Basketball schedule

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Fred Dowler
Riptide

There's some talk about upgrading it, which is good.

Clearly, the pre-conference (November - early January) record last season appeared impressive but also wasn't in fact indicating a whole lot about the team, seeing as how they struggled in conference play.

Which goes to prove that there isn't much to talk about until you win games in conference play and really these days more and more than ever with basketball until you do what it takes to make it into postseason play.

But...you have to BOTH build up wins and beat teams that people know about and have some regard for.

And (this is a special message to the certain self-appointed "voice of the fans" other Tulane sports fan forum owner who says that fans should not ever be discerning as to whether to spend money on buying tickets to go to all of these games against non-conference opponents that nobody ever heard of and chastises people who say that they don't like having too many such games on the schedule) there's no escaping that Tulane still has to prove that they deserve fans' loyal support and do that the old-fashioned way. They have to EARN it.

Tulane sports: small football stadium, very small basketball arena, w̶i̶n̶n̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶g̶r̶a̶m̶s̶, h̶o̶n̶e̶s̶t̶y̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶c̶c̶o̶u̶n̶t̶a̶b̶i̶l̶i̶t̶y̶ , but, hey, now there's tailgating.