Pepitone saves his 11th game as the Wave beat UAB 6-3

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Green Wave
Swell

After a complete game 5 hitter on Wednesday by Freshman Wade Konvicka, Tulane took advantage of the one pitcher performance by using Ponder and Pepitone in relief of Conrad Flynn. The trio only gave up 3 hits. Nice week so far. :mrgreen:

ROLL WAVE!

ROLL WAVE!
Pepper
Swell

Solid win and I am hoping we stay healthy and can make a run.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
Bigschtick
Riptide

now if we can only take the series. A sweep would be too much to ask but would be sweet! We are not going to Omaha but there is still a chance to at least have a respectable season, all that I ask at this point.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
RWR
Swell

No reason not to sweep. UAB has lost their Friday night starter and already used up their other quality starter. Find your sweep shirt. Mine is ready.
JTLiuzza
Swell

RWR wrote:Find your sweep shirt. Mine is ready.
I forgot to wear mine the last time we were in a position to sweep (UCF). Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.

Will definitely be wearing it tomorrow.

Roll Wave!
The second commandment has not been abrogated.
Green Wave
Swell

No sweep. Tulane scores 9 runs in 3 games and takes the series but cant manage but 5 hits on Sunday.

So now do we play cautious against LSU this week or go all out to beat the Tigs and forget the weekend battle?

What a dilema for a coach. Save resources for the conference games or kick LSU at all costs?

I am glad I am just a fan. :mrgreen:

ROLL WAVE!
ROLL WAVE!
JDTulane
Riptide

At this point we should be able to at least make the conference tourney. I would throw everything at LSU to shut the fans up. We have Memphis and Marshall who are roller coastering. ECU is the team we have left that I fear.
RWR
Swell

I think you'll see Konvicka followed by Ponder. We'll be in the conf. tourney. The talk should be if we'll be playing after that. While I still hold out hope I think we are just too inconsistent. There was no reason not to sweep. Our true 3rd starter against a guy who never started before.
Pepper
Swell

The hell with LSU. We need to save arms for conf play.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.