Tanner Lee

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
Show Me
Tsunami

Are people here really this blind. Every QB in the CJ error has been badly injured and has missed multiple games. The OL is terrible to run this offense and we have no receivers to catch and get open. Montana multiple separated shoulders and concussions. Powell broken ribs. Lee separated shoulders, multiple concussions, multiple broken fingers. It's obvious we need a QB that can just run away from pressure. We don't have one on the roster unless you consider Darion Monroe. When Lee had time he's done well. When not he gets killed.

Eaglewave
Swell

Show Me wrote:Are people here really this blind. Every QB in the CJ error has been badly injured and has missed multiple games. The OL is terrible to run this offense and we have no receivers to catch and get open. Montana multiple separated shoulders and concussions. Powell broken ribs. Lee separated shoulders, multiple concussions, multiple broken fingers. It's obvious we need a QB that can just run away from pressure. We don't have one on the roster unless you consider Darion Monroe. When Lee had time he's done well. When not he gets killed.
That's terrible! Don't forget that Griffin went through his pains and no gains as well. Of all of the QB's, I really felt bad for Montana. I saw his clips from Wash and JUCO, the kid made things happen with his feet and could sharp short passes. He showed in the USA game that he could unleash. However, the Syracuse game ruined his career. That kid took a horrific beating behind our offensive line.

Powell is a spread QB. He can do good things out of the gun. However, the play calling sucked.

Lee has been ruined by the play calling, poor coaching decision to start him in our first year of AAC play, lack of QB coaching and the poor play of the offensive line.
Ball Sumrall!
greenphantom
Swell

Jordy Joseph > Tanner Lee
sader24
Tsunami

To be fair, Lee looked like an All American against this defense last year.
Jonathan
Riptide

Joseph He is mobile quick running out of the pocket.Tanner is so slow he cannot leave the pocket. He is Mr. Interceptions. Always injured. Joseph could have saved CJs job.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

sader24 wrote:To be fair, Lee looked like an All American against this defense last year.
Yes. His best game ever.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
wavemania
Surge

And he still lost that game.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

wavemania wrote:And he still lost that game.
Nope. A missed a 21 yard FG in regulation with 3 seconds left after he drove us 70 yards lost that game.
Tulane Class of 1981
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

wavemania wrote:And he still lost that game.
And this kind of post is why this remains the dumbest thread in the history of this forum.

edit for clarity x2: I posted this before that BOTH pick 6's.
Last edited by jonathanjoseph on Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
sader24
Tsunami

Care to repost??
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Pick 6 Jordy
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Bring in Glen C
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Wow 2 pick 6's back to back
Tulane Class of 1981
greenphantom
Swell

tpstulane wrote:Wow 2 pick 6's back to back
Well, Jordy doesn't have an OL and the WRs must have run the wrong routes on those plays. Plus he has a blister on his throwing finger. Also, Tanner did not play this team last year. He played a much worse Tulsa team.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

greenphantom wrote:
tpstulane wrote:Wow 2 pick 6's back to back
Well, Jordy doesn't have an OL and the WRs must have run the wrong routes on those plays. Plus he has a blister on his throwing finger. Also, Tanner did not play this team last year. He played a much worse Tulsa team.
Yeah OK haters going to hate. To pop this thread up again with the guy out on the sidelines with two broken fingers is ridiculous.
Tulane Class of 1981
Show Me
Tsunami

greenphantom wrote:Jordy Joseph > Tanner Lee
Biggest JINX ever. Jordy thanks you!
:oops:
sader24
Tsunami

Tulsa's defense is as bad or worse than it was last year at 124th in the country. The reason Tulsa has 6 wins is because their offense is vastly improved. I do find it comical that you couldn't resist bringing this thread back into circulation and as soon as you did Jordy throws 2 Pick 6's to lose the game, not to mention the panicked shovel pass to nobody that was almost a pick 6 to a defensive tackle.
Show Me
Tsunami

sader24 wrote:Tulsa's defense is as bad or worse than it was last year at 124th in the country. The reason Tulsa has 6 wins is because their offense is vastly improved. I do find it comical that you couldn't resist bringing this thread back into circulation and as soon as you did Jordy throws 2 Pick 6's to lose the game, not to mention the panicked shovel pass to nobody that was almost a pick 6 to a defensive tackle.
+1
Here are the TD passes JJ tossed. Nothing special.
Joseph threw his first on a jump push TD pass to the TE on a great 4th down call by Price the TE did all the work. His second TD was a 4 yarder to Veal. And his third one was a one yard shuffle pass that Hillard ran for 65 yards. His 4th was a a nice pass to a wide open Hicks. Open by 20 yards.
Robert1969
Riptide

