Colgate Game

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Hook, Stark and Dabney are all solid players. We sure miss what Mack could bring us depth wise. Drye is solid on the boards but struggles scoring in the paint and at the line. We haven't gotten any production from our post position. And last game we couldn't defend a 6'6" guy in the post. Someone needs to step up in that position if we are going to win more than 6 CUSA games.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote:
Hook, Stark and Dabney are all solid players. We sure miss what Mack could bring us depth wise. Drye is solid on the boards but struggles scoring in the paint and at the line. We haven't gotten any production from our post position. And last game we couldn't defend a 6'6" guy in the post. Someone needs to step up in that position if we are going to win more than 6 CUSA games.
I agree. It's just hard to understand how he could give a freshman in his first start 17 minutes of playing time but only give Thomas 4 minutes in each of his starts. A player can't get into any type of rythym in that situation.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

I guess I prefer Colgate over Crest. :mrgreen:
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote:I guess I prefer Colgate over Crest. :mrgreen:
Damn...TPS...U beat me to it...I was going to post what an ideal promo event...free tubes of Toothpaste with every ticket purchased !!!!...and if Tulane scores 100 points, no free fries but a bottle of mouthwash
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:I guess I prefer Colgate over Crest. :mrgreen:
Damn...TPS...U beat me to it...I was going to post what an ideal promo event...free tubes of Toothpaste with every ticket purchased !!!!...and if Tulane scores 100 points, no free fries but a bottle of mouthwash
We seem to "AIM" low with these opponents. :mrgreen:
Tulane Class of 1981
tnelly15
Riptide

Kevin Thomas actually showed some promise that he could be serviceable in his first year or two.
AS A FRESHMAN (2010-11): Played in 28 of the 30 games and had two starts...Poured in a career-high 10 points in the victory over Houston on March 2...Scored seven points with four blocked shots against UCF on Feb. 16...Blocked a career-high five shots at Southern Miss...Recorded at least two blocked shots in eight games...Scored six points with a pair of blocks against Marshall...Collected two rebounds and a blocked shot in his collegiate debut at UMES...Scored his first collegiate point with a free throw against Centenary...Scored four points in the victory over Maryville...Added four points and three rebounds in the loss at VCU...Scored six points and blocked three shots against UTEP...Had four points and two blocks at UTEP...Got the start against Auburn-Montgomery and scored a career-high six points with three rebounds in 21 minutes...Also started at Southern.
JDTulane
Riptide

The fact that Bruha and KT are still on the team leaves me scratching my head. Neither panned out. PEACE.
DrBox
Riptide

good lord.
Wavetime
Swell

Colgate is not a bad team. I saw them play Syracuse a couple of weeks ago when I was visiting my son. They were down about 10 at half and lost by about 20. They are smart, can control pace and can shoot.
tnelly15
Riptide

ib4 "We win and we're fun to watch."
"Coach K had a loss like this"
"We're better off without Josh Davis"
JerseyWave
Riptide

Coach Conmanroy has sunk Tulane Basketball to its lowest depth since the program was reinstated!
tnelly15
Riptide

He has got to go. Should have dumped him in April.
JDTulane
Riptide

Well this is another Bob Toledo extension feeling year
DrBox
Riptide

tnelly15 wrote:He has got to go. Should have dumped him in April.
that's what I thought in April.
Then I was fooled by the first 3 games. You were not.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

JDTulane wrote:Well this is another Bob Toledo extension feeling year
So Tulane's athletic director is responsible for 2 completely lost lame duck seasons in the 2 major revenue sports within the last 3 years.

Let's just say that Dickson hadn't made a single other mistake in his 15 year tenure, the above situation alone is a fireable offense.

I'm sure the opaque facilities strategy will turn out great though. :roll: :twisted: :evil:
VanceWGreen
Ripple

With a young program like ours, it was not unexpected to take a step back the year after enjoying our first post season in a decade. It takes some years to build a complete roster, where you can survive graduation and attrition.
We're all disappointed with the outcome of the last 2 games. But I saw our young men fight hard out there tonight. This freshmen group has a lot of potential and it won't be long before we have another great season like last year, if not next year, then for sure the next.
I hate to be cliche, but this really isn't the year to judge by wins and losses. Look for progress, improvement, and effort.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Another disappointing loss. Colgate came out on fire. It didn't matter if we had a hand in their face or not. They played like EC says he wants us to play. The difference is they have a coach who can teach his players to play the system. When they weren't hitting 3's they would swing the ball and end up w/ a back door cut. It was painful to watch as a Tulane fan. As a basketball fan it was a thing of beauty. You don't see many teams that play so fundamentally well. They did the entire 40 minutes. Hats off to them.

It's a shame to see the talent of Stark and Dabney wasted. Then you see Reynolds play and see his potential but then EC suddenly pushes him further down the bench and gives him no chance to grow. Stark needs rest and one way to do that is to put Dabney at the point and bring Reynolds in. Unless he finds a way to push the right buttons and turn this around he's got to be fired or we'll see more defections.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Same story, Dabney, Stark, and Hook vs 12 guys.
We haven't defended in the last few games. Colgate loaded up in the first 5 mins with about 5 straight uncontested 3's. The rest of the game we tried to play catch-up but couldn't close that initial gap. Going to be a long and difficult season IMO. The road only gets tougher.
Tulane Class of 1981
tnelly15
Riptide

As pessimistic as I was coming in to the season, I wouldn't have guessed losses to Northern Kentucky and Colgate. I expected a loss to Southern, but the rest of the first 8 games I thought we should win.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

VanceWGreen wrote:With a young program like ours, it was not unexpected to take a step back the year after enjoying our first post season in a decade. It takes some years to build a complete roster, where you can survive graduation and attrition.
We're all disappointed with the outcome of the last 2 games. But I saw our young men fight hard out there tonight. This freshmen group has a lot of potential and it won't be long before we have another great season like last year, if not next year, then for sure the next.
I hate to be cliche, but this really isn't the year to judge by wins and losses. Look for progress, improvement, and effort.
Welcome back, Vance. Never sure whether to laugh or cry, but glad you are here.
tnelly15
Riptide

Always a good laugh when Vance shows up.
lurker123
Swell

VanceWGreen wrote:With a young program like ours, it was not unexpected to take a step back the year after enjoying our first post season in a decade. It takes some years to build a complete roster, where you can survive graduation and attrition.
I'll give EC's team kudos for effort. I have not seen this team quit at any point this year.

I'll even suspend judgment on the W's and L's. Because they play so hard, I expect we'll see several upsets this year but probably a losing overall record.

However where's the progress and improvement of the program? Do you really think last year was a "great season?" And we should look forward to year six of EC because it will be as good as year three after half his team bails early and voluntarily?

How do you see this team playing in AAC next year since your comments don't make me optimistic about performing in CUSA this season (perhaps a two bid league this year instead of typical one?)

I can't believe I'm saying this but it's been almost 15 years since Tulane even had a Top 100 MBB team and 20 years since it had an NCAA tourney team. Do you think the current program will make the NCAA in 2016 and if so why?