North Texas Game Thread - TV, early line UNT -2.5

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Jonathan
Riptide

Fox College Sports is to carry TU. North Texas. What channel is it on Cox and Direct TV?

tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Jonathan wrote:Fox College Sports is to carry TU. North Texas. What channel is it on Cox and Direct TV?
http://www.locatetv.com/tv/college-foot ... ne/8289432
WHNO has the replay on at 6:30pm Ch 20 on Charter.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
RobertM320
Green Wave

http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-foo ... las-vegas/

The early consensus has North Texas about a 2 1/2 point favorite. Definitely a winnable game.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
sader24
Tsunami

Will this finally be the game we put it all together?
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

This is a line where Vegas thinks the Coaching staff at UNT is better than Tulane... I also think the staff at UTSA is better than Tulane
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Wave QB
Swell

We have to play mistake free football if we want to win this game. North Texas has the talent to put a beating on us if we play sloppy football. Unlike 4 of the 5 teams we have played already, they are not going to give us time to figure things out. If we come on flat and slow, we will not be able to fight for a comeback like we did against USA. NT can control the clock by running the football. We must come out swinging! I think Montana needs to take some shots down field to begin the game. I really don't think their secondary can handle our WR's. (That's if they play like we know they can play.) Their QB has some good experience and knows how to find his targets. We must put some heat on him. They also have two good backs, but I believe we can keep under control if our D line and LB's play like they did last week. I also think our secondary can have a big game against these guys as well.

Overall, NT is playing better football than us and had a week to rest. After watching them against UGA, I think that this game will let us know where if we are ready to start talking about a bowl game. Can we win? Hell yeah! But there is a chance will can get slammed if we start screwing up on special teams and taking too long to score points. This will be a tough game, but we can win.

Roll Wave!
It's time to win homecoming
Wave QB
Swell

DrBox
Riptide

golfnut69 wrote:This is a line where Vegas thinks the Coaching staff at UNT is better than Tulane... I also think the staff at UTSA is better than Tulane
Of course you do.
I guess they thought the ULM staff was a lot better than Tulane's; Skip Holtz too.

I'll take ours over any of the above.

UNT is a veteran team with a good QB that has played very well in each of its 4 games. We've been up and down and haven't played a complete game. That's why they are favored.
RobertM320
Green Wave

golfnut69 wrote:This is a line where Vegas thinks the Coaching staff at UNT is better than Tulane... I also think the staff at UTSA is better than Tulane

golfnut, enough with the UTSA comparisons already. If you like them so much, maybe you should just go to their boards.

That's all I've heard from you for two months is how good UTSA is. When they score 28 in the fourth against scrubs, you said how good they were. When they gave up 28 in the fourth last weekend, you said they just got worn out. You seem to pay a heck of a lot of attention to them. We don't play them for another 5 1/2 weeks. Let's worry about them then. They've played a decent schedule, but if they're that good, why are they second to last in all of D1 in PPG given up, at 35.8? Playing good teams and giving up 59 points proves nothing.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
tnelly15
Riptide

2 months? That's it? He's been talking about how UTSA will beat us for close to a year now.
RobertM320
Green Wave

tnelly15 wrote:2 months? That's it? He's been talking about how UTSA will beat us for close to a year now.
lol.... I was away from the board for a good part of the past year. I guess I was fortunate to avoid the bulk of it.
greenphantom
Swell

I caught the 4th Qtr of North Texas's win over Ball St and a good amount of their game against Georgia. This will be a very tough team. They look similar talent wise to Tech and ULM but much better coached. They blocked a punt for a TD against Georgia so Special Teams better be ready. If we come out like we did against USA, we will lose.
DrBox
Riptide

Special teams is the only thing that worries me about this UNT game from them.

They have a veteran team with a capable QB, so I don't expect them to turn it over to us. But their defense is leaky, to say the least, and I think we have the edge.
TU23
High Tide

greenphantom wrote:I caught the 4th Qtr of North Texas's win over Ball St and a good amount of their game against Georgia. This will be a very tough team. They look similar talent wise to Tech and ULM but much better coached. They blocked a punt for a TD against Georgia so Special Teams better be ready. If we come out like we did against USA, we will lose.
They also returned a kickoff for a TD against Georgia.
wave to em
Surge

I know its their "highlights" but this team is 2-2 with a blowout over idaho and a win over a solid ball st team. Not to mention the uga game that they had everyone watching. Is it safe to say that aside from syracuse, this will be the best team we have played/will play so far?
CuJo.
#SickEmWave
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Robert...the Coacing staff's at UTSA is light years better than Tulanes...Duh Wave will get their azz kik'ed in San Antonio in a few weeks...UTSA has more speed,,,more muscle and one hell of a better Coacing Staff.....I grew up in Ole Metry. spent many nights in the North End Zone.. I know when team A has more athletes than team B.... I posted earlier that USA should beat Tulane, how did that work out, and UTSA beat USA last year...
Last edited by golfnut69 on Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tnelly15
Riptide

You also predicted that ULM and LA Tech would beat Tulane, how did those workout?
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tnelly15 wrote:You also predicted that ULM and LA Tech would beat Tulane, how did those workout?

duh I predicted 40 to 17 Tulane over ULM, if I remember correctly
Krewe of Ham & Eggs
High Tide

golfnut69 wrote:Robert...the Coacing staff's at UTSA is light years better than Tulanes...Duh Wave will get their azz kik'ed in San Antonio in a few weeks...UTSA has more speed,,,more muscle and one hell of a better Coacing Staff.....I grew up in Ole Metry. spent many nights in the North End Zone.. Played against Terry Brahshaw, Phil Robertson, Ray Guy and pitched against several notable Major Leaguers during my minor League days and FYI, ..but I am smart enuff to know when team A has more athletes than team B.... I posted earlier that USA should beat Tulane, how did that work out, and UTSA beat USA last year...
Anyone with that much god awful spelling/grammar shouldn't say they are "smart enuff" about anything IJS
Tulane Class of 2004
tnelly15
Riptide

You actually just gave a score and no team, but with all the terrible things you said about Tulane last week I know you weren't picking them to beat anyone, especially in blowout fashion. It's a good strategy though, just pick a score and nobody can say you were wrong.
threeputt
High Tide

Bet the house on UNT this game.
ajcalhoun
Swell

golfnut69 wrote:I also think the staff at UTSA is better than Tulane
I'm far from ready to defend this coaching staff but I still believe we roll UTSA.
God Bless Everyone!
DrBox
Riptide

golfnut69 wrote:Robert...the Coacing staff's at UTSA is light years better than Tulanes...Duh Wave will get their azz kik'ed in San Antonio in a few weeks...UTSA has more speed,,,more muscle and one hell of a better Coacing Staff......
Absolutely laughable.
That UTSA staff is about as on-the-cheap as you can get. They're doing a great job, no doubt. They have good skill players...muscle, they don't have much of.
RobertM320
Green Wave

wave to em wrote:I know its their "highlights" but this team is 2-2 with a blowout over idaho and a win over a solid ball st team. Not to mention the uga game that they had everyone watching. Is it safe to say that aside from syracuse, this will be the best team we have played/will play so far?
I would have to agree with that. Although it does look like Ball State coughed up the ball a bunch of times, as did Idaho. And they were down something like 27-14 at half of the Ball State game and came back, and got blown out in the second half at Georgia. So, are they better, or are we judging them on a couple of good "halves" of football? (2nd half Ball St., 1st half UGA)
AugWave
Swell

I think North Texas is a good team. However, we should beat them.
I don't yell. I don't scream. I don't argue. I just hit 'em over the head with a bottle.