Football Uniforms

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
posse
High Tide

tpstulane wrote:
winwave wrote:
tpstulane wrote:The only thing I didn't like about the UMASS win was the "Marshall" green helmets and jerseys we wore. That's not a green even close in our color scheme.
I think you meant pants. I agree about the shade not being ours.
Right.
Need the dark green helmet and pants similar to the Forest Green the Green Bay Packer's wear. We also had that dark green jersey back in the Pittman and Ellender years........Creates nice contrast with the light green field.

The one thing that absolutely has to change is the "LIME" colored comb over wave......It's just ugly and definitely not Tulane....They should change the wave to blue, similar to the Angry Wave.......

tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

posse wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
winwave wrote:
tpstulane wrote:The only thing I didn't like about the UMASS win was the "Marshall" green helmets and jerseys we wore. That's not a green even close in our color scheme.
Right.
Need the dark green helmet and pants similar to the Forest Green the Green Bay Packer's wear. We also had that dark green jersey back in the Pittman and Ellender years........Creates nice contrast with the light green field.

The one thing that absolutely has to change is the "LIME" colored comb over wave......It's just ugly and definitely not Tulane....They should change the wave to blue, similar to the Angry Wave.......
Yes sir. I agree!
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

get rid of that comb over krap !!!!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
ajcalhoun
Swell

posse wrote: The one thing that absolutely has to change is the "LIME" colored comb over wave......It's just ugly and definitely not Tulane....They should change the wave to blue, similar to the Angry Wave.......
I've always hated the combover-T but it got worse in 2014 when they changed the wave to that light green. Now it looks like a piece of lettuce.
God Bless Everyone!
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Comb-over T---another flawed relic from the Cowen era.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
gibnived8
Ripple

winwave wrote:
Something just dont match & you have to make it work, more of nike than tulane

Like Bama's Helmets & Jerseys dont match, they're kind of off.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

I hear what you're saying butours was off by a lot more than that.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Game #6, uniform combo #6...

Green Helmets (not sure if AW or T-wave)
Green Jerseys
Gray Pants

https://twitter.com/GreenWaveFB/status/ ... 1245777920
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
UptWave91
Ripple

RobertM320 wrote:Game #6, uniform combo #6...

Green Jerseys
Gray Pants

I think this is the combo from Ga. Tech last year... I loved it but not the game.
But #6, playing into the recruits who like different uniform combos.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Its the T-Wave logo on the helmet.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
greenie78
Riptide

Hate the gray paints. White or even our olive blue would look good. But gray doesn't fit well.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Actually the blue pants don't work. We tried them once years ago and it was awful. I liked the blue jersey's and I think blue helmets would work but the pants just don't.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
wave97
Swell

winwave wrote:Actually the blue pants don't work. We tried them once years ago and it was awful. I liked the blue jersey's and I think blue helmets would work but the pants just don't.
We wore the blue pants against Clemson in 1981, if my memory is correct.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

I think that was the game we wore them.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I was at the Tulane vs. Clemson game in 1981. God bless anyone that can honestly tell me they know what color pants Tulane wore that day. C'mon man!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
RobertM320
Green Wave

DfromCT wrote:I was at the Tulane vs. Clemson game in 1981. God bless anyone that can honestly tell me they know what color pants Tulane wore that day. C'mon man!
Blue?

I'm assuming you meant to say jersey. I was on the sidelines for that game. Clemson wore all white with orange helmets, but I don't remember if we wore the white or green jersey.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

RobertM320 wrote:
DfromCT wrote:I was at the Tulane vs. Clemson game in 1981. God bless anyone that can honestly tell me they know what color pants Tulane wore that day. C'mon man!
Blue?

I'm assuming you meant to say jersey. I was on the sidelines for that game. Clemson wore all white with orange helmets, but I don't remember if we wore the white or green jersey.
No, I meant the pants. Two posts above seem to indicate they remember Tulane wearing blue pants for that game 35 years ago. Heck, I was there, talked about it often throughout the next 12 months (Clemson won the MNC that year) and cannot be sure I remember the SCORE correctly. I think it was 13-5, but it may have been 10-5. Only UNC, ranked in the top 10 that year, came closer to beating the Tigers, who, by the way, happened to run their own version of the option offense under Danny Ford.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

We wore the blue pants w/green jersey's against Clemson.
RobertM320
Green Wave

It was definitely the blue pants. The score was 13-5. They were national champions that year and had an incredible defense. I remember during pregame warmups, watching their receivers. They looked as big as our linemen.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote:It was definitely the blue pants. The score was 13-5. They were national champions that year and had an incredible defense. I remember during pregame warmups, watching their receivers. They looked as big as our linemen.
Yep. Blue pants and Angry Wave helmets. Here's a pic. My Sr year 1981 in the Dome. We threw 4 INT's (2 into the end zone going for a TD) Should have won that game easy. Wade Elmore was our QB.
Tulane Class of 1981
RobertM320
Green Wave

Not Angry Wave helmets. That stupid Vince Gibson wave design.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote:Not Angry Wave helmets. That stupid Vince Gibson wave design.
True, just a Wave
Tulane Class of 1981
netshorty
Surge

Love the Angry Wave helmet. Also love the large graphics on helmets that colleges are using today (seem to remember the Boise St Bronco as an early adopter of this large graphic). Here's what Angry Wave might look like i that style...
posse
High Tide

RobertM320 wrote:Game #6, uniform combo #6...

Green Jerseys
Gray Pants

Had to hold my nose when they ran out on the field with those hideous uniforms.....Burn them, and the all green "grasshopper" uniforms.....They stink, and do not resemble a Tulane team.....
RobertM320
Green Wave

I'll say I'm not a fan of the charcoal/gray color, either jerseys or pants. That needs to be gone. I didn't mind the all green, although I wouldn't mind the white helmet. Or, we could do a blue helmet with the all green. Just keep in mind, as long as we stick to any combination of blue, green and white, it will always look better than gold and purple. :mrgreen: