I read on YOGWF that 74Greenie passed away . . . .

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
IM42lane
Swell

on Friday, June 03, 2011. I have had my issues with YOGWF as many of you know, but I always paid attention whenever 74G commented on the state of Tulane athletics, whatever it was.

If anyone over here knows of any details about the man, please post them. I feel as if we have lost a great Tulane fan in 74Greenie.

Regards,
"Pete" Madere
IM42lane
Swell

Regards,
"Pete" Madere
Jaxwave
Swell

Thanks for posting this Pete. I was very sorry to see this. He seemed like a really good man. I had many a discussion with him on the other board consisting mostly of my disagreement with his always rosy outlook on the Wave which I disputed a lot by pointing out the lack of results backing that up. But he knew football and always conducted himself with decorum. Maybe he can pull a few strings for Tulane Athletics in his new home.

My father passed away in 2009 and there is no other explanation for the many fortuitous bounces going the Saints' way throughout that season except first hand persuasion for Divine Intervention. Maybe he can do the same for the Wave. As we all know it will take a miracle to turn this around. God Bless 74G and his family.

Pete, do you know how his 74 Greenie name came about? I see he was a SELA graduate.
Jonathan
Riptide

Sadly as baby boomers there are not many of us left to support tulane and zero young supporters coming on board. We are a dying breed. Fire RJ or get rid of his boys assistant coaches now. No more excuses year after year.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Jonathan wrote:Sadly as baby boomers there are not many of us left to support tulane and zero young supporters coming on board. We are a dying breed. Fire RJ or get rid of his boys assistant coaches now. No more excuses year after year.
Jonathan, out of respect and general courtesy, please stay on topic.

Roll Wave Forever 74Greenie!
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

RIP 74, the guy cared a lot about Tulane Football. Had some good exchanges with him over the years.

We certainly more, not less, like him. My thoughts and condolences to the family.
timlan2057
Ripple

Very sorry to hear this.
LSUA Student, LSU Fan, , and Proud Tulane Band Parent
Pepper
Swell

RIP74.

J you are a donkey's rear.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
Bigschtick
Riptide

Yes, he was a fine man and loved Tulane. RIP
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
Wavetime
Swell

RIP 74G. You were a fan and I respected your comments.
JDTulane
Riptide

Jonathan wrote:Sadly as baby boomers there are not many of us left to support tulane and zero young supporters coming on board. We are a dying breed. Fire RJ or get rid of his boys assistant coaches now. No more excuses year after year.
I'M a young poster and I love reading 74G's posts. If I can have half the passion and knowledge for Tulane athletics as he did I will count myself a lucky Greenie. 74G will be missed.