Memphis comes back late to beat TU 7-6

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Green Wave
Swell

The wave had it tied late but Pepitone sat due to pitching three shoutout innings in last nites 13 inning ordeal. Ponder couldnt hold it.

Hopefully we will have enough arms to win the series on Sunday.

ROLL WAVE! :mrgreen:

ROLL WAVE!
Pepper
Swell

Tomorrow is definately a must win game. We can't afford to lose any series much less one at home at this point. I swear from the neck down we are a real good team but the upper portion needs a shrink or witch doctor!
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
RWR
Swell

pepper- we are bettter from the neck down but that'a low bar. This team just doesn't have much talent. I enjoy pulling for them against the odds due to the injuries but there just isn't much there. And what makes it worse is that they are poorly coached. All those blunders are inexcusable.
Jonathan
Riptide

Amen to RWR's last post
Pepper
Swell

I agree our talent is not where it once was but we have 4 players that hit over 300 last year that can't get close to that this year. INHO, that's the #1 reason why we have struggled so much. Pitching has done a 180 this year from last.

The question is why have we hit so poorly? Did the coaches change the players' mechanics or their approach? I don't know.

I do know we changed pitching coaches from last year, so maybe a change in hitting coaches might be the answer.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.