USA game week

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

View from Alabama...some info is incorrect

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2013 ... ala_1.html
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
OUG
Riptide

The line is Tulane -5.5 after opening at -7.

Honestly, based on how we looked in the first game, recent history, etc, I would set it at about -4. I like Tulane only by 27-23 in this one, but I definitely do like them in this spot.
wavedat
Swell

OUG wrote:The line is Tulane -5.5 after opening at -7.

Honestly, based on how we looked in the first game, recent history, etc, I would set it at about -4. I like Tulane only by 27-23 in this one, but I definitely do like them in this spot.

What a loser.
Tulane didn't have a stadium issue it had a program and facilities issues. To the new President- we want a new AD , a football facility and an IPF. We want top 25 programs in football and basketball the only two sports that count.
wavedat
Swell

They lost their first string QB last week so we get yet another break while we try and get it together. Things are definitely falling our way this season.
Tulane didn't have a stadium issue it had a program and facilities issues. To the new President- we want a new AD , a football facility and an IPF. We want top 25 programs in football and basketball the only two sports that count.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
LSU Law Greenie
Surge

What type of injury did their QB suffer and is he def out for this week?
My name is T J Acosta and I approve this message!
Pullinmyhairout
Low Tide

You can watch their highlights vs S. Utah here:

Copy and paste it into your browser.

They look like they run a similar offense to ours. Their interior defensive line could give us trouble.
Wave QB
Swell

Their 2nd string QB is better than their 1st string in my eyes. Bridges is a mobile QB and can run well. USA's secondary is not good enough to stop our weapons. Their defensive line has speed, but that's it. I think CJ is going to open up the playbook a bit more in this game.
wave to em
Surge

Just watched the highlights and there is no reason that we shouldn't beat this team like we did Jackson St.
CuJo.
#SickEmWave
Wave QB
Swell

wave to em wrote:Just watched the highlights and there is no reason that we shouldn't beat this team like we did Jackson St.
I believe Jackson State's offensive line is better than USA's.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tnelly15
Riptide

wavedat wrote:They lost their first string QB last week so we get yet another break while we try and get it together. Things are definitely falling our way this season.
Can you give us a link to that? I didn't find any evidence that Ross Metheny was injured.
Or Brandon Bridge, who also played last week.
Wave QB
Swell

Brandon Bridges is no Ivy. I watched him avoid plenty of sacks and pass for almost 200 yards vs. Miss State when he was at Alcorn. I also saw him shake a few Bulldogs while rushing for a 70 some yard TD. Like CJ said, this kid can run. I think he brings more problems than Metheny. USA's WR's don't bring much to the table. There defense is suspect as well. We should be able to pass the ball more this game.

Here is a clip of him as a true freshman at Alcorn
Last edited by Wave QB on Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

@GreenWaveFB: CJ: "We have to run the ball. I like a 50-50 balance." #Tulane
@GreenWaveFB: CJ: "We are going to stay with the young deep snapper. I won't mention his name until he does something good." #Tulane
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DaveBrownStreak
High Tide

wavedat wrote:They lost their first string QB last week so we get yet another break while we try and get it together. Things are definitely falling our way this season.
Wow WHINEDAT, that's a lucid, cohesive and well though out statement. All qualities you don't usually show when posting. Also, I'm am VERY disappointed in you because you did not find a way to work in a "POSS" comment. You are slipping my friend.....
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Expect more running the ball this weekend....
http://www.nola.com/tulane/index.ssf/20 ... er_default
...Don’t expect the basic strategy and goal of the Green Wave to change. Tulane will run the ball. It produced 158 rushing yards on Thursday, more than 100 of the total came in the first half.

“We were poor last year in the running game,” Johnson said in Tuesday’s media luncheon. “I think we have to challenge the offensive line. We have to challenge those backs. We’ve got to run. (Starting running back) Orleans (Darkwa), I liked what he did. He had yards after contact, and that’s one of the most important things for a good running back to have. I think the line blocked for him pretty well. There were some cases where they missed some stuff. All in all, it was a good day rushing the ball but I’d like to get more. There’s more out there on the table in the running game also.”
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

winwave
Top of the WAVE

winwave
Top of the WAVE

winwave
Top of the WAVE

Eaglewave
Swell

Wave QB wrote:Brandon Bridges is no Ivy. I watched him avoid plenty of sacks and pass for almost 200 yards vs. Miss State when he was at Alcorn. I also saw him shake a few Bulldogs while rushing for a 70 some yard TD. Like CJ said, this kid can run. I think he brings more problems than Metheny. USA's WR's don't bring much to the table. There defense is suspect as well. We should be able to pass the ball more this game.

Here is a clip of him as a true freshman at Alcorn
That run against Mississippi State was great. We are going to have to force him to throw the football. The kid has wheels.
Ball Sumrall!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

winwave
Top of the WAVE