ULL (NOLA Bowl) Game Thread

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
JDTulane
Riptide

Stolen

DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Clearly, UL-L has the advantage offensively over the course of the year. But without Broadway, they've been miserable on offense.

We've played quite a few games against backup QB's, and racked up some big stats against them. But a couple of teams made our D look silly (see USA in the first half and Syracuse) though none of late. If Broadway plays, I'm concerned. If he sits, I think we win an ugly, low scoring game. I hope I'm wrong and CJ finds a half dozen "go to" plays that UL-L has no answer for. Let's BEAT THE CAJUNS!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
tnelly15
Riptide

Ehh,, Broadway is really not that good. They've won by pounding it down teams throats w/ McGuire and Harris. That's not to say they aren't better off with Broadway in, I'm sure they are, but I don't see him being the guy that beats us if they win.
threeputt
High Tide

Broadway will be playing per ULL coach this week.
JDTulane
Riptide

I don't believe it. Kid had surgery and a month out he's playing? Selfish coach.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

JDTulane wrote:I don't believe it. Kid had surgery and a month out he's playing? Selfish coach.
He had surgery Monday 12/2.
JDTulane
Riptide

mbawavefan12 wrote:
JDTulane wrote:I don't believe it. Kid had surgery and a month out he's playing? Selfish coach.

There is no way he plays. If I were the kid's parent I'd be horrified at that.
wave to em
Surge

JDTulane wrote:
mbawavefan12 wrote:

There is no way he plays. If I were the kid's parent I'd be horrified at that.
If they wanna play a quarterback with a broken bone in his throwing arm against this defense, let them...
CuJo.
#SickEmWave
greenie78
Riptide

tnelly15 wrote:Ehh,, Broadway is really not that good. They've won by pounding it down teams throats w/ McGuire and Harris. That's not to say they aren't better off with Broadway in, I'm sure they are, but I don't see him being the guy that beats us if they win.
His backups are terrible. They really had no chance scoring against USA and the Jags coaches knew that. They actually felt sorry for ULL in the second half.

Even with Broadway, the Wave should win.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

This could well be a battle of back up QB's. Montana's shoulder is hurt again. We'll know come Monday.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Eaglewave
Swell

Broadway is overrated. Even if he was 100 ready, we could pound him. This game is going to be no different from any other game. If our offense can score points, we can win.
Ball Sumrall!
wavefan03
Surge

Just by looking at the stats you'd think this is an even matched game good offense vs. good defense.

Then I look at their schedule and laugh. Just goes to show the HUGE difference in quality in Division 1 / FBS football. Grouping everyone into "FBS" is a joke its two or perhaps three separate divisions.
wavedat
Swell

Did you look at our schedule? Did you pay attention to how many back-up QB's we faced and how many starting RB's and WR's didn't play against us this season?
Tulane didn't have a stadium issue it had a program and facilities issues. To the new President- we want a new AD , a football facility and an IPF. We want top 25 programs in football and basketball the only two sports that count.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

'dat: Wavefan03 is a troll. He comes in and makes a flaming statement then gets off watching people get pissed off at his statements. He hides behind his keyboard, with his private message and email blocked on the site, so the only way to respond to his BS is with a public post.
Jonathan
Riptide

It is on tulanegreenwave.com. Could someone with more computer savy then me post it on this thread.
cheesefries
Low Tide

Jonathan
Riptide

I am sure we have his forearm x ray and our esteemed Tulane sports doctors ( USL has no medical, law or business school) diagnosis is he would ruin his arm and possible NFL career if he plays on the 21st. Prepare for second string Hack !
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I know Hud keeps saying he's going to play, but having a plate put into your arm doesn't typically have you ready to play 3 weeks later. They sure have been a less effective offense since his injury.

Either way, if our D plays to the level we've seen most of the season, and our offense can give us 20 points, this game should be ours. It's certainly there for the taking.

ROLL WAVE
OGSB
Swell

Coach Mark Hudspeth reiterated Thursday that he expects redshirt-freshmen quarterbacks Brooks Haack and Jalen Nixon to both play in UL’s Dec. 21 New Orleans Bowl game against Tulane.

Yet he still hasn’t ruled out the possibility of injured junior starter Terrance Broadway being able to go, and offered fresh insight on just how the Ragin’ Cajuns are handling the situation – going so far as to suggest Broadway doesn’t even need to practice next week in order to play.

“We’ll evaluate him next week and see how that goes,” Hudspeth said. “He won’t need much practice. If they come up and say ‘he’s cleared’ an hour before game-time, then he’ll be the quarterback.
http://www.theadvertiser.com/article/20 ... d-out-bowl
Livin' rent free
Constantwave
Ripple

Julius Warmsley and Chris Davenport can't wait to get to know Mr Broadway up close and personal......To quote Julius from a few days ago regarding the ULL game, "We will take no prisoners."

Whoever the ULL QB is will get to know this defense very well, whether its Warmsley or Davenport knocking him to the turf, or C-USA Freshman of the Nico "The Rocket" Marley colliding with whoever he hands off to, or Walter Camp All-American Lorenzo Doss intercepting one of his passes for a pick-6.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Our defensive coaches are preparing for him to play. ULL will run the same offense with him or the backup. On offense Tanner Lee has been looking terrific. The coaches have been resting the Sr.'s and are using this practice time as if it were spring practice to look at kids for next year. The red-shirt freshmen have been getting alot of reps this week. Montana has been resting. Bowl games are great because they allow for this.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Dave breslin
Swell

Usl has brought in the Waterboy. Their hoping it works out well for them, like it did in the past. Bobby Boudreaux( I think that was his name) wants to play the city boys instead of the rednecks !!!
Wave755
Tsunami

Dave breslin wrote:Usl has brought in the Waterboy. Their hoping it works out well for them, like it did in the past. Bobby Boudreaux( I think that was his name) wants to play the city boys instead of the rednecks !!!
Dave, you meant "Bobby Boucher" (pronounced "boo-shay") and who being a good Cajun boy once said, "My Mama says that alligators are ornery because they got all them teeth and no toothbrush" and "Now that's what I call high quality H2O." But, I must admit I do hope LALA brings Bobby's girlfriend, Vicki Vallencourt, that Cajun Chick was hot!
Wave755
Tsunami

And Dave, to show you how "Metrosexual" those Cajuns have now become I give you one more quote from the Cajun documentary Waterboy:

"Rita: Is there a girl you're seein'?
Bobby Boucher: Seein'? Uh, I see a lot of girls... I see a lot of guys too.
Rita: I think that's sexy, you ever been with a guy and girl at the same time?
Bobby Boucher: Oh yea, plenty of times. The other night, I was with my Mama and Coach Klein at the same time."
winwave
Top of the WAVE

We are one week from game day. Let's get it on:

CJ zagged:

http://www.theneworleansadvocate.com/sp ... -blocks-on

Formula has worked so far. With their QB out our D should shine again. It's amazing how many times we have been in this situation this year.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.