N.Kentucky Game

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
JerseyWave
Riptide

Another embarrassing, meaningless matchup from Coach Conmanroy.
OGSB
Swell

Is this part of that tournament?
Livin' rent free
Jonathan
Riptide

Please fire Conroy as soon as possible. Another directional regional college to play. I am really excited about this game!
dpm wave
Swell

Tulane loses to the basketball equivalent of USA's football team. They are transitioning to D-1 and are in the Atlantic Sun Conference.
86-91 OT
JDTulane
Riptide

Robert1969
Riptide

Ruined a chance at a perfect weekend for Tulane.

WBB beat UNCW 55-50
WVB made its way to the CUSA Finals.
Football beat UTEP to cinch first winning season since 2002, 45-3
tnelly15
Riptide

JerseyWave wrote:Another embarrassing, meaningless matchup from Coach Conmanroy.
When you win them they're just meaningless, on nights like tonight when you lose them they are embarrassing.
DrBox
Riptide

This is a division 2 team in transition. My goodness Conroy.

And if Dickson is on his way out, there's no way he's going to fire a coach. Of course, that would be the perfect time for him to from Tulane's standpoint, because he'd likely just appoint a committee that might know what they are doing to identify a new coach.

If Dickson isn't planning on leaving well, then, we're screwed.
Fred Dowler
Riptide

DrBox wrote:This is a division 2 team in transition. My goodness Conroy.

And if Dickson is on his way out, there's no way he's going to fire a coach. Of course, that would be the perfect time for him to from Tulane's standpoint, because he'd likely just appoint a committee that might know what they are doing to identify a new coach.

If Dickson isn't planning on leaving well, then, we're screwed.
A committee that knows what they're doing...something interesting...new concept.

No...he wouldn't let him go...not the Rick Dickson way...yes, TU is screwed.
Tulane sports: small football stadium, very small basketball arena, w̶i̶n̶n̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶g̶r̶a̶m̶s̶, h̶o̶n̶e̶s̶t̶y̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶c̶c̶o̶u̶n̶t̶a̶b̶i̶l̶i̶t̶y̶ , but, hey, now there's tailgating.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Bad loss. We have no depth and no one that can play offense in the post, their bench outscored our bench 49-4. Their 12 guys to our 6. We gave them way too many uncontested 3's. We had no answer for their 6'6" post guy. He killed us in the paint. Solid game from Hook, Stark and Dabney but that's it.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

No doubt an embarrassing loss. How does he give minutes to Keenan over Reynolds and Hearlihy. Then in OT everyone except EC sees their strategy to use Billups to dominate Drye . He makes no change and we lose.

As for RD firing EC won't happen. SC screwed up this summer by being too cheap and not willing to pay to bring in a new AD. So the new president won't make that change right away b/c he/she is going to inherit too many academic and financial issues from SC to worry about that first.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
AugWave
Swell

I hate saying that a coach can't coach, but this guy can't coach. Ben Cherry is at Charlotte putting up NUMBERS. Numbers he never had here. He looks like a totally different player and Charlotte has more talent on their roster than we do. I'm glad we have good assistants. Promote Shammond!!
I don't yell. I don't scream. I don't argue. I just hit 'em over the head with a bottle.
OGSB
Swell

tnelly15 wrote:
JerseyWave wrote:Another embarrassing, meaningless matchup from Coach Conmanroy.
When you win them they're just meaningless, on nights like tonight when you lose them they are embarrassing.
+1.
Livin' rent free
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

OGSB wrote:
tnelly15 wrote:
+1.
I wish I could take credit, but i cannot...last season someone posted that Conroy could not coach a "Bowel Movement" !!!!!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Best highlight of the night.......
Tulane Class of 1981
Bigschtick
Riptide

Looks like they had 30 fans at the game! Conroy is really pulling them in!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Bigschtick wrote:Looks like they had 30 fans at the game! Conroy is really pulling them in!
A few more (that video was at halftime too), but to be fair the game started at 9pm on a Saturday night in New Orleans after most Tulane fans had already spent hours in the Dome watching football. I really didn't feel like going either after spending all day tailgating & football watching but decided to go anyway.
Tulane Class of 1981
tnelly15
Riptide

With the recent close losses to the likes of Cefarville and Loyola Chicago I figured a loss was coming soon. Things will get ugly if we go into the AAC with Conroy.

On a positive note I like the new uniforms, much better than what we've worn the past few years.
The usual suspects played well again. Particularly Hook who has been ridiculously efficient so far.
tnelly15
Riptide

AugWave wrote:I hate saying that a coach can't coach, but this guy can't coach. Ben Cherry is at Charlotte putting up NUMBERS. Numbers he never had here. He looks like a totally different player and Charlotte has more talent on their roster than we do. I'm glad we have good assistants. Promote Shammond!!

Wow, just saw the game Cherry had, impressive. 18 pts in 21 minutes 6-9 from the field.
Green Wave
Swell

tnelly15 wrote:
AugWave wrote:I hate saying that a coach can't coach, but this guy can't coach. Ben Cherry is at Charlotte putting up NUMBERS. Numbers he never had here. He looks like a totally different player and Charlotte has more talent on their roster than we do. I'm glad we have good assistants. Promote Shammond!!

Wow, just saw the game Cherry had, impressive. 18 pts in 21 minutes 6-9 from the field.

Meanwhile, Jay Hook shot 80% from the field including 3 of 4 from three point land. Went 10 of 12 at the stripe, had 9 rebounds, no turnovers and 3 steals while scoring 29 points!
ROLL WAVE!
JerseyWave
Riptide

Disgraceful! Only at Tulane can Coach Conmanroy continue to lead a program going nowhere.
JerseyWave
Riptide

Of course, reading JTS's reasoning on the his censorship forum it's ok for Tulane to lose to Northern Kentucky because North Carolina lost to Belmont. All is well in the Wilson Center!
Green Wave
Swell

WOW! This is getting to resemble the USA game thread.

I love how negativity outstrips the Football thread. You know the one where we secured a winning season for the first time in 10 years.
ROLL WAVE!
JDTulane
Riptide

Green Wave wrote:WOW! This is getting to resemble the USA game thread.

I love how negativity outstrips the Football thread. You know the one where we secured a winning season for the first time in 10 years.

Basketball laid an egg bro. So we gon talk bout it.