Football Uniforms

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Show Me
Tsunami

The uniform colors were ok, the design contrast of the jersey numbers were horrible and too small. I had no idea what player I was watching the entire game. I spend 90% of the time watching the big screen to see the jersey numbers and looking at the program. At least paint the numbers white!

Show Me
Tsunami

They SUCK!
JDTulane
Riptide

ugly uniforms, band played in our suite which was nice but otherwise meh. happy with wiN!
Eaglewave
Swell

The grey looks tough, but I would have liked to see a green helmet with it. Oh well. These kids like it and that is all that matters. If grey uniforms are going to get top recruits to sign with Tulane, than do it.
Ball Sumrall!
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

I liked them. The numbers should have been white or at least outlined in white.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
wavedat
Swell

tnelly15 wrote:
wavedat wrote: I wouldn't want to be working the phones in Wilson Monday b/c it's going to get lit up. No one wants to see that sh*t ever again.
How bad could it to pick up the phone and listen to people bitch about such a meaningless aspect of the team? And regardless of whether the people want to see them or not, I'd bet we wear them again.

We are the paying customers. They better learn to listen if they want more.

Once again you show your stupidity.
Tulane didn't have a stadium issue it had a program and facilities issues. To the new President- we want a new AD , a football facility and an IPF. We want top 25 programs in football and basketball the only two sports that count.
IM42lane
Swell

JDTulane wrote:ugly uniforms, band played in our suite which was nice but otherwise meh. happy with win!
Tulane WON UGLY, and they had the uniforms to go along with that. I'll definitely take SIX MORE of those UGLY WINS, period.
Regards,
"Pete" Madere
IM42lane
Swell

Show Me wrote:They SUCK!
Tulane won UGLY last night. The uniforms were a tribute to that.

I'll take six more ugly wins by the end of the season. If they want to wear those dark greys again, then so be it. Just WIN, baby!

I remember in 1998 when the undefeated team wore black pants with the green tops. People complained about that look back then. All they remember now is the 12-0 record.
Regards,
"Pete" Madere
msdos
Swell

i hate the new uniforms

but a quick twitter search and you'll see the younguns love them.

so, if it helps recruiting, fuck it.
TXWave88
Surge

msdos wrote:i hate the new uniforms

but a quick twitter search and you'll see the younguns love them.

so, if it helps recruiting, f**k it.
Exactly. It is like the music some of these kids listen to. I dont like it or get it, but you still let them listen to it.
Greenanyway
Ripple

Simple: If uniforms are the reason why a recruit would choose a team, or if uniforms are the reason why a player would be motivated to excel...then you have the wrong recruits and the wrong players. Numerals are on uniforms for the purpose of viewing the sport, not playing it. Couldn't read them last night. We have the wrong uni's. Done.
wavedat
Swell

Kids like to smoke weed too. They are getting a quarter of a million dollar education for free. They'll wear what they are given and wear it proudly.
Tulane didn't have a stadium issue it had a program and facilities issues. To the new President- we want a new AD , a football facility and an IPF. We want top 25 programs in football and basketball the only two sports that count.
Wave755
Tsunami

The numbers are unreadable. Like most Tulane Football fans, I too am not getting any younger, but I had no difficulty whatsoever reading the numbers for the JSU players. What is so wrong with Green & Blue? We will be getting a new president and AD in about a year, hopefully they will have better taste in uniforms. If the new president & AD need a little help for selecting our uniforms they should just grab a yearbook copy for 1979 to see how it is done.
Fred Dowler
Riptide

Wave755 wrote:The numbers are unreadable. Like most Tulane Football fans, I too am not getting any younger, but I had no difficulty whatsoever reading the numbers for the JSU players. What is so wrong with Green & Blue? We will be getting a new president and AD in about a year, hopefully they will have better taste in uniforms. If the new president & AD need a little help for selecting our uniforms they should just grab a yearbook copy for 1979 to see how it is done.
Indeed so.
Tulane sports: small football stadium, very small basketball arena, w̶i̶n̶n̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶g̶r̶a̶m̶s̶, h̶o̶n̶e̶s̶t̶y̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶c̶c̶o̶u̶n̶t̶a̶b̶i̶l̶i̶t̶y̶ , but, hey, now there's tailgating.
Eaglewave
Swell

