Letter to the Editor - TP 12/13/10

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
TURVS71
Swell

http://www.nola.com/news/t-p/letterstoe ... xml&coll=1

As aggravated as i get with TU sometimes, THIS aggravates me MORE.Just me!!!

:twisted:

'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
JTLiuzza
Swell

I understand her frustration but eliminating football because we refuse to try to do it properly is about as loser a mentality as I can imagine.
The second commandment has not been abrogated.
cdozer
Ripple

I think what al ot of people fail to realize is that dropping football would mean a lot of donations drying up as well. Meaning even less funding for other sports.
Pepper
Swell

I think what she really was trying say was either do it right or don't do it at all.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
JTLiuzza
Swell

That would be a good message to send and a good one to see in the paper. But she sure did a poor job of expressing it.
The second commandment has not been abrogated.
RWR
Swell

Well if she meant it that way she needs to work on her writing skills. It also needs to be hammered home that if we are out of football we are out of sports. We can't be in cusa anymore and when we go lower so does the recruiting for players in basketball and baseball. There is little interest in our opponents now and there will be no interest in a lesser conference. Plus as was said above when we are out of football the TAF donations will dry up. It's ALL over if football goes.
Jaxwave
Swell

I happen to agree with her. It's $hit or get off the pot time. Who cares about staying putrid in football and basketball and decent (yes, only decent as new rules have relegated baseball to the equivalent of non-BCS football) in baseball. If there ids no plans to compete for the top go Div III as far as I'm concerned. Oh by the way, should they do so they will never see another penny from this alum.
Bigschtick
Riptide

Pepper: You are correct. I agree with her. Do it right or drop it. I am sick and tired of seeing this school be the laughing stock of college football. Does anyone think that right now, the money is flowing in? Not mine, never again under the present admin and coach. Yes, she could have been far more eloquent in her expression of frustration.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!