Show Me wrote:
sader24 wrote:Tulsa's defense is as bad or worse than it was last year at 124th in the country. The reason Tulsa has 6 wins is because their offense is vastly improved. I do find it comical that you couldn't resist bringing this thread back into circulation and as soon as you did Jordy throws 2 Pick 6's to lose the game, not to mention the panicked shovel pass to nobody that was almost a pick 6 to a defensive tackle.
+1
Joseph threw his first on a jump push TD pass to the TE on a great 4th down call by Price the TE did all the work. His second TD was a 4 yarder to Veal. And his third one was a one yard shuffle pass that Hillard ran for 65 yards. His 4th was a a nice pass to a wide open Hicks. Open by 20 yards.
All that is true, but he still made plays tonight that Lee couldn't make. Inexperience is the reason he didn't lead us to victory.

I think Lee is a good quarterback, and has loads of potential. But he's a pocket passer, and we don't have the O-line for pure pocket passer. It isn't so much that I think Lee is worse than Jordy. I just think Jordy, had he been given the chance, would have fit our team better in the long run, because his legs and athleticism help make up for what we lack at O-line.
sader24
Tsunami

Robert1969 wrote:
Show Me wrote:
+1
All that is true, but he still made plays tonight that Lee couldn't make. Inexperience is the reason he didn't lead us to victory.

I think Lee is a good quarterback, and has loads of potential. But he's a pocket passer, and we don't have the O-line for pure pocket passer. It isn't so much that I think Lee is worse than Jordy. I just think Jordy, had he been given the chance, would have fit our team better in the long run, because his legs and athleticism help make up for what we lack at O-line.
He certainly made some plays Tanner would not have made. I'm not disputing that. I just think it's crazy that we are still fueling this thread when it's obvious to everyone watching this is a horrendously coached team and no matter who was playing QB we would be 3-9. The only exception to this is the UCONN game where Lee had a broken finger and should not have played. JJ shouldve started that game and we maybe would have won.
greenphantom
Swell

Sure it's my fault that I made a post at 8:11 and JJ threw his 1st pick 6 2 hours later. He had played a good game up till that point. if Lee had played the same game Jordy did last night, you guys would be trumpeting up his performance and blaming everyone else but him for the Pick 6s. Even TPS above is bringing up last year's game but forgetting that Lee threw an INT to end that one.
greenphantom
Swell

sader24 wrote:
Robert1969 wrote:
Show Me wrote:
+1

He certainly made some plays Tanner would not have made. I'm not disputing that. I just think it's crazy that we are still fueling this thread when it's obvious to everyone watching this is a horrendously coached team and no matter who was playing QB we would be 3-9. The only exception to this is the UCONN game where Lee had a broken finger and should not have played. JJ shouldve started that game and we maybe would have won.
Agree on everything you just said
ArtVandelay
Ripple

That was the best Tulane's offense looked all year, and it was because Jordy Joseph was QB'ing, instead of lead footed Tanner Lee. I heard either Steve Young or Trent Dilfer say after the Saints vs Bears game last year, when Brees played great and Cutler terrible, that to be a good qb, you need a "fast twitch" brain. You can have all the talent in the world, but you need to process things at such a fast pace to be a good QB. Tanner doesn't seem to have that ability.
Jaxwave
Swell

most of the season Lee had to process that information at a much faster pace than Joseph did against the 124th defense.
Show Me
Tsunami

ArtVandelay wrote:That was the best Tulane's offense looked all year, and it was because Jordy Joseph was QB'ing, instead of lead footed Tanner Lee. I heard either Steve Young or Trent Dilfer say after the Saints vs Bears game last year, when Brees played great and Cutler terrible, that to be a good qb, you need a "fast twitch" brain. You can have all the talent in the world, but you need to process things at such a fast pace to be a good QB. Tanner doesn't seem to have that ability.
Did you even watch the 4th Qtr?