Football Uniforms

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Eaglewave
Swell

dpm wave wrote:ImageImage
This is the best Tulane football uniform I have ever seen.

I want to win in these uniforms and watch my Green Wave take the field in a bowl game at the end of the season. CJ should sit this uniform on top of each players lockers and let them wear them after we win 6 games! There is nothing sicker that watching teams like Idaho, Eastern Michigan, New Mexico State and other non P5 teams wear camouflage, stars and stripes, black, gray, pink and other space age looking uniforms while getting whipped by 20+ points on the scoreboard while they have horrible records.

If CJ wants to grab better recruits, winning games in the formula. If CJ wants to make changes, then he needs to drop Price, McDonell and Drake! These guys aren't helping us win and don't fit our needs.

Ball Sumrall!
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

TXWave88 wrote:
mbawavefan12 wrote:
TXWave88 wrote:
mbawavefan12 wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:I guess that is why I stopped donating... spend money on uni's not coach's....what a concept...but if the uni is the way to go...I vote for polka dots or zebra stripes
Pretty sure they are sponsorship deals with no cost to Tulane.
Very possible. We pay Nike so many $$$s for unis and gear/equipment. Sometimes its 2 pair of shoes gets you a free pair. Maybe we buy the home and away unis and they throw in a couple alternate unis (since that is a thing right now). I do not know what type of deal they have, but it would not surpise me one bit if some of these concepts were ideas to see what alternate would be available.

I complain about bad uniforms a lot, but unis are not breaking the bank. If the choice was to replace coaches or get new unis, we would be in way worse trouble than we are now. And to be honest, why not both instead of one or the other? If all is bad, replace it all!
Pretty sure Nike provides all equipment/uniforms and in return gets to have their logo displayed on the uni's. At higher profile schools the coaches sign contracts with the sponsors, it's really messed up if you ask me. Coaches get paid so their unpaid athletes display the brand.
That was not the case 10 years ago. You still have to pay, but you get some perks. I would think Nike has upped their game as there are hardly any other brands out there at FBS. A few Under Armour, Adidas and Russell but Nike has taken over.

I remember we almost switched to Adidas in 2004 due to getting more for your buck and it would have made us use a Wilson football vs the Nike Football we used. The uniforms looked better, but the QBs hated the new ball and so we stayed with Nike. I was shocked by that. The baseball team switched from Easton to Worth bats sometime around then because of the same situation.

Maybe things have changed that much in 10 years though.
Doing some digging, Cinci gets $5mm a year from UA and SMU gets around $1.5mm from NIKE that covers their equipment and uniforms for all sports. To insinuate that these alternate uniforms has an effect on coaching salaries is a bit of a stretch IMO.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

In a desperate attempt to kill the "Tanner Lee" and "Staff coming together" threads, I thought I would get the annual Uniforms thread started early. Any thoughts? Will Fritz keep the gray theme? Any chance we'll see more blue? :eek:
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
Jaxwave
Swell

Please no! People get more emotional over this than the actual results.
nawlinspete
Riptide

Tens of millions of men, and women worldwide wear Tulane colors every day: Olive Green jersey shirts and Levis Sky Blue pants.

Here's a cheer for the Olive AND the Blue.
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
DrBox
Riptide

No gray.
And for goodness sakes no brown jerseys.
Jaxwave
Swell

And so it begins.
posse
High Tide

HoustonWave wrote:In a desperate attempt to kill the "Tanner Lee" and "Staff coming together" threads, I thought I would get the annual Uniforms thread started early. Any thoughts? Will Fritz keep the gray theme? Any chance we'll see more blue? :eek:

I think AD Dannon should "Mandate" to all our coaches, that they "must" use the school's traditional colors of Green,& Blue, trimmed in white......Our uniforms should use the "EXACT" colors of our Marching Band uniforms....They look fantastic, and no question you think Tulane when you see them...This bull about the "kids" want the grey and black uniforms is nauseating. These kids represent Tulane University, and our uniforms should be the school colors, nothing less............Give the coaches the right to design the uniforms, but they must use our traditional colors....
nawlinspete
Riptide

posse wrote:
HoustonWave wrote:In a desperate attempt to kill the "Tanner Lee" and "Staff coming together" threads, I thought I would get the annual Uniforms thread started early. Any thoughts? Will Fritz keep the gray theme? Any chance we'll see more blue? :eek:

