Football Uniforms

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Wave755
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote:
Wave755 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:Looks like it's here:

And best of all TPS, no "bright metalic lime"! :D :D :D
Right on the lime. Keep it traditional as much as possible.
Tricky Dick even put "Bright Metallic Lime" bordering some of the signage at Yulman. We have great colors, glad we are returning to tradition at last. The 1979 uniforms will always be my favorite, but just the same I grew up with the Angry Wave and enjoy seeing him back again for Tulane.

Wave QB
Swell

Angry Wave is cool for posters, spirit shirts, and stickers, but not for a football helmet. My god! It's horrible! Cartoon football anyone?
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

Those unis are freakin awesome.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Hopefully the Angry Wave will be symmetrical on both sides of the helmet--as opposed to what we had with the Mullet T.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
TXWave88
Surge

I really like the blue with the green trim. I like the stripes on the sleeves instead of that pixelated stripe that showed up the past few years. I would like to see what the helmets look like when they run in as a team and its a group of Angry Wave helmets. I like the blue face masks as well with the blue jersey.

I agree with the lime green. Hopefully that is in the past.
Eaglewave
Swell

Lol. It's amazing. I love the new uniforms, but that Nickelodeon Angry Wave is not intimidating at all. I would rather see just the number on out helmets until we find a decent Green Wave logo.
Ball Sumrall!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

I like the Wave logo...it could look a little more menacing, maybe delete the football, that is not needed...more importantly the term "Angry Wave" needs to go away, stop being used and replaced with "Tsunami" ....I know some will say it is Tulane Green Wave ...I get it...but Tsunami and Green Wave mean the same thing only more menacing
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote:I like the Wave logo...it could look a little more menacing, maybe delete the football, that is not needed...more importantly the term "Angry Wave" needs to go away, stop being used and replaced with "Tsunami" ....I know some will say it is Tulane Green Wave ...I get it...but Tsunami and Green Wave mean the same thing only more menacing
If I remember correctly "Meanie Greenie" was the original term.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

I like it being called Angry Wave.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
RobertM320
Green Wave

I like it being called Angry Wave. For once, we've got something that makes us stand out from most other schools. We need to make the most of it.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Eaglewave
Swell

winwave wrote:I like it being called Angry Wave.
I agree. But I really hate the cartoon character on our Helmets.
Ball Sumrall!
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Eaglewave wrote:
Isn't there a whole lot more to worry about with regard to Tulane Athletics and life in general? I personally liked the "Crested T" but care a whole lot more about wins and losses than what our uni's or helmets look like.

Win. Just effing win. Winning, especially as soon as possible, will help on all fronts. 3-9 this year will probably mean we're 4 or 5 years from a bowl game. JUST WIN BABY.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote:
Eaglewave wrote:
Isn't there a whole lot more to worry about with regard to Tulane Athletics and life in general? I personally liked the "Crested T" but care a whole lot more about wins and losses than what our uni's or helmets look like.

Win. Just effing win. Winning, especially as soon as possible, will help on all fronts. 3-9 this year will probably mean we're 4 or 5 years from a bowl game. JUST WIN BABY.
We all know it's about winning. But we want to look good doing it. :mrgreen:
Last edited by winwave on Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Eaglewave wrote:
I have always been a big fan of Angry Wave. I wasn't sure how it would look on a helmet though. So far I like the pics of it. The real test will be seeing it on gameday from the stands. I think it's going to turn out better than we think. Remember too that TD has indicated it might just be a one off. I'm sure from what's been said it will be used for the opening game. After that we'll see what we get.
puffy
Surge

winwave wrote:
Eaglewave wrote:
I have always been a big fan of Angry Wave. I wasn't sure how it would look on a helmet though. So far I like the pics of it. The real test will be seeing it on gameday from the stands. I think it's going to turn out better than we think. Remember too that TD has indicated it might just be a one off. I'm sure from what's been said it will be used for the opening game. After that we'll see what we get.
It's already received a great deal of mostly positive attention on social media. I think it's on par with GaTech's Yellow Jacket and KU's Jayhawk as far as the cartoony logos are concerned.

