Tulane 13 - Rice 17

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

We are going to win today. Here's to hoping La. Tech beats USTA. Huntngton here we come.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
JDTulane
Riptide

roll wave!

Chalmette Wave
Trickle

:mrgreen: Roll Wave :mrgreen:
winwave
Top of the WAVE

6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

TURVS71
Swell

Well what do you know, tricky Ricky Dickson is boarding the same flight as me to Houston.
Totally ignored me in my Tulane clothes . What a fan friendly AD he is! Or is is afraid of people that speak the truth and question him ?
'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

TURVS71 wrote:Well what do you know, tricky Ricky Dickson is boarding the same flight as me to Houston.
Totally ignored me in my Tulane clothes . What a fan friendly AD he is! Or is is afraid of people that speak the truth and question him ?
That's something! What are those odds! :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
Let's hope both of you guys are smiling on the return flight!
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Dave breslin
Swell

Turv, I know the feeling. I've made a point to physically be next to RD both at home and on the road. Not once did he acknowledge me He's a comatose loser. If he has other qualities they sure are lost on me. His track record in creating an atmosphere of D1 athletic accomplishment is as large as his personality---zero!! Hopefully he will be gone when the whining Blubberhead retires. Then watch the accomplishments we will make with a real set of leaders. Remember the years of John Mecom leading the saints? It starts at the top.
Houma de Wave
Swell

TURVS71 wrote:Well what do you know, tricky Ricky Dickson is boarding the same flight as me to Houston.
Under normal circumstances, there would be no reason for him to ignore you, a dedicated fan following the team on the road, for gosh sakes. However, there is nothing normal about the way he runs the athletic department. This is sad!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Houma de Wave wrote:
Under normal circumstances, there would be no reason for him to ignore you, a dedicated fan following the team on the road, for gosh sakes. However, there is nothing normal about the way he runs the athletic department. This is sad!
TURVS71....U shoulda showed him your checkbook, or at least an ATM card !!!! I bet he would have given you his first class seat, unless you are flying Southwest, where all seats are first class in their opinion !!!!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
galvezwave
Swell

This is pretty cool. Roll wave!
Fred Dowler
Riptide

galvezwave wrote:This is pretty cool. Roll wave!
Another reason to try to take it in: it isn't even December yet and men's basketball is already less than meaningful.
Tulane sports: small football stadium, very small basketball arena, w̶i̶n̶n̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶g̶r̶a̶m̶s̶, h̶o̶n̶e̶s̶t̶y̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶c̶c̶o̶u̶n̶t̶a̶b̶i̶l̶i̶t̶y̶ , but, hey, now there's tailgating.
Fred Dowler
Riptide

Dave breslin wrote:Turv, I know the feeling. I've made a point to physically be next to RD both at home and on the road. Not once did he acknowledge me He's a comatose loser. If he has other qualities they sure are lost on me. His track record in creating an atmosphere of D1 athletic accomplishment is as large as his personality---zero!! Hopefully he will be gone when the whining Blubberhead retires. Then watch the accomplishments we will make with a real set of leaders. Remember the years of John Mecom leading the saints? It starts at the top.
Let no one forget that the decisions to let Sandy Barbour go and then bring Rick Dickson in were among Scott Cowen's first significant acts as school president. Plus, of course, he's kept Rick Dickson around for all of these years.
Tulane sports: small football stadium, very small basketball arena, w̶i̶n̶n̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶g̶r̶a̶m̶s̶, h̶o̶n̶e̶s̶t̶y̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶c̶c̶o̶u̶n̶t̶a̶b̶i̶l̶i̶t̶y̶ , but, hey, now there's tailgating.
T1B2TW
High Tide

Fred Dowler wrote:
galvezwave wrote:This is pretty cool. Roll wave!
Another reason to try to take it in: it isn't even December yet and men's basketball is already less than meaningful.
Boy you said a mouthful there Fred. And the truth does hurt. :cry:
dpm wave
Swell

Dish is saying that the game is blacked out when I tried to set the DVR to record it. :?
RobertM320
Green Wave

DfromCT wrote:
Wave QB wrote:We are 5-1 at home and 2-3 on the road. This is the biggest game for our program. Rice is a respectable program that stylistically matches up great for us to win big. They run the ball well, but we know how to stop the run. We have similar size on both sides of the ball, and have more overall speed. One thing I pointed out in the beginning of the season to many of you is that I picked us to go on the road and beat ULM and Rice because their defensive schemes don't match up well against our passing plays. In 2012, ULM, ULL, UTEP, UAB, UTEP and Rice all had trouble keeping up with our receivers. We had men wide open all game long against all of those team until anyone on this board could have have a great day passing if our O line wasn't so bad.

If Montana can get some time in the pocket, he will have the biggest game of his career against Rice. Mark my word, Rice can not handle our passing plays! They are too complicated for their defensive backfield. If the O line plays well, we can win this game.

With all of that being said, we must show up on the road. Going 8-4 would be a great story for this program. Downplay the schedule all you want, but the fact remains that we have not had a winning season since 2002. Getting to a bowl game with a 8-4 record would be bring us so more national attention. For those of you who watch every single bowl game on TV like me, you should know how the media loves to hype up the team who comes in with the "great turnaround" story. The attention is beautiful and much needed. If CJ can pull of a 9-4 season, look for us to steal a few recruits for signing day. Oh, I don't think this staff is done bringing in JUCO and other FBS transfers.
I can't agree more, though I think winning this week and somehow getting into the CUSA championship game and beating ECU a second time, at their stadium, no less, would be a tough trail to get there. I'd love to see us win this game, and let the chips fall as they do.

I'd also love to see CJ pull off the first 4 or 5 star recruit Tulane has had in forever. If Davenport thinks he can do it, maybe CJ should be using Davenport as a recruiting ace in the hole.

If we make the CUSA Championship game, we'll be going to WVa to play Marshall.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
RobertM320
Green Wave

My Cox guide says the games is on channel 1079, but they've got the Tulsa/UNT game on. Is there a different channel?
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote:My Cox guide says the games is on channel 1079, but they've got the Tulsa/UNT game on. Is there a different channel?
Same here with Charter....
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Houma de Wave
Swell

RobertM320 wrote:My Cox guide says the games is on channel 1079, but they've got the Tulsa/UNT game on. Is there a different channel?
FCS-A Network on Comcast here in Houma.
cheesefries
Low Tide

What did Rick say when you approached him and spoke to him?
RobertM320
Green Wave

Good start. Blocked FG, and a recovered fumble. Santos with the FG, 3-0 Wave.

Side note. USM has scored 28 points in the 3rd qtr against UAB to take a 41-21 lead, with 15 minutes left in their season. They may actually avoid back to back 0-12 seasons.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Three possessions by the offense: no first downs, an offensive PI call, and a fumble inside our twenty. Gonna be another 10-7
type of game.

TD Rice. That's the difference. We don't turn the turnover into a TD and other teams do.
Last edited by RobertM320 on Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JerseyWave
Riptide

Don't be fooled by the UTEP game, Tulane's offense is still terrible!
RobertM320
Green Wave

No matter how good a defense is, they'll never win if the offense can't even get a first down.
Wavetime
Swell

Wow, where is the offense?