I think AD Dannon should "Mandate" to all our coaches, that they "must" use the school's traditional colors of Green,& Blue, trimmed in white......Our uniforms should use the "EXACT" colors of our Marching Band uniforms....They look fantastic, and no question you think Tulane when you see them...This bull about the "kids" want the grey and black uniforms is nauseating. These kids represent Tulane University, and our uniforms should be the school colors, nothing less............Give the coaches the right to design the uniforms, but they must use our traditional colors....
Amen
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
nawlinspete
Riptide

nawlinspete wrote:
posse wrote:

Amen
Except that the Green MUST BE OLIVE GREEN !!!!
HoustonWave
Tsunami

nawlinspete wrote:
nawlinspete wrote:
posse wrote:

Amen
+1,000
nawlinspete
Riptide

nawlinspete wrote:Tens of millions of men, and women worldwide wear Tulane colors every day: Olive Green jersey shirts and Levis Sky Blue pants.

Here's a cheer for the Olive AND the Blue.
Olive Green AND Blue we love thee....
winwave
Top of the WAVE

posse wrote:

Well said.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
ajcalhoun
Swell

Tanner's got his figured out.

Sorry, I couldn't resist. (It helped that LSU had a QB named Lee who wore #12 a few years ago.)
God Bless Everyone!
Eaglewave
Swell

ajcalhoun wrote:Tanner's got his figured out.

Sorry, I couldn't resist. (It helped that LSU had a QB named Lee who wore #12 a few years ago.)
Lol. They both tossed quite a few pick 6s
Ball Sumrall!
anEngineer
Riptide

nawlinspete wrote:
nawlinspete wrote:
posse wrote:

Amen

I don't know about olive green. I will say that no one else would wear that color so it would be distinctive and create immediate notice.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Eaglewave wrote:
ajcalhoun wrote:Tanner's got his figured out.

Lol. They both tossed quite a few pick 6s
If Tanner ever actually plays for LSU, the SEC DBs are going to have a feeding frenzy.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

I have a feeling you will not be seeing a great deal of "glitz" on Tulanes UNI's... I do think we will see some ole time basic fundamental drills during the Spring...and for us older, non entitled nor suffering from affulenza generation, a bid of Jim Pittman type of coaching... so boys discard the panties, and pull up your jockstrap...it is going to be one hell of a long, warm ( I think Fritz is hoping it is HOT), bumpy azz Spring practice
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
ajcalhoun
Swell

I'm with golf. Coach Fritz doesn't strike me as the fancy uniform type.
God Bless Everyone!
nawlinspete
Riptide

Olive Green jerseys with Levis Sky Blue numerals. No names.
Levis Sky Blue pants. No stripes.
ExileWave
Surge

golfnut69 wrote:I have a feeling you will not be seeing a great deal of "glitz" on Tulanes UNI's... I do think we will see some ole time basic fundamental drills during the Spring...and for us older, non entitled nor suffering from affulenza generation, a bid of Jim Pittman type of coaching... so boys discard the panties, and pull up your jockstrap...it is going to be one hell of a long, warm ( I think Fritz is hoping it is HOT), bumpy azz Spring practice
Pittman's practices were great to watch. Brutal hitting, blood flying, Pat Culpepper in the middle screaming, Rick Kingrea and Ray Hester destroying people. We can only hope the "entitled generation" gets to experience some of the same. Fritz looks to be pretty intense in practice and on the sideline. The numbers may be few by the end of April.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

some of these young men will come to a "Junction,(TX) " in their playing careers in late March !!!
Last edited by golfnut69 on Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
ExileWave
Surge

[quote="golfnut69"]some of these young men will come to a "Junction" in their playing careers in late March !!![/quoTE

Unfortunately, "tough" is not a word you can use to describe our teams since Bowden left. Mentally or physically.
Wave755
Tsunami

The 1979 uniforms were the best ever.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Wave755 wrote:The 1979 uniforms were the best ever.
+1
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.