Wave WVB shuts out UNO sets new record 8-0 start.

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Green Wave
Swell

For the first time in the 39 year history of women's VB, The Lady Wave started the season 8 - 0.

The girls have something they have not had these last two seasons. Depth.

Bolstered by 7 incoming freshman, Tulane now has a roster loaded with new talent.

Three out of the top 4 leaders in kills are Freshman:

Annie Shurtz (fr) 99 kills
Tea Juric (fr) 92 kills
Cori Martone (sr) 75 kills
Sarah Strasner (fr) 67 kills

The wave have a 29 - 5 set record and 4 out of 8 matches have been shut outs.

The girls got game.

http://www.tulanegreenwave.com/sports/w ... 13aaa.html

ROLL WAVE!

ROLL WAVE!
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

And this has been your daily advertisement for Tulane Athletics, courtesy of your friends at the Wilson Center.
dpm wave
Swell

Season doesn't start until September 27th. Wake me up then. Until then, stop your trolling.
Robert1969
Riptide

dpm wave wrote: Until then, stop your trolling.
He's not trolling just because he said something positive about the women's volleyball team.
Jonathan
Riptide

Obviously employees of the TU athletic department are not trolls. You are not funny with your snide remarks about him. Thanks for bringing us this info. I do feel the volleyball schedule is extremely weak and I hold the coach responsible for it.
Wave QB
Swell

Happy they are undefeated, but this was expected after the schedule came out.
DrBox
Riptide

Congratulations on not losing to any of these schools.
But due to the horrendously weak OOC schedule, progress can be measured only by conference record. And the athletic department continues to demean Tulane University by insisting that wins over programs with 1/5 of our resources are meaningful and are indicative of a great success.
They did what they are supposed to do - congrats again on that.
Last edited by DrBox on Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
TXWave88
Surge

Hey guys! At least they won the games they were suppose to win!
breaker
Ripple

Show me a good conference record or wins over quality opponents and I'll start paying attention.

Meanwhile, women's golf finished 10th of 15 in NCAA preview and that actually is worth noticing, as we only trailed champion and defending NCAA champ USC by 20 strokes for 3 days and finished ahead of perennial contenders UNC, Georgia, Vanderbilt and Texas . Yes, the Tar Heels, Bulldogs, Commodores and Longhorns - not Northern Colorado, Georgia State, Vandebilt Catholic or Texas School for the Blind.
JDTulane
Riptide

jonathanjoseph wrote:And this has been your daily advertisement for Tulane Athletics, courtesy of your friends at the Wilson Center.

Dear God, bitter much? Even if GW is in the ath dept or is 180 your view point, nothing wrong with that post. You have a seriously permagrump problem

"I'LL HAVE A PROBLEM TILL COWDICK LEAVES"

Well then can you stop posting now and come back then?
sader24
Tsunami

In related news I'll be at St. Catherine grammar school at recess today where I will fight 8 straight 10 year olds and after I demolish them I will celebrate my undefeated record.
JDTulane
Riptide

This would only work if you too were a 10 year old (albeit one thats a bit taller, bigger, held back possibly, steroids).... are you trying to say something?
Wave QB
Swell

sader24 wrote:In related news I'll be at St. Catherine grammar school at recess today where I will fight 8 straight 10 year olds and after I demolish them I will celebrate my undefeated record.
:lol: :lol:
Wave755
Tsunami

I am sure by now you guys have noticed Green Wave is a Rick Dickson shill? I believe he was Emerald Wave on the NOLA forum, he sure served up a whole lot of Cow/Dick Kool-Aid over at the NOLA forum (Green Wave thought "Buffet" Bob Toledo was an "offensive genius" and told us all we should, “just keep drinking the Cow/Dick Kool-Aid like good Green Waves, people!!!”) and has many more pitchers full of Cow/Dick Kool-Aid for the serving of GOTULA.
Last edited by Wave755 on Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
JerseyWave
Riptide

The is the Cow/Dick method, keep weakening the schedule until success. It worked for Coach Conmanroy, but it hasn't work for Football yet.
sader24
Tsunami

It hasn't worked for anyone, did playing Jackson St. prepare us for South Alabama or Louisiana Tech? Absolutely not, it took us almost a half to catch up to South Alabama. Had we opened the season with a good opponent we likely would've lost, but I'm 99% positive we'd have beaten USA and still be 1-1 except with a FBS win instead of a FCS/SWAC win. Did we have a winning record in Conference in basketball last year? Nope. Play weak schedules you lose games you shouldn't.
Green Wave
Swell

Wow you guys are Tulane fans?

I post good news and all you guys can do is come here bitch, moan and attempt to insult me?

