Football Uniforms

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Fritz and his staff have been seen wearing the interlocking TU on their shirts at practice on quite a few occasions. I think we will see it on the helmets this year.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
UptWave91
Ripple

winwave wrote:Fritz and his staff have been seen wearing the interlocking TU on their shirts at practice on quite a few occasions. I think we will see it on the helmets this year.
Not at all
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

UptWave91 wrote:
winwave wrote:Fritz and his staff have been seen wearing the interlocking TU on their shirts at practice on quite a few occasions. I think we will see it on the helmets this year.
Not at all

Great first post UptWave! You actually waited almost two weeks to come up with that?

The Athletics Dept. has said we'll feature the interlocking TU at least once this season.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
UptWave91
Ripple

DfromCT wrote:
UptWave91 wrote:
Not at all

Great first post UptWave! You actually waited almost two weeks to come up with that?

The Athletics Dept. has said we'll feature the interlocking TU at least once this season.
Thank you but im betting they won't!
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

UptWave91 wrote:
DfromCT wrote:
UptWave91 wrote:
Not at all

Ok, great second post!

Do you live uptown? Do you have any news/information about our Green Wave that you'd like to share with us? C'mon man, there's more to post about than just the helmets! If you follow closely enough, and have info to know that we won't be wearing the interlocking TU, please share some of your knowledge with those of us that aren't in your position. Thanks, and welcome to GoTula.net! :)
posse
High Tide

Channel 4, 6 and 9 interviewed our starting quarterback. Showed him passing the ball. On one of them he had what appeared to be a"Kelly Green" helmet on. I didn't think much of it until they panned the entire practice field, and every player had Kelly Green helmets on...This shade of green would be big difference than what we are use to...Stay tuned.
UptWave91
Ripple

DfromCT wrote:
UptWave91 wrote:
DfromCT wrote:
UptWave91 wrote:
Not at all

Ok, great second post!

Do you live uptown? Do you have any news/information about our Green Wave that you'd like to share with us? C'mon man, there's more to post about than just the helmets! If you follow closely enough, and have info to know that we won't be wearing the interlocking TU, please share some of your knowledge with those of us that aren't in your position. Thanks, and welcome to GoTula.net! :)
Yea I'm from uptown, born and raise actually.
Also the footballs are blue t-waves this year.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Somewhat surprised that nobody have brought up the fact that this weeks game will feature the Navy Midshipmen versus the Tulane Greenbeans.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
RobertM320
Green Wave

Speaking of uniforms, did anyone see what Arizona's going to wear this weekend at Hawaii? A tribute to the USS Arizona and Pearl Harbor.

https://twitter.com/abc15sports/status/ ... 5648993280

http://www.abc15.com/sports/sports-blog ... m-uniforms
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Wave755
Tsunami

Green helmets + green jerseys & pants = too much green. We looked like a "lizard team" out there. :thumbdown2:
Last edited by Wave755 on Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
RobertM320
Green Wave

I'd like to see us keep the white helmets with Angry Wave, regardless of the rest of the uni.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Wave755
Tsunami

Wave755 wrote:Green helmets + green jerseys & pants = too much green. We looked like a "lizard team" out there. :thumbdown2:
Also, I would like to see the white helmet with the interlocking green T & blue U (a la 1979) given a chance before this season is over.
posse
High Tide

Wave755 wrote:Green helmets + green jerseys & pants = too much green. We looked like a "lizard team" out there. :thumbdown2:
The all green uniforms looked terrible, even if we had won the game last night....The green just blends in with the green field. No color contrast. Hope AD and Coach get a lot of negative comments about them and put them away for good. I believe AD and Coach are open to discussions about uniform styles and color.

If you feel the same way, you can politely let Dannen and Fritz know how bad they looked. You can email them at [email protected], and
wfritz @tulane.edu.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

posse wrote:
The all green uniforms looked terrible, even if we had won the game last night....The green just blends in with the green field. No color contrast. Hope AD and Coach get a lot of negative comments about them and put them away for good. I believe AD and Coach are open to discussions about uniform styles and color.

If you feel the same way, you can politely let Dannen and Fritz know how bad they looked. You can email them at [email protected], and
wfritz @tulane.edu.
I am hopeful, we will return to the "Powder Blue Pants" !!!!!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
RobertM320
Green Wave

I think its official. We're wearing the blue jerseys this weekend.

https://twitter.com/GreenWaveFB/status/ ... 5031894016

Darnell Mooney ‏@Darnell_M1 5h5 hours ago
Darnell Mooney Retweeted Tulane Football
Bringing the blue out this weekend !!!
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

RobertM320 wrote:I think its official. We're wearing the blue jerseys this weekend.

https://twitter.com/GreenWaveFB/status/ ... 5031894016

Darnell Mooney ‏@Darnell_M1 5h5 hours ago
Darnell Mooney Retweeted Tulane Football
Bringing the blue out this weekend !!!
I'd like to see them with the Green pants!
RobertM320
Green Wave

All the graphics I've seen this week have them with the white AW helmet and the white pants.
RobertM320
Green Wave

OK, I think Oregon has outdone themselves with this weeks uni:

https://twitter.com/OregonFBequip/statu ... 7826655233
RobertM320
Green Wave

Might be our first look at the T-Wave helmets.

vs. UMass.

Tulane Sports Guy ™ ‏@TulaneSportsGuy 29m29 minutes ago
Tulane Sports Guy ™ Retweeted Tulane Football
Tulane to wear white-on-green with green T-Wave lids (supposedly) Saturday when it travels to UMass
UptWave91
Ripple

tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

The only thing I didn't like about the UMASS win was the "Marshall" green helmets and jerseys we wore. That's not a green even close in our color scheme.
On Edit "pants" not jerseys.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
RobertM320
Green Wave

tpstulane wrote:The only thing I didn't like about the UMASS win was the "Marshall" green helmets and jerseys we wore. That's not a green even close in our color scheme.
I was wondering if its an issue with the way they paint helmets? Maybe they can't match the color we need? Not likely, I know. Just throwing that out there.

Five games, five different combos. However, I think we're going to see the all white on Friday night. UCF is doing a "blackout" game. Looks like they're wearing their all blacks and they're asking fans to do the same.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote:The only thing I didn't like about the UMASS win was the "Marshall" green helmets and jerseys we wore. That's not a green even close in our color scheme.
I think you meant pants. I agree about the shade not being ours.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote:
I think you meant pants. I agree about the shade not being ours.
Right.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981