My personal preference would've been the old interlocking TU from back in the 70's (green T and blue U) on the sides of the helmet, with smaller Angry Wave decals located on the back, lower center of the helmets, on the left pocket region of the jersey, and upper sides of the pants.

In any case, the large Angry Wave on the sides looks great.
Hornetswave
Low Tide

While we are on the subject of cartoonish, has anyone noticed Oregon Ducks uniforms and logo. Or Oklahoma State Cowboys design? Js
Eaglewave
Swell

Hornetswave wrote:While we are on the subject of cartoonish, has anyone noticed Oregon Ducks uniforms and logo. Or Oklahoma State Cowboys design? Js
What's cartoonish about the O on Oregon's helmets or the Cowboys on OSU?
Ball Sumrall!
RobertM320
Green Wave

Eaglewave wrote:
Hornetswave wrote:While we are on the subject of cartoonish, has anyone noticed Oregon Ducks uniforms and logo. Or Oklahoma State Cowboys design? Js
What's cartoonish about the O on Oregon's helmets or the Cowboys on OSU?
They don't always wear the O. Sometimes they have duck feathers, and sometimes they have this -- the cartoon duck on their helmet.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q ... 9521529359
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Robert1969
Riptide

winwave wrote:
DfromCT wrote:
Eaglewave wrote:

We all know it's about wining. But we want to look good doing it. :mrgreen:
Yet, so many people think it looks so good that licensing revenue hit an all time high.
OUG
Riptide

If we wear all these different looks, that won't leave room for us to wear the pink uniform variants during every October game, which would be fine by me.

I think that needs to be relegated to history. I know it's not politically correct, but it's been overdone. When Pro teams do it, it's a cash grab. When college teams do it, it's just mimicking the NFL. If you want to do something to raise real money for actual research on Breast Cancer I'm all for it. But putting the guys in pink socks and helmet decals for a third of their season is both stupid and shallow. I know CJ had personal connections to the cause, but I think we can find a better and more productive way to honor it.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

OUG wrote:If we wear all these different looks, that won't leave room for us to wear the pink uniform variants during every October game, which would be fine by me.

I think that needs to be relegated to history. I know it's not politically correct, but it's been overdone. When Pro teams do it, it's a cash grab. When college teams do it, it's just mimicking the NFL. If you want to do something to raise real money for actual research on Breast Cancer I'm all for it. But putting the guys in pink socks and helmet decals for a third of their season is both stupid and shallow. I know CJ had personal connections to the cause, but I think we can find a better and more productive way to honor it.
I'm in TOTAL agreement. Breast cancer gets a very large portion of cancer research money. Pediatric cancer gets 4%. FOUR PERCENT. Yes, I'm biased, but if you ever spent time in a pediatric cancer unit, you'd probably feel the same way. And I do love breasts! :)
RobertM320
Green Wave

Looks like we'll definitely be using the interlocking TU helmets at some point this season.

https://twitter.com/TulaneSportsGuy/sta ... 7174137856
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Awesome! They look great. I think it's the combination of "Angry Wave" and "Interlocking TU" merchandise, plus the newer distribution, that's lead to the spike in merchandise sales. I'm still waiting for my Angry Wave lapel pin! :)
gibnived8
Ripple

RobertM320 wrote:Looks like we'll definitely be using the interlocking TU helmets at some point this season.

This was always a lie!!!
wave97
Swell

gibnived8 wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:Looks like we'll definitely be using the interlocking TU helmets at some point this season.

This was always a lie!!!
Haven't you heard? The interlocking TU has too much of a resemblance to Auburn and the crested T resembles Tulsa & Temple. But we're going forward with a kitschy cartoon character as our primary logo for Athletics. Yay!