What's next going to go bully some 10 year olds?

Oh wait Sader already has that covered. :mrgreen:
ROLL WAVE!
sader24
Tsunami

You suck, and all you do is antagonize Tulane fans and make them want to bash the Athletic Dept even after a win. This is why everyone hates Dickson and the Athletic Dept. You win 1 game and we're all happy about it and instead of using it as an opportunity to bridge the divide u use it as an opportunity to show us how we are all wrong and ur right. Really stupid.
Green Wave
Swell

sader24 wrote:You suck, and all you do is antagonize Tulane fans and make them want to bash the Athletic Dept even after a win. This is why everyone hates Dickson and the Athletic Dept. You win 1 game and we're all happy about it and instead of using it as an opportunity to bridge the divide u use it as an opportunity to show us how we are all wrong and ur right. Really stupid.
Hey dude you took this post here. You have no one to blame but yourself. You are an arrogant SOB that has no regard for Tulane or its opponents and who does nothing but spread hate. You my friend could have just as easily said ROLL WAVE but chose to go off editorializing and defaming people in the process. All I got from this post was you and some others in attack mode. So go get your mirror out Mr. self righteous because you need to take a serious look at what its reflecting.
ROLL WAVE!
Wave QB
Swell

Damnnnnnnn. This board has been pretty rough lately.

It's just volleyball fellas.
Bigschtick
Riptide

Its not just about volleyball, its about "truth, justice and the American way"
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Bigschtick wrote:Its not just about volleyball, its about "truth, justice and the American way"
How about.... "Truth, Justice and complaining about the Cow/Dick Way"
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Wave755
Tsunami

Wave QB wrote:Damnnnnnnn. This board has been pretty rough lately.

Wave QB, we, the remaining 3,500 fans of Tulane football, have now endured years of insults and condescension from shills of Dickson, not to mention years of insults and condescension from Dickson himself. It is understandable that with the Cowen Nightmare for Tulane now about to end people are exploding with resentment for the Cow/Dick Regime. “Cut off the head, the tail dies,” Dickson and his “minions” like Green Wave will not long survive the departure of Cowen. I share the frustration of this entire forum for having gone from 12-0 and 7th in the nation for 1998 to where Cowen has taken us for now. Wave QB, the resentment expressed for this thread has nothing to do with volleyball.
Last edited by Wave755 on Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bigschtick
Riptide

Wave755 wrote:
Wave QB wrote:Damnnnnnnn. This board has been pretty rough lately.

Wave QB, we, the remaining 3,500 fans of Tulane football, have now endured years of insults and condescension from shills of Dickson, not to mentions years of insults and condescension from Dickson himself. It is understandable that with the Cowen Nightmare for Tulane now about to end people are exploding with resentment for the Cow/Dick Regime. “Cut off the head, the tail dies,” Dickson and his “minions” like Green Wave will not long survive the departure of Cowen. I share the frustration of this entire forum for having gone from 12-0 and 7th in the nation for 1998 to where Cowen has taken us for now. Wave QB, the resentment expressed for this thread has nothing to do with volleyball.

D, you the man!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
Robert1969
Riptide

Wave755 wrote: Wave QB, the resentment expressed for this thread has nothing to do with volleyball.
And THAT'S exactly the problem. This thread isn't the "vent your frustrations with the football program" thread. This is a thread about the women's volleyball team. For whatever reason, at this moment they are 8 and 0. Undefeated. It's not a quality schedule, whatever. They do appear to be dominating against their weaker opponents the way they should.

Of course this doesn't make up for what has happened to the football program. But this isn't about the football program. And I would agree with those who think Dickson should be gone. I agree that he's a failed AD. But that's not what THIS thread is about. THIS thread is about the recent success of the women's volleyball team. To that, I say, keep it going, and ROLL WAVE.

You guys don't seem to understand that the women who are being celebrated in this thread care every bit as much about their sport as any football player that has ever been on campus. They fight as hard for the Olive and Blue as any other athlete. Clearly, they understand that volleyball is not going to attract the attention of football. But it must be annoying as all get out that a thread meant to report on their recent successes has to turn into a pissing contest about Cow/Dick blahdehfuckingblah.

Give it a fucking break! The women that this thread is all about, who are out there sweating for Tulane deserve that this thread be about them and not about your grievances with Rick Dickson and Scott Cowen. And if you don't care enough about Volleyball to tip your hat to these women, then have the decency to save your Cow/Dick bitchfest for a thread about that topic.

Even if you don't think the women's volleyball team's undefeated record is worthy of your cheers, then you should at least respect them enough to give them your silence.