HOW FAR HAVE WE FALLEN?

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Jonathan
Riptide

LSU TU Series TU 0 LSU A&M 2 We are struggling to make bottom 8 in CUSA to get into CUSA Tournament Sadly no NCAA tournament regional AGAIN for TU this year.Remember when we were the No. 1 team in the nation long ago! I have not posted for the last two weeks so I would not be blasted by the two posters that love Rick Jones and his staff (and the great job they are currently doing at TU for the last four years) Rick and staff need to resign and bring in a new young coach that earns his half million dollar salary in recruiting top players WITH NO EXCUSES!

sader24
Tsunami

Tulane's most important athletic programs:

1. Football
2. Football
3. Football
4. Basketball
5. Baseball

Programs that are in the worst condition:

1. Football
2. Football
3. Football
4. Basketball
5. Baseball

Our most important program by far is in the toilet. Baseball is 26-19 and while it is certainly not good, it's about 15 on the priority list for what's most important for this athletic department.
RWR
Swell

Making a terrible performance even worse was RJ doing his Bob Toledo impersonation. RJ said that other than the first two innings the score was 2-2. The embarrassment never ends w/this athletic program. And when are we going to move Cannizaro from short to 3rd. How he wasn't credited w/at least one error is unbelievable. Put Middleton there and get over the legacy thing.
rollinggreen
High Tide

Business as usual RWR. Then again, this comes as no surprise to us. Same old same old.
Jonathan
Riptide

Sadler I agree with you. Even our good brothers on Ye olde green are giving up on Rick Jones and staff after. Lsu a&m game read lsu tu thread
Pepper
Swell

Sader, I agree football is the bellcow at every university that plays D-1 football except say Duke but at least their bball program is in the hunt for the NC every year.

Until we fix football, it won't matter what the other sports do. Winning in other sports doesn't put fans in the seats at football games. Football = moneymaker for the whole athletic dept. if done right.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.