Greenanyway wrote:Simple: If uniforms are the reason why a recruit would choose a team, or if uniforms are the reason why a player would be motivated to excel...then you have the wrong recruits and the wrong players. Numerals are on uniforms for the purpose of viewing the sport, not playing it. Couldn't read them last night. We have the wrong uni's. Done.
This program needs all of the help we can get. Let's build a winning program before we get picky.
Ball Sumrall!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

For those of you who could not read the numbers from your seats...think about the radio and any TV crews who have to look down on those jersey's...
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Wave755
Tsunami

If the price for getting rid of Cowen & Dickson is ugly uniforms with illegible jersey numbers for one season, I will gladly pay it.
COChip
Low Tide

The players really don't care what a bunch of old stiffs in Dockers like......they like them, it's what's happening in modern college football, and most people under 35 would prefer those to some olive drab 70s era uniforms.
Wave755
Tsunami

COChip wrote:The players really don't care what a bunch of old stiffs in Dockers like......they like them, it's what's happening in modern college football, and most people under 35 would prefer those to some olive drab 70s era uniforms.
Even if the players are anonymous to anyone without a telescope! Cowen/Dickson nightmare ends July 1, 2014!
Eaglewave
Swell

Get with the times. These kids love these new uniforms. I would rather see olive or blue, but wins and talented recruits are what I want to see more.
Ball Sumrall!
Wave755
Tsunami

Eaglewave wrote:Get with the times. These kids love these new uniforms. I would rather see olive or blue, but wins and talented recruits are what I want to see more.
After the last 15 Cow/Dick years, I can endure anything for one more year, particularly if we win, then perhaps we can get back our school colors, the best uniforms ever were for 1979.
Fred Dowler
Riptide

Eaglewave wrote:Get with the times. These kids love these new uniforms. I would rather see olive or blue, but wins and talented recruits are what I want to see more.
TU never did have exactly olive green on any uniform but that's no matter.

Green numerals on gray jerseys, though, is just ridiculous. That's not even pee wee level.

And as far as "getting with the times" when was the last time Alabama changed their uniform? Or maybe the question should be "have they ever changed it?"
Tulane sports: small football stadium, very small basketball arena, w̶i̶n̶n̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶g̶r̶a̶m̶s̶, h̶o̶n̶e̶s̶t̶y̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶c̶c̶o̶u̶n̶t̶a̶b̶i̶l̶i̶t̶y̶ , but, hey, now there's tailgating.
gibnived8
Ripple

the players LOVED the new jerseys, they want to wear them every game if they could...
Wave755
Tsunami

COChip wrote:The players really don't care what a bunch of old stiffs in Dockers like......they like them, it's what's happening in modern college football, and most people under 35 would prefer those to some olive drab 70s era uniforms.
COChip, for the record I am wearing Abercrombie Jeans as I type this, and also by the way, it is so good to see 2 young guys take an interest in Green Wave football that I forgive both you and Eaglewave for your very poor taste in football uniforms.

And, Roll Wave, Cow/DIck Era (Error?) ends 7/1/14!!!
Wave755
Tsunami

gibnived8 wrote:the players LOVED the new jerseys, they want to wear them every game if they could...
In 1998 we went 12-0 in the Shawn King Tulane uniforms and then for 1999 Cow/Dick got rid of them, where else but Tulane? (Cowen really taught that RichRod a lesson, didn't he?) Once our players realize they are essentially anonymous since their jersey numbers can't be read from the stands, opinion for this year's "Gray Wave" uniforms may change. This season is just a "tune-up" for next year and hopefully with Cow/Dick gone for 2014 better uniforms will be forthcoming.
Last edited by Wave755 on Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:31 am, edited 4 times in total.