unfair media, LSU being too dominant, the unfair BCS and, yes, that evil old Superdome, and point out the truth, which is that what's at the root of the issues that TU faces is a whole lot more internal than external. And he's totally right. And the regulars of the other forum can't stand that.
And as I just posted in the other thread, the other forum enables and supports that. The media (minus Ed Daniels) and a prominent social media outlet (the censorship forum) help take the heat off of Cowen/Dickson, who are in constant spin doctor mode.
BC Wave
Swell

Though I'm afraid it would take several seven figure donors to get anything accomPlished, I fervently hope that this debacle could be that event that can bring about change.

The question is "What can we do next?"
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

I just watched Ch 6 Sports at 6pm with Fletcher Mc. and he reports the "Tulane baseball game vs Ark Pine Bluff will start at 10:30am Sat morning because the lights in Turchin Stadium are broken".
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Tulane Class of 1981
ExileWave
Surge

tpstulane wrote:I just watched Ch 6 Sports at 6pm with Fletcher Mc. and he reports the "Tulane baseball game vs Ark Pine Bluff will start at 10:30am Sat morning because the lights in Turchin Stadium are broken".
"We are what we are!" RD
Yes we are a complete joke.
Green Wave
Swell

ExileWave wrote:
tpstulane wrote:I just watched Ch 6 Sports at 6pm with Fletcher Mc. and he reports the "Tulane baseball game vs Ark Pine Bluff will start at 10:30am Sat morning because the lights in Turchin Stadium are broken".
"We are what we are!" RD
Yes we are a complete joke.

What a bunch of drama queens!

:roll: :roll: :roll:
ROLL WAVE!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Greenanyway wrote:To the few of you old enough to remember...the keystone cops have been reincarnated!

If it is not the Keystone Kops, then it must be the Three Stooges or the cast from the movie Dumb and Dumber
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

BC Wave wrote:
When Cowen tells them that Tulane is doing better than ever, most just believe him. The alums can start making noise about the reality of things, pushing back on Cowen's lies and informing other alumni of the state of affairs. Most alumni have no idea.

In the social media era, it's ridiculously simple to create awareness campaigns like this. I tried to organize one online and made efforts offline. All that's needed is for alumni to care enough to do things such as "like" things on Facebook and "reTweet" things on Twitter, but the bottom line is not enough people (in fact, hardly anyone) is willing to go on the record as opposing Cowen. Everyone is afraid of the emperor with no clothes. :(
Green Wave
Swell

jonathanjoseph wrote:
BC Wave wrote:
When Cowen tells them that Tulane is doing better than ever, most just believe him. The alums can start making noise about the reality of things, pushing back on Cowen's lies and informing other alumni of the state of affairs. Most alumni have no idea.

In the social media era, it's ridiculously simple to create awareness campaigns like this. I tried to organize one online and made efforts offline. All that's needed is for alumni to care enough to do things such as "like" things on Facebook and "reTweet" things on Twitter, but the bottom line is not enough people (in fact, hardly anyone) is willing to go on the record as opposing Cowen. Everyone is afraid of the emperor with no clothes. :(

U idiot who the fuck cares!

bottom line is D1 HAS A PLAYOFF!

AND WHO ISRESOPNILE?

LOL!

COWEN!
ROLL WAVE!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Lights claim first victim................
UNO vs Tulane Tuesday game at Turchin postponed. (My guess is we will never make it up)
Ron Maestri wants to play the game at night as scheduled, but of course we can't. RJ offered to play during the day but UNO has objected and suggested Zephyr as an alternative. So now we are down to 54 games for the regular season unless we can make this one up. What a shame UNO can't accommodate us. UNO played all their games last season at a NORD playground. Their stadium still isn't even ready. As a fan of baseball I feel cheated.
Tulane Class of 1981
wavemania
Surge

Think RJ should just swallow his pride for the sake of the program and play UNO at Zephyr Field. Need to get as many games in as possible.. You never know how the weather will be later in the year, especially with the changes in temperature from warm to cold to raining the last couple of weeks.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

wavemania wrote:Think RJ should just swallow his pride for the sake of the program and play UNO at Zephyr Field. Need to get as many games in as possible.. You never know how the weather will be later in the year, especially with the changes in temperature from warm to cold to raining the last couple of weeks.
I'd bet we'll never play UNO is baseball as long as RJ is coaching. Last year UNO played us in the day because the NIMBY's forced our hand. I don't get why UNO feels like they hold the cards, its our home game.
Tulane Class of 1981
tnelly15
Riptide

Fucking Maestri...
batonvert
Ripple

tnelly15 wrote:f**cking Maestri...
F_ck Dick and Clown. We are the A$$holes here bc we don't have lights. I can't believe Dickson is getting away with this. Can someone who donates a lot of money please get him fired!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Tulane is it's own worst enemy. No one out working on the lights all weekend. I would have people up there around the clock if I were the AD. At least before and after the game.
Tulane Class of 1981
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

Green Wave wrote:
jonathanjoseph wrote:
BC Wave wrote:

U idiot who the f**k cares!

bottom line is D1 HAS A PLAYOFF!

AND WHO ISRESOPNILE?

LOL!

COWEN!
Not that Green Wave has a shred of credibility anyway, but this is in the running for the most delusional post in the history of Cowen kool aid and his band of apologists.