Syracuse Game Thread

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Wave755
Tsunami

DfromCT wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:If I were forced to have a "view from Syracuse"... I would get the hell out !!!!!...whatta a dump...a bunch of private school wannabes....
Golfnut, have you been on an extended bender? I used to enjoy your insightful posts, but lately they've just been venomous. Syracuse is, and always has been a private university. They have a HUGE folllowing stretching across central NY and well into New England. With many prestigious alumni, it's rapidly catching up academically to Tulane. It's located in central NY, just above the Finger Lakes region. Though the city of Syracuse itself is no great shakes, it's a beautiful region. What gives, man?
USN&WR ranks Syracuse 62 (Tulane 52), other USN&WR ranked private schools we play in football are SMU 60, & Tulsa 86. Our endowment is stated by USN&WR as $946,174,000 & Syracuse $940,055,707 (so much for Scott Cowen the "super fundraiser” as “advertised” for his hiring in 1998). Golfnut, listen to this Connecticut Yankee, he knows!

mbawavefan12
Tsunami

Wave755 wrote:
DfromCT wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:If I were forced to have a "view from Syracuse"... I would get the hell out !!!!!...whatta a dump...a bunch of private school wannabes....
Golfnut, have you been on an extended bender? I used to enjoy your insightful posts, but lately they've just been venomous. Syracuse is, and always has been a private university. They have a HUGE folllowing stretching across central NY and well into New England. With many prestigious alumni, it's rapidly catching up academically to Tulane. It's located in central NY, just above the Finger Lakes region. Though the city of Syracuse itself is no great shakes, it's a beautiful region. What gives, man?
USN&WR ranks Syracuse 62 (Tulane 52), other USN&WR ranked private schools we play in football are SMU 60, & Tulsa 86. Our endowment is stated by USN&WR as $946,174,000 & Syracuse $940,055,707 (so much for Scott Cowen the "super fundraiser” as “advertised” for his hiring in 1998). Golfnut, listen to this Connecticut Yankee, he knows!
Cuse is a very good school with a great communications program. They do have far less cash than TU in real terms for two reasons 1) endowments are routinely judged on a per student basis and Cuse has 21k students 2) A dollar goes further in the deep south than upstate NY. Of course they now have a solid P5 revenue source which should help in endowment and marketing.

We should be lucky to play them in athletics every year. But man those winters are BRUTAL and I grew up in New England.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

mbawavefan12 wrote: Cuse is a very good school with a great communications program. They do have far less cash than TU in real terms for two reasons 1) endowments are routinely judged on a per student basis and Cuse has 21k students 2) A dollar goes further in the deep south than upstate NY. Of course they now have a solid P5 revenue source which should help in endowment and marketing.

We should be lucky to play them in athletics every year. But man those winters are BRUTAL and I grew up in New England.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

From the guy in the other thread who was arguing that Tulane has a shoestring budget compared to other private schools. :lol: :lol:

Good thing you've ignored this so you can't be embarrassed yet again.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

Wave755 wrote:
DfromCT wrote:
Correct. Everything positive noted about Cowen has been a lie, except for perhaps his post-Katrina leadership.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

DfromCT wrote:
winwave wrote:Heat Seeking Missile:

http://theneworleansadvocate.com/sports ... lanes-nico

BTW, Guerry has kept up his good coverage of the team's goings on since the season started following his excellent preseason coverage at the wavereport.com .
Nico is the guy that many on this board have pointed to as the prime example of Tulane lacking size in critical positions. He's a beast out there. I really enjoy watching him play. More so than any defender since maybe Micheal Jordan possibly as far back as Sly McGrew. Elpheage had a boatload of talent, but made a lot of mistakes (and repeated them) through his career. This true freshman despite being undersized, is just a pleasure to watch. I wonder what he'd be like at (free) safety?
....and we get four years of his giant heart. Pretty pumped!
torbida
Surge

what local station in New Orleans has todays game
Robert1969
Riptide

Here it is.
The Tulane University football team will look to make it two in a row as the Green Wave travel to New York to take on Syracuse on Saturday in the Carrier Dome. Kickoff for that game is slated for 11:30 a.m. (CDT) and will be televised live on the Atlantic Coast Conference’s Regional Sports Network (RSN) with local coverage on Fox Sports New Orleans. - See more at: http://www.sportsnola.com/sports/tulane ... qXvaL.dpuf
winwave
Top of the WAVE

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
MDS15
Ripple

Game is on ESPN 3 for most of the country.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

The guide for fs no has to be announced. Hopefully it will be aired.
GreenLantern
Riptide

Charter is televising the game on channel 354. The bad news is that it is a pay-per-view with a fee of $141.82. Think I will be listening on radio.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

GreenLantern wrote:Charter is televising the game on channel 354. The bad news is that it is a pay-per-view with a fee of $141.82. Think I will be listening on radio.
I just saw that and took a picture of that screen. Just go to ESPN3 and plug your PC into your TV that's free.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
GreenLantern
Riptide

Thanks tpstulane. I noticed that you joined the forum the day after I did. However, you've made a few more posts than I have. :)
torbida
Surge

in Florida it's on sun sports channel 50 (Comcast).
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

GreenLantern wrote:Thanks tpstulane. I noticed that you joined the forum the day after I did. However, you've made a few more posts than I have. :)
Just bored I guess. :mrgreen:
Tulane Class of 1981
sader24
Tsunami

Fox Sports 2, 1079 on Cox Cable.
wavefan03
Surge

That link says 79 but nothing on cox wtf

Anyone in nola got it on cox?
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

wavefan03 wrote:That link says 79 but nothing on cox wtf

May be a premium tier that you have to subscribe to.
Tulane Class of 1981
RobertM320
Green Wave

wavefan03 wrote:That link says 79 but nothing on cox wtf

You had to have the digital cable package with the cable box. I had it on one tv but not the other.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson